2 BCC sets left - which should I keep?? (1 Viewer)

Which of these lovely sets should I keep

• Mardi Gras!

Votes: 41 41.0%
  • Proteges

Votes: 23 23.0%
  • Both, you idiot!

Votes: 36 36.0%

• Total voters

Eriks

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I have two lovely BCC cashsets left. But I also have another 4 different cashsets, so I'm contemplating getting rid of one of the BCCs
I can't decide between them and I can't decide if the whole thing is a terrible idea and I should just keep both.
Please help...

unnamed (6).jpg
unnamed (5).jpg

Keep both. There. I helped.

C&S mold is surpreme IMO, but those Mardi Gras colors and art rock. I mean, come on man - this is impossible. Keep both.
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I would like to keep both but it’s also a question of space and the usage (or lack thereof) they’re likely to get

Easy call. Mardi Gras all the way.

C&S mold is very meh feeling when handled and the lower end Protege denoms are kinda bland. Those chips don’t get interesting until you get to the upper denoms($25 and up)

Keep both, but if one must go, dibs on Protege $20's

I agree with folks who say Mardi Gras is better.

I think protege are pretty amazing as well but best if you had access to thousands and thousands of them and culled them down to a set. Seemed like there are alot of QC issues with that line.

In that pic you can see the major height difference between the 5s and other denoms. Full chip difference vs the 1s. I think that may be tilting during use.

I really love the Proteges, had a tourney-set myself... But they really have quality issues... I always complained about their inconsistencies - espacially concerning the labels...

Keep the Mardi Gras!

P.S.: Are the $5-Protege such used, so 20 of them are as thick as 19 $1s?

Keep both sets. Both are epic in their own right and there will be regret either way. If it’s not a question of needing money it’s an easy decision to keep both.

If you have to choose one then Proteges ainec imo. Otherwise I'd say keep both!

The Mardi Gras are terrible and I believe you should ship them to Canada so I might enjoy them with my fellow canucks. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
on a serious note they are both fantastic. I’m keeping the Mardi Gras’s if I have to choose.

I have two lovely BCC cashsets left. But I also have another 4 different cashsets, so I'm contemplating getting rid of one of the BCCs
I can't decide between them and I can't decide if the whole thing is a terrible idea and I should just keep both.
Please help...

View attachment 706970View attachment 706969

Mardi Gras. I love the mold on my protégés, but I don't love the chips. They haven't hit the felt yet so my opinion may change.

I really love the Proteges, had a tourney-set myself... But they really have quality issues... I always complained about their inconsistencies - espacially concerning the labels...

Keep the Mardi Gras!

P.S.: Are the $5-Protege such used, so 20 of them are as thick as 19 $1s?
Yes but in their defence they shuffle like absolute butter

Mardi Gras. I love the mold on my protégés, but I don't love the chips. They haven't hit the felt yet so my opinion may change.
This is it, the C&S mold is superior but Mardi gras colors are better. Probably should keep both

I’m a sucker for colors so I’d have to go Mardi Gras. I also really like the suits mold. Either way, nice sets.

I agree with folks who say Mardi Gras is better.

I think protege are pretty amazing as well but best if you had access to thousands and thousands of them and culled them down to a set. Seemed like there are alot of QC issues with that line.

In that pic you can see the major height difference between the 5s and other denoms. Full chip difference vs the 1s. I think that may be tilting during use.
@Grandmasturkey @Strasser note the difference in the chips. Pretty sure it has to do with the additives to control shrinkage when plastic is cooled. If you don’t use them you will end up with this, different thickness and different diameter after cooling depending on your recipe for that color.

@Grandmasturkey @Strasser note the difference in the chips. Pretty sure it has to do with the additives to control shrinkage when plastic is cooled. If you don’t use them you will end up with this, different thickness and different diameter after cooling depending on your recipe for that color.
And if you were to tell us what those additives are....what would they be?!

Mardi Gras - colourful and fun. Bottom set - classic.

Really tough choice. I personally lean towards the classic look, so gun to my head, that’s what I’d choose.

My father told me early on...don’t sell something important unless you REALLY need the money. You’ll get the cash and spend it...now you’ll have neither the cash NOR the item you sold.
This advice has saved me more a few times from doing something regretful.

If it’s an emergency, sell a set. Otherwise keep both.

Reactions: khp
That’s a tough call for sure - both sets are great. If I had to trim down to one - I’d keep the Mardi Gras. BUT - if I didn’t have to trim down to one, I’d keep ‘em both. Sleep on it for a month and then see how you feel.

I voted keep both. However, you should definitely sell the Mardi Gras to me (I already have a Protege set.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom