Windwalker on High Stakes Poker (3 Viewers)

BEANO52

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like Poker Go "Windwalker" episode/s may be late in the season. Nice job making the thumbnail @Windwalker

Anxiously waiting!

krish hsp.jpg

Decided to go with a pokergo sub today and checked out the first episode. Some thoughts:

-Daniel N really seems to have improved his game compared to previous seasons.
-Who the hell is the nit in the one seat and what has he done to Phil Ivey?
-100k max? Wtf
-felt a little dull overall

Phil doesn't give a flying fuck about NLHE with such "measly" stakes. He's chasing far greater sums in sports betting these days as well as playing in Macau. He shows up to these games just to keep up appearances. Then he leverages the gained publicity to get into other exclusive games in the future.

I'm excited for the Windwalker episode(s) but, having never watched high stakes poker much previously, I didn't really care for the first episode at all. It feels overproduced and meh

Phil doesn't give a flying fuck about NLHE with such "measly" stakes. He's chasing far greater sums in sports betting these days as well as playing in Macau. He shows up to these games just to keep up appearances. Then he leverages the gained publicity to get into other exclusive games in the future.
I’m sure that’s true but wouldn’t it be a more enjoyable experience for him if he played some hands then. Or are you saying he’s trying to build a nit image for the bigger games?

I'm excited for the Windwalker episode(s) but, having never watched high stakes poker much previously, I didn't really care for the first episode at all. It feels overproduced and meh
Check out season 5

Recently rewatched all seasons and this 1st episode of the new season has to be worst of them all. Say what you want about JRB, Hellmuth, Elezra, Polk etc but you need those type of characters to make the show a bit more entertaining.

Hope Garret Adelstein can provide som entertainment.

Decided to go with a pokergo sub today and checked out the first episode. Some thoughts:

-100k max? Wtf
-felt a little dull overall
The poker go subscription is worth it alone for "Rob's homegame". Insane stakes, pots and great characters.
This and I can highly recommend the mixed games events of the wsop. The nlhe final tables are pretty boring in comparison.

Also it's fun to watch old post moneymaker wsop main event footage. That was the stuff that got me hooked back then.

Recently rewatched all seasons and this 1st episode of the new season has to be worst of them all. Say what you want about JRB, Hellmuth, Elezra, Polk etc but you need those type of characters to make the show a bit more entertaining.

Hope Garret Adelstein can provide som entertainment.
That crack from the booth early about being a 114% favorite had me rolling though. Gabe's timing is really great.

AJ: "He's a 54% favorite but they're running it twice. Does that make him a 114% favorite to win the hand?"
Gabe: "Yes! You've learned so much!"

The poker go subscription is worth it alone for "Rob's homegame". Insane stakes, pots and great characters.
This and I can highly recommend the mixed games events of the wsop. The nlhe final tables are pretty boring in comparison.

Also it's fun to watch old post moneymaker wsop main event footage. That was the stuff that got me hooked back then.

Cant seem to find Rob's homegame. Is it still on there?

Gabe and AJ still work pretty good. I would prefer someone like Nick Schulman but whatever. I guess I can take the never correct ”he’s probably going to raise here”-comments

I think DN’s experience in his heads up match with Polk really elevated his game. He got his ass handed to him, but his results after that beatdown speak for themselves.

I am watching the latest poker dark season ”nosebleeds” cashgame right now. A lot more enjoyable than HSPE01 at least

Actually, maybe it isn’t all that new. Just saw a hand I know I saw a clip of quite some time ago

Just watched @Windwalker 's HSP debut (Season 9, episode 4). No spoilers from me. However, didn't notice till AFTER I watched the whole episode...the thumbnail for episode 4 is a picture of Garrett with a big smile on his face, and I believe the foreground is Krish giving him the bird. I laughed a lot.

I can't stand the commentary. Talking about absolutely nothing while hands are in play and talking over the players table talk. Very tilting. Where is Nick Schulman on this one??? :(

On top of that, audio is pretty bad too. Announcers mics are like 2x louder than players.

I can't stand the commentary. Talking about absolutely nothing while hands are in play and talking over the players table talk. Very tilting. Where is Nick Schulman on this one??? :(

On top of that, audio is pretty bad too. Announcers mics are like 2x louder than players.
Watched last night.
It seems that maybe the audio issues you mention are from post production?

Since this show is edited, it appears they are turning down the audio on players chat while highlighting Kaplan and Benza's commentary.
It was annoying to me as well. :confused

It really feels like it’s gotten old with those two in the booth. You can’t spend 5 minutes learning how to pronounce the fucking names of the players? But they’re funny though: ”Chris? Chriss? Krish?” ”Hare Krishna” - just hilarious…And really on point with the poker analysis as usual :rolleyes:

+1 for Nick Schulman

People’s tastes are so different. Not that I’m a big fan of Benza and Kaplan, but Schulman is my least favorite of any of them.
why is he at the bottom for you? I just like hearing his opinions on the play. He is a pro himself and has a lot of knowledge for the game. I don't read any poker books and study at all, so its helpful for me at least.

why is he at the bottom for you? I just like hearing his opinions on the play. He is a pro himself and has a lot of knowledge for the game. I don't read any poker books and study at all, so its helpful for me at least.
I think he’s the best there is. Very knowledgeable and very good at explaining players’ ranges, different options, bet sizes. Everything. And there’re no ”OMG!!!” exclamations from him everytime a cooler flops

I think he’s the best there is. Very knowledgeable and very good at explaining players’ ranges, different options, bet sizes. Everything. And there’re no ”OMG!!!” exclamations from him everytime a cooler flops
and regardless of what he is saying, he has a great calming voice. Reminds me of Malcolm Gladwell.

I saw that hand too, I leaning toward reckless more when u All in into 2 other players at a 3B pot with a very remote backdoor that could be drawing dead to the bottom end of the straight
Commentary was great.... Hard to bit Gabe and AJ

I just can’t stand his voice. He’s the same monotone at all times. Even though he obviously doesn’t have the poker IQ of many, I love Ali Nejad in the booth. I think he is excellent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom