Windwalker on High Stakes Poker (2 Viewers)

I remember the teaser chip stack pics a few months ago which indicated you destroyed the HSP games for like $1M+. Remember thinking what an incredible result that was against tough competition.

So been curious to finally see some actual hands from HSP and see how you accumulated all those chips (but not curious enough to pay for PokerGo).

Those two hands, out of context, look like pretty low EV plays. Which is why I was asking if they were representative of your play the whole weekend (getting lucky while behind) or outliers (e.g., recognizing villains were overfolding and exploiting that with constant shoves).
I think Krish might be doing some "advertising."

I remember the teaser chip stack pics a few months ago which indicated you destroyed the HSP games for like $1M+. Remember thinking what an incredible result that was against tough competition.

So been curious to finally see some actual hands from HSP and see how you accumulated all those chips (but not curious enough to pay for PokerGo).

Those two hands, out of context, look like pretty low EV plays. Which is why I was asking if they were representative of your play the whole weekend (getting lucky while behind) or outliers (e.g., recognizing villains were overfolding and exploiting that with constant shoves).

Look, I was/am the fish. I played the part. All episodes I’ve been in so far are my day 1 of play. I have 2 more days left. I tried to set a specific image, with the hope that it would pay off later. As you’ll see later, it kinda does.

They’re also condensing 10 hours of play into three 45 minutes episodes.

That said, I do get lucky a few times.

Look, I was/am the fish. I played the part. All episodes I’ve been in so far are my day 1 of play. I have 2 more days left. I tried to set a specific image, with the hope that it would pay off later. As you’ll see later, it kinda does.

They’re also condensing 10 hours of play into three 45 minutes episodes.

That said, I do get lucky a few times.
So the chip count per player must bounce around between hands shown each episode? I haven’t watched any of the episodes yet, but I’m curious how they cover that.

So the chip count per player must bounce around between hands shown each episode? I haven’t watched any of the episodes yet, but I’m curious how they cover that.
Each day is covered by 2-3 episodes. You rebuy each day. They try to make the story linear, but you’ll see different days happen because the lineup changes. They had 6 or 7 days total, I played 3 days of them.

I’m surprised that I’ve never heard of Kim Hultman before. We’re a small enough country that you’d think anyone comfortable playing poker at those stakes would be well known.
Nice guy -- runs a podcast of some sort in Sweden. Funny story. After the second night of play, Durrr and I played heads-up SOHE for 4-5 hours at the Encore, in the back section of the poker room, except for one hour, when Mr. Beast joined us and we switched to NLHE for the time he was playing with us. A decent size crowd gathered to watch us play, and Kim really wanted to join. But MB was so loose, we didn't really want to add another player while he was there, and the rest of the time, we just wanted to play heads up. He was super bummed.

Side note -- Tom had never played SOHE before in his life, but the speed at which he picked up strategy on it was astonishing. I ended up for the night, tho, which was fun.

Nice guy -- runs a podcast of some sort in Sweden. Funny story. After the second night of play, Durrr and I played heads-up SOHE for 4-5 hours at the Encore, in the back section of the poker room, except for one hour, when Mr. Beast joined us and we switched to NLHE for the time he was playing with us. A decent size crowd gathered to watch us play, and Kim really wanted to join. But MB was so loose, we didn't really want to add another player while he was there, and the rest of the time, we just wanted to play heads up. He was super bummed.

Side note -- Tom had never played SOHE before in his life, but the speed at which he picked up strategy on it was astonishing. I ended up for the night, tho, which was fun.

Nice.

LOL @ strategy

Very cool story! Had to google Mr. Beast so maybe it’s not Kim’s fault that I haven’t heard of him. I’m simply getting too old to keep up :)

Did Tom like SOHE?

I'd love to know exactly what thoughts went through Doyle's head when that jack hit :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

wow what an amazing story, please share more of these

Something is off about AJ's commentary this season to me.

For example, a total blank hits the board and AJ's overly excited about it on the call...it's like "deuce of clubs on the turn!!!!!"...which changes nothing for the players in the hand. Also, definitely kind of picky but in S9E8 AJ refers to a pocket pair "hitting trips" on a flop as opposed to calling it "flopping a set" Gabe seems to needle him for it on occasion, almost taking over AJ's job too with a little more straight forward and nuanced play by play, especially in larger multi-way action pots. It's as if AJ's lost some awareness and acumen for the game in the calls. AJ's swatting flies. Not sure if this is part of AJ's and Gabe's schtick...If it is, it's definitely getting a laid on way too thick. I just don't like it this season.

If AJ's underperformance in the booth keeps up, I'm all for solo Gabe or Gabe and Nick Shulman for future HSP episodes.

Something is off about AJ's commentary this season to me.

For example, a total blank hits the board and AJ's overly excited about it on the call...it's like "deuce of clubs on the turn!!!!!"...which changes nothing for the players in the hand. Also, definitely kind of picky but in S9E8 AJ refers to a pocket pair "hitting trips" on a flop as opposed to calling it "flopping a set" Gabe seems to needle him for it on occasion, almost taking over AJ's job too with a little more straight forward and nuanced play by play, especially in larger multi-way action pots. It's as if AJ's lost some awareness and acumen for the game in the calls. AJ's swatting flies. Not sure if this is part of AJ's and Gabe's schtick...If it is, it's definitely getting a laid on way too thick. I just don't like it this season.

If AJ's underperformance in the booth keeps up, I'm all for solo Gabe or Gabe and Nick Shulman for future HSP episodes.
Couldn’t agree more … it gets tedious. Hoping it’s just the latest schtick & they move on in future episodes/seasons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom