WORDLE (2 Viewers)

When I'm in a mood to be "strategic", I'll start with ITCHY LUNAR DOPES, which hits the top 15 letters by frequency within the actual wordlist used by the puzzle. Pretty easy to get it in four or five after that. Still fun, though.

When I'm in a mood to be playful or challenged, I'll start with any word that grabs my attention at random, and then try to find further words which make for powerful and efficient clues (using yellow letters moved to different locations, not using green letters, and using high-frequency unguessed letters) while avoiding words that I tend to use too often (like ROUTE or POINT or HINKY). This is particularly fun and rewarding, and even moreso under time pressure.

Sometimes I start with ITCHY or CRANE and go from there. Today I started with MOIST just cause.

My partner made me do the Spanish version of wordle today (she is Spanish) My Spanish is dreadful but I got it in four by making words up and trying combinations as I got the letters in play. Only word I entered that I knew was the first one. She was not happy.

When I'm in a mood to be "strategic", I'll start with ITCHY LUNAR DOPES, which hits the top 15 letters by frequency within the actual wordlist used by the puzzle. Pretty easy to get it in four or five after that. Still fun, though.
A more extreme version version that I just came across is HANDY GLOVE SWIFT CRUMP - which leaves only BJKXQZ. Super easy to get the word on guess 5, or sometimes 6.

A more extreme version version that I just came across is HANDY GLOVE SWIFT CRUMP - which leaves only BJKXQZ. Super easy to get the word on guess 5, or sometimes 6.
I've been starting with THOSE and RAINY and then usually PLUCK if I need more letters. The first two get out most of the vowels including Y and a bunch of the more frequent consonants, and alot of those letters are well positioned to potentially come up green instead of just yellow, like the TH at the beginning, the Y at the end, and the central vowels. Then PLUCK gets out the last vowel and 4 more new consonants.

I start with POKER almost exclusively just for fun not strategy. I average 4 guesses. Or rather my mode is 4, it being my most frequent number of guesses. Rarely do I take 5 or 6 guesses, and sometimes I can get it in 3 or 2. I’ve never gotten it in 1.

Took me 5 today. Tricky tricky….
Same, I thought for sure I had it in 4, but I had the 1st and 3rd letters swapped. Initially was like WTF but then did the ahhhhhhhh face-palm lol.

1646208523581.png

When Worlde was first becoming popular, and I started seeing people post their results, I thought everyone was typing in those colored squares manually with emojis, I didn't know there was a Share feature. So when I started playing it, that's what I did. It took a few weeks for me to realize I was the only one doing it manually, and I was laughed at pretty good when I admitted it :LOL: :laugh:

I still do it manually, but for a bit of fun I put a creative twist on it, something different every day

WORDLE_3.24.2022.JPG

There are two different wordles today.
I got the hard one and was lucky to get it in 6. I saw somebody on Facebook saying they got it in two and I was OUTRAGED, because there is zero chance that somebody could have gotten it in two. Turns out it was a different word.
Strange days.

I have only gotten one instance of guessing it on the first guess...I used STAIR as my first guess last Saturday...shocked me! Inspiration at the S@P.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom