WSOP China Clays (12 Viewers)

Maybe if the Bwalk GB is truly dead we could gain some momentum on this? I'd be down for 1,200-1,500 chips myself.

Ah. Don't have Majestic samples, just haven't seen any major examples or complaints like this and assumed the edge spots would be the closest/easiest to match.

No objections to another CC mold at all.

Honestly, I would not buy any if they were struck on the Majestic mold. Their oblong shape would make it a nonstarter for me.

I'd prefer a new mold with some better QC.

Majestic oblong/asymmetry issues depicted below...
View attachment 108226

Wow, I hadn't seen that before (wasn't following the Majestics at all), now the thickness issues on the original CPS runs don't seem so bad....! :(

Honestly, I would not buy any if they were struck on the Majestic mold. Their oblong shape would make it a nonstarter for me.

I'd prefer a new mold with some better QC.

Majestic oblong/asymmetry issues depicted below...
View attachment 108226

I have bought at least 1500 Majestics recently and haven't seen any issues like this. Both the thickness and circularity are consistent and I haven't noticed any size differences. If I recall, this photo was more toward the infancy of the Majestic chip line.

AFAIK, there has only been one purchase/production run from china. Consider yourself lucky.

AFAIK, there has only been one purchase/production run from china. Consider yourself lucky.

I'm definitely not in the know about this...but when I bought my first batch of Majestics, there were numerous denominations that weren't available. While I was waiting for the others to get back in stock, several other denominations and blanks went out of stock too. I purchased my next couple of orders after the chips were back in stock.

I guess my point is that I don't see one production run spanning 2+ years and the inventory just sitting in China waiting for a request for shipment. I guess it's possible, but I've never seen manufacturing work that way. I ordered what I thought was from possibly two different recent lots....and all of the chips are seemingly identical in shape/size/roundness.

I just wonder when this shipment of out of round chips was received becuase mine are all consistent.

IMG_3589.JPG
IMG_3683.JPG

I think there was definitely a reorder at some point.

Can you please post photos of a few racks? I'm truly curious to see if this problem was resolved in later orders.

Yeah I know Apache has out of stock issues at different times and was waiting for inventory. Not sure how this could have been one massive run?????? If it is the case, HTF does that work? Thats a large investment into inventory that just sits idle for years. More info?

Thanks for the pics... could you do closeups of the rolling edges in racks?

It would help determine if the uneven edge issue has been fixed.
Hope this helps.

The last rack of fives that I bought might have a slight bit of choppiness in them. Not anything that I really noticed until I read this thread Yeah the colors are perfectly flat in the barrel.

IMG_3943.JPG IMG_3944.JPG IMG_3945.JPG IMG_3946.JPG IMG_3948.JPG

I can't recall. Did you have any label difference issues with your Majestics. Did that ever get resolved?

Do Chinese manufacturers accept returns?

Apache does offer returns.
All of my chips that I ordered new all had the newer non fade labels. This is even more evidence that there were new batches of chips made, not just one.

FYI: I have original Majestics and they were not oblong just 2 different diameters on the blue and black chips specifically. Since I only needed 1 rack of each I just purchased 40 extra of each denom and weeded out the bigger ones and was left with perfectly acceptable racks. I have pictures somewhere of before and after but don't really feel like finding them so you will just have to believe me (or not). I'm not saying that having to buy extra chips is an acceptable practice.I am just saying it is what I chose to do given the cheap cost of the chips and the end result that I wanted.

Oh man I never even noticed that the newer majestics don't have the label with the fade in them. I was just planning on adding on so I'm hoping the difference in labels doesn't bother me. As long as the shape is all uniform now I think I'll be good. Just went through and weeded out the oblong ones from my racks. Quarters were the only issue. $1s and $5s were perfectly fine.

Did Josh ever officially address the label issue?

No, he never responded in a thread.
For those that don't know, the fade versus non-fade is covered in another Majestics thread. All of the new ships are non-fade.

For better or worse it's part of the deal with China Clays... sizes can vary (as we all well know), colors can vary from batch to batch, and yes, even labels can vary between orders. This is the nature of dealing with overseas manufacturers.

Is there anyone here that has both of them? And if you do is it something you really ever notice?

For better or worse it's part of the deal with China Clays... sizes can vary (as we all well know), colors can vary from batch to batch, and yes, even labels can vary between orders. This is the nature of dealing with overseas manufacturers.

Do Chinese manufacturers accept returns? Either that, or I wonder how much the cost would increase to tighten up tolerances / QA.

Even if they throw out 1 out of every two chips, the price would only go from 1c a piece to 2c a piece!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I did notice when relabeling the blue chips was that some of the chips didn't have the correct recess size. It was almost like certain cavities in the mold were worn and more of a chamfer in the corner than a sharp right angle edge for the label to sit. This caused the label to not sit properly. I had over ordered the blue chips anyway so I just use the better ones for my usable set.

But yes China is well known for not having a lot of quality control especially with their cheap products.

Do Chinese manufacturers accept returns? Either that, or I wonder how much the cost would increase to tighten up tolerances / QA.

Even if they throw out 1 out of every two chips, the price would only go from 1c a piece to 2c a piece!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly? But you have to look at the practical considerations...
  • the cost for Josh to ship back all of those chips
  • the added time of returning that pallet of chips to China (4-6 weeks)
  • the added time to manufacture replacement chips (4-6 weeks)
  • the added time to ship the replacement chips from China to the US (4-6 weeks)
From a business standpoint, returning an order of this magnitude is difficult to even consider unless there are catastrophic manufacturing defects.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom