WSOP China Clays (3 Viewers)

I'll just leave this here.

full
I'm in for 1000, but you gotta use this 500k instead :D
image.jpeg

That set already has a T5 chip. Looks a lot like this, only 818-spotted with color-matched inlay and white denomination:

gallery_1551_96_55633.jpg

This set is looking better and better wit each post/picture

There are also these 50mm 8V high-denom beauties:

lifestyle-4.jpg

Added a cash 20 using the 1M chip colors...

View attachment 108599

This is a stunning set... one question: with the exception of 5/5000 and 20/1000, all other chips have unique colors. Do we want to stick with colors matching WSOP chips or can we use two other colors to make each chip very unique?

This is a stunning set... one question: with the exception of 5/5000 and 20/1000, all other chips have unique colors. Do we want to stick with colors matching WSOP chips or can we use two other colors to make each chip very unique?

I think there'd be one vote for orange. :)

My vote is that the 5/5000 and 20/1000 combos won't ever see the felt together so I'd stick with the WSOP colors as much as possible.

??

T5 is royal red, T5000 is hot pink (I think, might be radiant red). T1000 is arc yellow (orange), and propsed T20 is yellow (canary, I'd guess). Neither pair is remotely close in color irl. I will check the actual colors when I get home, but those are all very unique and very different color hues.

That quarter chip mockup is a turd imo. Y'all need a Paulson color sample set.

I think there'd be one vote for orange. :)

My vote is that the 5/5000 and 20/1000 combos won't ever see the felt together so I'd stick with the WSOP colors as much as possible.

Cool with me. (y) :thumbsup:

I'm a fan of keeping things as close to original as possible..I'd also love to see the secondaries/alternates made too!

Question, what gives us the chance to get as close to the correct colors? China Clays or Sun Fly hybrids?

Last edited:
??

T5 is royal red, T5000 is hot pink (I think, might be radiant red). T1000 is arc yellow (orange), and propsed T20 is yellow (canary, I'd guess). Neither pair is remotely close in color irl. I will check the actual colors when I get home, but those are all very unique and very different color hues.

That quarter chip mockup is a turd imo. Y'all need a Paulson color sample set.

Gotcha. I guess in real life they do look very different (y) :thumbsup:

I'm a fan of keeping things as close to original as possible..I'd also love to see the secondaries made too!

pic/link? and let's not forget oversized chips :)

That quarter chip mockup is a turd imo
Eloquently stated...

I was trying to come close to that 25,000 quarter pie. This is perhaps less turdy (I assume you were referring to the nickel not the quarter).

upload_2017-7-14_7-20-33.png

I was trying to come close to that 25,000 quarter pie
I suspect it is the Paulson chip he was referring to, not the mock-up of it. And if so, I'd agree with him. I hate the WSOP quarter-pies; I hate that 25k the most. If I'm going to buy any of these they're going to be all 818.

I'm a fan of keeping things as close to original as possible..I'd also love to see the secondaries/alternates made too!

Question, what gives us the chance to get as close to the correct colors? China Clays or Sun Fly hybrids?

Unless someone has a contact in China or Apache/Palm jumps at this (can't imagine that happening) the most likely (only) option for getting these done would be ceramic hybrids.

Regardless of colors selected, a new inlay design will be required. No way the wsop design (or anything close to it) will get produced.

So I guess the question is are people interested because they want replica WSOP chips or are they interested because they want another mid-priced chip option other than china clays and the stock ceramics.

If it's the former, then there are clearly issues with proceeding. If it's the later, then we could use these colors/spots as a starting point for a new design.

Regardless of colors selected, a new inlay design will be required. No way the wsop design (or anything close to it) will get produced.
This is a curious statement. I'd call the CPS label "close" to the original design, and those were produced.

Perhaps different companies have different standards as to what is considered 'to close' to a previous design to produce.

Eloquently stated...

I was trying to come close to that 25,000 quarter pie. This is perhaps less turdy (I assume you were referring to the nickel not the quarter).

View attachment 108603

Please change the 25c chip to reflect an orange chip!!! The same as the Majestic 50c. Im curious to see what it looks like against the rest of the chips. Thanks,.

majestic-poker-chip50.jpg

Orange quarters typically don't mesh well with red $5 chips, and are almost always simultaneously in play.

Gray, blue (assuming a white $1), and yellow all work very well. Pink too, but please dump those gawd-awful double green spot colors. :eek:

Orange quarters typically don't mesh well with red $5 chips, and are almost always simultaneously in play.

True. Let's try the 5c chip!

My plan is to build a custom denom cash set:

100 X 5c
200 X 25c
200 X $1
40 X $5 plaques or 100 X $5 chips

I think this will work really well for our current cash game.

Looking for blue, green, orange, and yellow chips (and maybe red). Of all the samples Ive tried, those color combos seem to go well together off offer up some chip pron on the table.

I'd like to buy the labels are part of the CC GB and then just switch them around to have customer colored denoms.

A man can dream......

This is a curious statement. I'd call the CPS label "close" to the original design, and those were produced.

That was then.

I think recent events have changed how people on this board approach "tribute" chip sets and their design.

Just sayin'... Tribute sets with artwork closely matching live racks have just gone the way of the Dodo.

FWIW, I'd love to see a white $1 similar to the t100k. Those two chips would never be in play at the same time... so why not get some hot sexy at the lower end of the denoms for some cash play??

I just think the China Clay blue based chips are always a bit of a let down - CPS $1, CPS t500, etc.

True. Let's try the 5c chip!

My plan is to build a custom denom cash set:

100 X 5c
200 X 25c
200 X $1
40 X $5 plaques or 100 X $5 chips

I think this will work really well for our current cash game.

Looking for blue, green, orange, and yellow chips (and maybe red). Of all the samples Ive tried, those color combos seem to go well together off offer up some chip pron on the table.

I'd like to buy the labels are part of the CC GB and then just switch them around to have customer colored denoms.

A man can dream......

Everything you say is possible with blank Majestics and Gear labels at 70c per chip right now. I wouldn't think that'll be too far off pricing for ceramic hybrids.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom