Why is There No PCF Powerball Pool? (1 Viewer)

So, how many pools are you already in? I am in 12... I think, having trouble keeping track. Family, family, family, extended family, work group 1, work group 2, friends in states with no lotto *Cough**Alabama!**, church group, football group, college football group, parents group, ... wait. that's only 11. You see! And you want a PCF pool, HA!

So, who do I pay pal?

I still have not purchased a ticket. It is too much money. Bad things happen with too much money

I was thinking about this calc (initially +EV) which is a current version of your article, but after considering further variables, gets pretty shitty (annuity vs lump, inflation, taxes, split, etc)

http://www.businessinsider.com/powerball-jackpot-700-million-expected-value-2017-8
Yeah, your take home after taking the cash amount and having that taxed would need to be like $500 mil for it to be +EV. So the advertised jackpot would need to be like $1.5B. I think it's only been that high once, but it has been getting near that range more often since they combined the two markets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom