‘Member’ Chip and/or ‘Champion’ Chip Pr0n (1 Viewer)

Dodger

Flush
Reaction score
PCF legends....Who has created ‘member’ chips for their poker crew? Let’s see them!

Or, if you have a poker league or run a Main Event style tourney, do you have a ‘champion’ chip for the winner? Let’s see them!

Some examples that come to mind are:
Any others out there?

Not looking for trophies, but chip-inspired goodness for your crew.

DSCF8038-01.jpeg

What a great way to honor those players. What’s the criteria for HoF induction?
Induction comes down to a multitude of things, but can be divided into 3 categories.
  • Accomplishments. Things like Player of the Year, an ungodly number of wins, knock-outs, and other in-game accomplishments. It also includes excellent attendance,
  • Contributions to the game. This includes (but is not limited to) recruiting new, good, sustainable members, bringing side dishes, dealing (or even just shuffling) for the table once you've been knocked out, assisting with clean-up at the end of the night, and even just hanging out after you've been eliminated - after all, we're about friendship and fellowship, and it's fun to have an audience when the game gets heads-up.
  • Lifetime Player of the Year points. This again rewards stellar play, but since PotY points are awarded for every event attended, longentivity in the group also helps.
We then assign a numeric value to each accomplishment, and feed it into the computer. The computer then spits out a list of 8 names on the "Long List". Mrs Zombie and I then whittle the Long List down to just 3 names - the "Short List"

The 8 players with the highest attendance figures (The Hall of Fame Committee) are given the short list complete with all the names and their accomplishments as a ballot. Depending on a number of factors, the Committee member gets a share of 50 votes. This was the ballot (last names redacted) from 2020 (which was voted on in 2019 - it takes time to get the labels made)...
Untitled.png

I'm not going to lie - being friendly/likable gets votes. So that's also a consideration.

We have a big Hall of Fame presentation when the member gets inducted. Complete with speeches, dinner, and a game where everyone gets an extra chip (depending on which denom the inductee wanted to be on) in their starting stack.

Mike (the last nominee on the list) moved to Buffalo a number of years ago. He Facetimed in for the presentation.
1613591501579.png

Induction comes down to a multitude of things, but can be divided into 3 categories.
  • Accomplishments. Things like Player of the Year, an ungodly number of wins, knock-outs, and other in-game accomplishments. It also includes excellent attendance,
  • Contributions to the game. This includes (but is not limited to) recruiting new, good, sustainable members, bringing side dishes, dealing (or even just shuffling) for the table once you've been knocked out, assisting with clean-up at the end of the night, and even just hanging out after you've been eliminated - after all, we're about friendship and fellowship, and it's fun to have an audience when the game gets heads-up.
  • Lifetime Player of the Year points. This again rewards stellar play, but since PotY points are awarded for every event attended, longentivity in the group also helps.
We then assign a numeric value to each accomplishment, and feed it into the computer. The computer then spits out a list of 8 names on the "Long List". Mrs Zombie and I then whittle the Long List down to just 3 names - the "Short List"

The 8 players with the highest attendance figures (The Hall of Fame Committee) are given the short list complete with all the names and their accomplishments as a ballot. Depending on a number of factors, the Committee member gets a share of 50 votes. This was the ballot (last names redacted) from 2020 (which was voted on in 2019 - it takes time to get the labels made)...
View attachment 638261

I'm not going to lie - being friendly/likable gets votes. So that's also a consideration.

We have a big Hall of Fame presentation when the member gets inducted. Complete with speeches, dinner, and a game where everyone gets an extra chip (depending on which denom the inductee wanted to be on) in their starting stack.

Mike (the last nominee on the list) moved to Buffalo a number of years ago. He Facetimed in for the presentation.
View attachment 638267

This is just awesome! Dedicated players forever enshrined so future players have something to aspire to.

I’m in awe at the records/notes you keep.

View attachment 638261

View attachment 638267
Wow, congratulations on having assembled (and maintained) a great group. With my tourney group, I'm just hopeful that, someday, they'll stop making change from the pot and not be in the bathroom when it's time for their deal. :rolleyes:

Wow, congratulations on having assembled (and maintained) a great group. With my tourney group, I'm just hopeful that, someday, they'll stop making change from the pot and not be in the bathroom when it's time for their deal. :rolleyes:
You need an angry persistent redhead.

1A0E534E-4D6F-4A33-B2A9-5BF630AC213F.jpeg

Chips from long ago. Each reg was given a chip. They were part of the set and each had a handful made. Later, they became bounty chips. This way we could keep track of who eliminated who. Of course, some were more desirable than others. The best part was the stealing of pictures from their Facebook accounts. Some were not so pleased. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Sadly, one of the chips was surrendered to the widow of a long-time friend and co-worker who passed suddenly on the job. I *think* the rest were added to the set but I can’t remember who bought them.

Last edited:
View attachment 638402
Chips from long ago. Each reg was given a chip. They were part of the set and each had a handful made. Later, they became bounty chips. This way we could keep track of who eliminated who. Of course, some were more desirable than others. The best part was the stealing of pictures from their Facebook accounts. Some were not so pleased. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Sadly, one of the chips was surrendered to the widow of a long-time friend and co-worker who passed suddenly on the job. I *think* the rest were added to the set but I can’t remember who bought them.

The photos!!! Stealthily acquired too. Nice touch!

I made a 44MM CPC Champion Chip, aka Champ Chip, for our poker club. Every year I will have a new Champion Chip design, below is the 2021 design. I award one of these chips to whoever wins one of our online or in-person tournaments.

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

I also created 47MM member card protectors from @BR Pro Poker. Everyone who is in our club gets one of these each year. Below are images of our 2020 'Founding Member' and our 2021 member card protectors.

1611947387009.png

1611947392597.png

I made a 44MM CPC Champion Chip, aka Champ Chip, for our poker club. Every year I will have a new Champion Chip design, below is the 2021 design. I award one of these chips to whoever wins one of our online or in-person tournaments.

View attachment 643112

View attachment 643113
View attachment 643116

I also created 47MM member card protectors from @BR Pro Poker. Everyone who is in our club gets one of these each year. Below are images of our 2020 'Founding Member' and our 2021 member card protectors.

1611947387009.png

1611947392597.png

The annual card protectors is an awesome idea!

Are you designing them yourself? Or, using one of the masterminds here on PCF?
The 2021 and 2022 Champ Chip inlays were done by @p5woody, who also designed my CPC set. I paid a graphic designer (not on the forums) to design the card protectors.

@BearMetal helped with a lot of feedback for all the designs as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom