Wooden Table Base Refinishing (1 Viewer)

EventHorizonVII

Two Pair
Reaction score
So these are being sold for $20/piece

My question is, how much of a pain in the ass is it to sand all of that down? I won't be sanding the surface facing up where the table meets the base. For $20, you can't beat that.

I have the space for a permanent table.

qh7bDMZ.jpg

The cross part also has intracicies. What were these for originally?
I know right? Glass table top? Hopefully they’re solid wood. I don’t even see where you wojld attach a top to these...not that you could’t add/alter to make it work. They are cool though.

Aahh, a glass table top makes sense.

Here's a new idea: A glass table top poker table. You could lay a soft clear silicone layer on top to make it a little spongy to pick up cards and still see the base/legs. The rails could be traditional.

Aahh, a glass table top makes sense.

Here's a new idea: A glass table top poker table. You could lay a soft clear silicone layer on top to make it a little spongy to pick up cards and still see the base/legs. The rails could be traditional.

I think an interesting idea would be to use a thick sheet of acrylic on top rather than tempered glass. You could get a thicker piece for the same weight, and it's durable as hell.

Once upon a time I was contemplating placing my game topper on a couple acrylic pedestals, and surround everything with acrylic chairs, so that it might seem that the table and the players were just "floating" in the air. Never got around to that vision, though.

Apologies for the spelling my phone keyboard autocorrect doesn't like the reply box for some reason

Last edited:
I think an interesting idea would be to use a thick sheet of acrylic on top rather than tempered glass. You could get a thicker piece for the same weight, and it's durable as hell.

Once upon a time I was contemplating placing my game topper on a couple acrylic pedestals, and surround everything with acrylic chairs, so that it might seem that the table and the players were just "floating" in the air. Never got around to that vision, though.

Acrylic would be better than glass. You would still need something soft on top to pick up the cards. There should be lots of options, it just needs to be slick and not tacky.

I know right? Glass table top? Hopefully they’re solid wood. I don’t even see where you wojld attach a top to these...not that you could’t add/alter to make it work. They are cool though.

Yep solid wood. May get both. Excuse to have two tables :whistle: :whistling:

how much of a pain in the ass is it to sand all of that down?
The nooks and crannies would be a serious pita to sand. Easier (and certainly faster) to use a gel-based paint remover. Just paint it on, let sit, wipe it off.

Not as good or comprehensive as sanding, but it will prepare the surface for a repaint job much better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom