WTHC EXPERTS! (1 Viewer)

biggantt

Two Pair
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Would anyone here be so kind to give an explanation to the following. The following include several photos of chips from my collection labeled as (1) and recently purchased chips from a vendor on the forum as (2).

Both stacks below comprise of 18 chips, notice the significant height difference in stacks. Additionally the font on (1) appears significantly thinner than (2)

Please let me know if anyone has any questions. Thanks!

Attachments

• 121D9C51-4D8A-4E37-9AC6-16A4ABA492BE.jpeg
    121D9C51-4D8A-4E37-9AC6-16A4ABA492BE.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 256
  • 889E6F74-FC13-4CBE-8FDF-4DEA9CB45A12.jpeg
    889E6F74-FC13-4CBE-8FDF-4DEA9CB45A12.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 291
  • 3776FD37-7B44-4B61-8F3D-37D3BA13A688.jpeg
    3776FD37-7B44-4B61-8F3D-37D3BA13A688.jpeg
    141.6 KB · Views: 303
  • 35D51D38-4E48-447A-9224-1109D342F551.jpeg
    35D51D38-4E48-447A-9224-1109D342F551.jpeg
    132 KB · Views: 290
  • DCAE7666-655B-4864-B95B-3209071DC586.jpeg
    DCAE7666-655B-4864-B95B-3209071DC586.jpeg
    156.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 737482E5-B55E-4CF6-8639-BF784830550E.jpeg
    737482E5-B55E-4CF6-8639-BF784830550E.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 276
Some warping is common with WTHC chips. Have had to flatten even mint unplayed barrels.
I’ve had 1000’s of wthc chips. Literally 10’s of thousands. Warping is not a common thing with them. I looked at the 3000 here right now and not 1 warped chip.

Yes I am the vendor he speaks of.

I’ve had 1000’s of wthc chips. Literally 10’s of thousands. Warping is not a common thing with them. I looked at the 3000 here right now and not 1 warped chip.

Yes I am the vendor he speaks of.
Guess I was unlucky then because that has not been my experience and others have noticed it too:

B7C2C085-4A8E-4780-AFAE-D87D632E69F4.jpeg

Nothing a little flattening won’t fix. It’s hotter down here in the south so maybe that has something to do with it. :)

Would anyone here be so kind to give an explanation to the following. The following include several photos of chips from my collection labeled as (1) and recently purchased chips from a vendor on the forum as (2).

Both stacks below comprise of 18 chips, notice the significant height difference in stacks. Additionally the font on (1) appears significantly thinner than (2)

Would like to see 2 barrels of 20 in a rack. One bought from me and one you had previously.

Consider yourself either lucky or dishonest.

If you can find even 5% of suits mold owners who never had any warped chips, I'd consider it a miracle. Known issues since it's introduction, significantly on hot-stamped chips but certainly not restricted to just those -- lots of reports of warped inlaid WTHC and Pharaoh's Club chips, too.

If you can find even 5% of suits mold owners who never had any warped chips, I'd consider it a miracle. Known issues since it's introduction, significantly on hot-stamped chips but certainly not restricted to just those -- lots of reports of warped inlaid WTHC and Pharaoh's Club chips, too.
Certainly hoping your not suggesting I am dishonest..... So it must be lucky then...
Are you seriously saying that 95% of the owners of these chips have warped chips???? No Way!

I wanted to clarify my earlier comment, when I say some of the ones I have had some warpage, it was not extreme or excessive warping, there was just more movement when tapping the tops of stacked barrels than I cared for and you could see light through some, but not all of them.

Anyhow, that has just been my experience and I was able to flatten them to my OCD satisfaction without any real trouble :)

Certainly hoping your not suggesting I am dishonest..... So it must be lucky then...
Are you seriously saying that 95% of the owners of these chips have warped chips???? No Way!
Pfft. :rolleyes: Pretty sure it's neither.

I own (have owned) ~2000-ish of the WTHCs in all denominations, including the white hot stamp fracs. Not a single one was warped.

Anyone have any flattening setups they are willing to lend out? My PCRs are pretty flat, but now I’m thinking they could use a good smooshing…

Paulson didn't sell direct. Do you recall the reseller from whom you purchased?
Yea I remember that far back. Lemme just get out the receipt because it matters right? Maybe I bought from the 1 reseller in the 5% straight chip club. Not sure what yet again your issue is with me Dave but you’re certainly a PITA. SUGGEST ONE MORE TIME THAT IM DISHONEST BUDDY.

Last edited:

Curious why 18. Maybe that’s all you originally owned?

Would you be willing to photograph the rest of the batch you purchased next to 1 & 2, as well? Maybe four stacks of 16?

Not sure what yet again your issue is with me Dave
My only issue is with making blanket statements like the one below that are factually inaccurate.
...wthc chips....Warping is not a common thing with them.
If you want to add an "in my experience" disclaimer, fine. But otherwise you are totally discounting the experience of many others -- essentially calling them liars -- who have experienced warping issues with those chips.

FWIW (not much) this is one of the best looking but worst feeling Paulson fantasy sets out there. Still I wish they were still available. With all the Tiger madness, and not offense to anyone, I just wish Pauslon would release a couple of fantasy sets again for a reasonable price or at least allow a vendor like @Apache to do so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom