Windwalker on High Stakes Poker (4 Viewers)

I just can’t stand his voice. He’s the same monotone at all times. Even though he obviously doesn’t have the poker IQ of many, I love Ali Nejad in the booth. I think he is excellent.
I like him too, but as a sidekick to Nick

I just can’t stand his voice. He’s the same monotone at all times. Even though he obviously doesn’t have the poker IQ of many, I love Ali Nejad in the booth. I think he is excellent.
+1

Yeah. Ali is great. I think the two of them is the A team. And if it's at all possible to be more monotone than nick, that would be me. Lol.

I remember Ali and nick on a one drop final table show making fun of Dan Smith in some cowboy hat. It was hysterical. Those guys are good together.

Schulman + Ali are the GOAT commentary team. It's their opposites attract type nature that makes them so great. I never get tired of Ali pushing Nick to the edge of sanity.

I get not liking Schulman's voice, but his analysis and complimentary style to Ali's is top notch.

Maria + Ali has grown on me as well.

Side note, did anyone watch the 8 game from the US Poker Open yesterday? That shit was bananas!

and regardless of what he is saying, he has a great calming voice. Reminds me of Malcolm Gladwell.

You mean monotone? He has great insight but he has a voice made for the newspaper.

Very much this... Maybe not GOAT, but they are great together:
Schulman + Ali are the GOAT commentary team. It's their opposites attract type nature that makes them so great. I never get tired of Ali pushing Nick to the edge of sanity.

I get not liking Schulman's voice, but his analysis and complimentary style to Ali's is top notch.

Maria + Ali has grown on me as well.

Side note, did anyone watch the 8 game from the US Poker Open yesterday? That shit was bananas!
Yes, I been watching the final table since #1

Pretty entertaining, so far the best event are #4 happy final table player and lot of laughter

That was one of the best episodes in a long time; really good lineup of players / mix of personalities.

Obligatory “I am poor and my opinion is meaningless”

But… if she lays down that hand, with that flop and pre-flop information, she needs to play lower stakes. Krish (and anyone else) would be washing dishes in the back of Rounders (card house in San Antonio) for a week if this happened there.

You can tell me I am dumb and don’t know poker and how that’s a great fold all you want but there’s just no way. That’s what I call a “buzzsaw.” There are very few worse times to bluff than this hand post-flop. My head is spinning. I hate poker.

*All this b*tching was aimed at the person folding AK in this spot.*

Looks like our boy laid down a bad beat smack down on Dolly…. running it twice.

I hope this clip happened before the previous one I went OFF about. It would at least slightly make me understand why she folded the other hand since she raised 22 pre here. Play stupid and you convince yourself that others are playing stupid against you.

I don’t understand some of @Windwalker ’s all-in plays but I assume it was a lot more going into the decisions than we get to watch on this edited show. I thoroughly enjoyed the QJ double suck-out against the big papa though :)

Last edited:
Finding a bluff there is definitely creative if nothing else. Would’ve preferred if it was something like 98s with a bd flush draw.

Obviously it’s really bad against tilly, or against anyone if you don’t have a rock solid image but I t’s a weird spot because almost no one raises no matter what they have. If a solid grinder shoves here and I have AK, I don’t think I call.

I hope this clip happened before the previous one I went OFF about. It would at least slightly make me understand why she folded the other hand since she raised 22 pre here. Play stupid and you convince yourself that others are playing stupid against you.
Gabe's comments here

Will watch the rest of WW games but after that unsubscribing to pokerGo

Abysmal content

Celebrity poker circle jerk.

I don’t understand some of @Windwalker ’s all-in plays but I assume it was a lot more going into the decisions than we get to watch on this edited show. I thoroughly enjoyed the QJ double suck-out against the big papa though :)
So fun to watch happen but so cringeworthy. What's worse, the $8,300 call after the raise with 2 behind or the all in shove after Doyle bets $50k?

Are the two @Windwalker clips above (shoving with air vs Tilly's tptk on the flop, and shoving with middle pair vs Doyle's overpair) are representative of his play on HSP, or two crazy outliers?

I already knew he was gonna suck out against Doyle and chop vs tilly cause of that pic krish posted a few months back of his winnings haha. Really fun episode to watch compared to the first few episodes, those were a snoozefest. Just looked at my calender and realised Pokergo is gonna charge me for at least 2 more months to watch the rest of this season, smh. (at least don't remove robs home game)

I just go all in all the time.

I remember the teaser chip stack pics a few months ago which indicated you destroyed the HSP games for like $1M+. Remember thinking what an incredible result that was against tough competition.

So been curious to finally see some actual hands from HSP and see how you accumulated all those chips (but not curious enough to pay for PokerGo).

Those two hands, out of context, look like pretty low EV plays. Which is why I was asking if they were representative of your play the whole weekend (getting lucky while behind) or outliers (e.g., recognizing villains were overfolding and exploiting that with constant shoves).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom