WTHC EXPERTS! (1 Viewer)

My only issue is with making blanket statements like the one below that are factually inaccurate.
If you want to add an "in my experience" disclaimer, fine. But otherwise you are totally discounting the experience of many others -- essentially calling them liars -- who have experienced warping issues with those chips.
You’d think with your factual statement regarding 95% of owners experiencing this warping issue more would speak up here in this thread.

You’d think with your factual statement regarding 95% of owners experiencing this warping issue more would speak up here in this thread.
Not to nit-pick, but it wasn't a factual statement on my part -- I merely stated that I'd be surprised (i.e., a miracle) if the number of suits mold owners with no warped chips was as high as 5%.

Right now, it stands at about 50-50 itt, with a very low turnout. Search the site (and CT wayback archives), and you'll find a much higher percentage historically.... which is what I based my guestimate number on.

I feel very lucky that I don’t have any warping in my WTHC set. I can go back and take a closer look but I would have spotted it by now when taking photos of them.

Definitely have seen warping on pip/suit mold. Not to the extent of the OP but wobbly barrels for sure.

@Ben8257 book warning. Since the OP as suggested in a DM has taken this "To the community", Let me address it "To the community".

I guess I should say that I was under the assumption that we were talking about the state of the chips in the OP. Inlayed WTHC 5000's. I get wobbly Hot Stamps and some minor jiggle or slight "warp" in chips, this is not just a PIP molds issue and here I might agree with an issue with a high % of all chips Paulson especially Hot Stamps.

So the chips in the OP look to be more than a production flaw, they look straight up warped. A full chip higher than the compared stack which would suggest extreme warping. I sold the OP the chips as pictured in my sale ad below and the chips suggested to be those, do not look they match the chips in my pic, could be the way they are stacked for the photo or some other attribute.

I have naturally agreed to accept a return on the chips sold for the sole reason that as pictured there is 2 barrels of chips and 10 on top, the OP suggests he received 49 chips instead of 50 to which I was surprised to hear and agreed to give credit back for the "Missing Chip", I then inspected my sale ad picture closely to count and look at condition and was surprised to see the 2 barrels at 19 not 20 definitely an oversight on my part. They went from the extras box, to my table for photo and straight to a shipping box to be sold, I have listed a lot of chips for sale in my purge all things excluded from the collection and simply divided the chips in half and stacked the 10 uncleaned chips on top. (Pic #1)

All this said, what I believed to be 50 chips and the only extra WTHC's beyond full racks in my house and were put up for sale.

The OP reached out offering $180.00/ $3.60 per chip which I accepted because, as always I like to be more than fair with new members starting projects, and the fact which was disclosed that the 10 chips on top in the pic "needed a bath". Ultimately the OP later stated that he had received only 49 chips which surprised me and a search did not find a loose chip anywhere here, but I agreed to give a 1 chip refund or full return for the mistake as I wasnt breaking the only full rack of 5000's I had remaining.

Later I was very surprised to hear more had gone wrong with this sale and was forwarded pictures of a stack of 18 chips (Not sure why 18) next to a stack of 18 chips a full chip taller than the other and a claim that there was also a weight discrepancy in the 2 "barrels"...... The OP's chips coming in at 10.5g and the sold chips at 9.0g and more attached pics of the chips.

As you all know I will ALWAYS make a deal right. I've had only a couple, maybe, I only remember 1, in all my time here accepting a return based on condition differences. In my years of collecting I've handled 10's of thousands, maybe 100's of chips, I mean there is almost 75,000 in my personal collection and unless I disclosed it I would NEVER sell chips in a warped condition as seemingly pictured by the OP. and certainly would have noticed the defect that severe.

This has landed in the position of accepting a full return of 48 or 49 chips from the OP and once their condition is inspected will give a full refund. I assume maybe I am misinterpreting the pictures of said warped chips and it's not as bad as it appears.

Only to clear the air:

Again, I post here publicly as my reputation as a seller, vendor and in general as a subscriber is important to me and those I do business with. I also am not good with any suggestion or innuendo that I am "Dishonest", even through vague or suggestive comments in public or in private because I am NOT, and that will always draw a response.
I will revisit this with images once the returned chips arrive. to close out the public discussion.

Pic 1: Sale Ad.
image-jpg.1048402
90573fc0-1b1b-4883-b375-cb4fa8c1e5af-jpeg.1052864

Pic 2:
Warping Complaint.
afbbf03e-c75d-40ea-8809-90069e03cee1-jpeg.1052865

Disclosure's Via DM to OP. Only my messages as i wont post others.
1673020250769.png

1673020299349.png

In My Opinion - which is one person but because “of the low turnout” it evidently could be stretched to say 95.6% of the people that have an opinion share this same one.

Total horseshit for anyone to imply or directly state that @RivieraDanny is anything short of completely honest. If you believe that then you are cutting yourself off from one of the most generous, honest, respectable and honorable people on this site. No skin off our back if you do, it’s your problem and you will be the one to suffer from it, not him or the people that do business with him. I’ve traveled the world and interacted with people from all sorts of cultures and backgrounds and I have not met anyone that is as honest and dependable as @RivieraDanny. Mistakes can happen, he’s not perfect, but to imply he is dishonest or calling people liars because of YOUR applied semantics is one of the most disingenuous and slimy things anyone could try to perpetuate on unsuspecting and uninformed new members. They are being cheated for some malicious reason under the guise of “helping them”. Pretty common thing for backhander’s to do, even to the point of sending “helpful newsletters” to new members and giving them prebuilt block lists to “help them enjoy the site better”.

Reputations and integrity can be slurred here with no impunity and it’s perfectly acceptable. So IMHO we should all take advantage of this perk.

As an aside, yes boys and girls, dementia is a real thing and it’s cruel. I have great pity for anyone that is suffering from it and I wish nothing but the best for their family’s.

I’ll save some posts as well and tell anyone who wants to derail this into something about me - fuck off.
I’m not interested in your opinion of me and really nobody else is either.

But anybody who slights @RivieraDanny deserves their loss.

In My Opinion - which is one person but because “of the low turnout” it evidently could be stretched to say 95.6% of the people that have an opinion share this same one.

Total horseshit for anyone to imply or directly state that @RivieraDanny is anything short of completely honest. If you believe that then you are cutting yourself off from one of the most generous, honest, respectable and honorable people on this site. No skin off our back if you do, it’s your problem and you will be the one to suffer from it, not him or the people that do business with him. I’ve traveled the world and interacted with people from all sorts of cultures and backgrounds and I have not met anyone that is as honest and dependable as @RivieraDanny. Mistakes can happen, he’s not perfect, but to imply he is dishonest or calling people liars because of YOUR applied semantics is one of the most disingenuous and slimy things anyone could try to perpetuate on unsuspecting and uninformed new members. They are being cheated for some malicious reason under the guise of “helping them”. Pretty common thing for backhander’s to do, even to the point of sending “helpful newsletters” to new members and giving them prebuilt block lists to “help them enjoy the site better”.

Reputations and integrity can be slurred here with no impunity and it’s perfectly acceptable. So IMHO we should all take advantage of this perk.

As an aside, yes boys and girls, dementia is a real thing and it’s cruel. I have great pity for anyone that is suffering from it and I wish nothing but the best for their family’s.

I’ll save some posts as well and tell anyone who wants to derail this into something about me - fuck off.
I’m not interested in your opinion of me and really nobody else is either.

But anybody who slights @RivieraDanny deserves their loss.

sending “helpful newsletters” to new members and giving them prebuilt block lists to “help them enjoy the site better”.
No way!!! Who’s doing that? That’s just daft. I mean FFS.

I’ll dig out my WTHC set and check for warped chips. I’ve got NoCD instead of OCD so it’s not the sort of thing I’d ever notice :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Just checked my WTHC set and pretty much every barrel has some warping. The grey 5k chips are by far the worst closely followed by the black hundos. The yellow 1ks are the least warped. I’ve had these for years and never noticed until reading this thread so it doesn’t bother me in the slightest…

No way!!! Who’s doing that? That’s just daft. I mean FFS.
Yeah, I've heard this too, but never seen one. Dunno who's sending or who's received any, either. May be true, or just an urban legend.

Yeah, I've heard this too, but never seen one. Dunno who's sending or who's received any, either. May be true, or just an urban legend.
That’s crazy that someone has such a high opinion of themselves that they’re the self-appointed police on here. Says more about them than the people they’re trying to get blocked. Whoever’s sending these lists out should be blocked by everyone else :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

That’s crazy that someone has such a high opinion of themselves that they’re the self-appointed police on here. Says more about them than the people they’re trying to get blocked. Whoever’s sending these lists out should be blocked by everyone else :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Time for the ban-hammer!

The pic in your sale ad has 48 chips. Two stacks of nineteen with ten on top. It's possible you didn't count them out, just saw them in the racks where some light warping made them fit like almost full barrels.
When the OP said he got only 49 chips I offered credit for the "missing" chip or full return. but I looked back at my sale ad to assess the condition and count of the chips before shipping and did indeed count the same 19,19,10, definitely a miscount and oversight on my part. Those chips went from the table for pictures to the packaging so I wondered where the 49th chip came from indeed and as you see the OP had 5k's in his possession as shown in his comparison of his non-warped to the warped chips I supposedly sent.

While I've not seen this warping y'all speak of I will not dispute that a lot of Paulson chips have some degree of warping. I've had and sold many WTHC's and haven't noticed the warping as severe as that claimed in this case. I definitely can say with certainty that if the chips I shipped were warped as severely as the ones I received as a return I would have definitely noticed and addressed it before the sale.

I'm not here to defend or put down Paulson. I'm here to state that it is my belief regarding only these specific chips, which were wrapped tightly in a bubble envelope, sealed tightly, then again put into another bubble envelope, how I ship everyone chips below rack quan. that either something happened to them in transit, which since it's not summer I doubt, the other conclusion was that the chips shown in this OP and returned to me are different chips from those shipped. I hope this isn't the case but clearly they do not match the chips represented as the chips sold. As I hope most of you know, I would NEVER do that.

I refunded the buyer his full purchase price which was below average to help a new user out as I know these chips were a bit hard to come by until Tiger fever struck. I refused to refund the return shipping due to the condition they were in and the return packing conditions referred to in my OP in the mail thread, dumped into a large UPS bubble envelope loosely.

Hopefully we've all learned something here. Pictures before during and after shipping including shipping methods. I also post again to defend what I hope is a good reputation as a seller here on PCF.

D

Definitely: found someone new I’d never buy from or sell to (not you, Danny).

OP, is this how you generally send chips or was it some kind of spite pack job?

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...-showcase-thread.34406/page-1025#post-2066254
Totally agree with this. I’ve had conversations with both, and have had several dealings with @RivieraDanny . Knowing Danny, I am HIGHLY suspect of what went down, and I feel he should be more than applauded for doing what he did. I know I wouldn’t have handled it as politely as he did.

Totally agree with this. I’ve had conversations with both, and have had several dealings with @RivieraDanny . Knowing Danny, I am HIGHLY suspect of what went down, and I feel he should be more than applauded for doing what he did. I know I wouldn’t have handled it as politely as he did.
Same here

It appears as if my OP did more harm than good. I was waiting for the insinuations from Dan and community before posting video from opening the package as I received it. I am not sure of the damage Danny’s post has caused my reputation here. But as someone who was doing me a “favor” as a new chipper, it appears as if that does not align. I will uploading the screenshots of our pm as well. Thank you. Link coming soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom