Your favorite TV theme songs (1 Viewer)

Speaking of Saturday morning cartoon theme songs…

I remember thinking this show was so funny. I was 14/15 at the time. My older brother and I would watch it together and laugh. I don’t remember much about the show itself (except one episode that was a spoof of The Wizard of Oz), but that theme song came right back to me as soon as it started.

I couldn't work out how to just add the video only a link. And I don't really know what this emoji means either.

@FlushBlack 's bringing up Hogan's reminded me of this:

OK, maybe not necessarily a favorite, but hours of watching Nick at Night in the late 1980s and very early 1990s meant I saw a lot of this. For some reason it's been an earworm in the last few months that I can't seem to shake, and I don't know why as looking up this video was the first time I heard it in ages!

And speaking of Nickelodeon. Still a pure and nearly perfect show that I made a point to show my nephews when they were roughly the ages of the Petes. Polaris, the band responsible for this is most of Miracle Legion.

Don't worry y'all, I got the final contribution that somehow has gone unmentioned. Here you go, best theme song, thread over:
(okay but jokes aside, I love this show, my all-time fav, warts and all)

Okay real contribution though, to pick something that hasn't been shared yet. One of my favorite cartoons as a kid, and this theme is a banger.
Also, watching it just now, it gives me big Birds of War vibes in how it has to describe what the characters are, which makes it even better. And you know what, speaking of:

Maybe stretching the premise a bit considering it's a combo of using the episode title as a punchline to the cold open, but even without that added layer the song and sequence showcasing Philly is iconic.

Shoutout to others that I'd have mentioned if they weren't already shared: The X-Files, Ren & Stimpy, Batman: TAS, Dexter. All great intros & songs!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom