Who has the rights to your photos submitted to Chipguide? Please READ (2 Viewers)

@Windwalker The possibility of monetizing and merging the data along with the photos is what has been bringing things to a head. I guess you can always offer and see what happens.

Oh...but you can't have my photos. Or maybe you can...partner?

1649272239804.png

Last edited:
@Windwalker The possibility of monetizing and merging the data along with the photos is what has been bringing things to a head. I guess you can always offer and see what happens.
I bid $1.
Edited: Not because I see no value in the CB, but because people donated their images in the spirit of making them available to all.

ChipGuide Submission Policy
Images and descriptions of items not currently on the ChipGuide may be submitted for consideration to be added to the ChipGuide. The ChipGuide has a submission form for this purpose. Upon submission, permission is granted to the Museum of Gaming History to use the item on the ChipGuide and for other purposes. Submitters must own the images submitted or have permission to submit them. At the discretion of the ChipGuide, submitted items may or may not be used and may be edited to meet ChipGuide guidelines. Submitted items will not be returned.

... "Submitted items will not be returned." What the hell does that even mean? A "submission" is just an image, right? Not even a physical photographic print, just an electronic image?

"I sent you an email yesterday, but I changed my mind so I want you to send it back to me!"

... "Submitted items will not be returned." What the hell does that even mean? A "submission" is just an image, right? Not even a physical photographic print, just an electronic image?

"I sent you an email yesterday, but I changed my mind so I want you to send it back to me!"
Start submitting NFT’s that they have to ask your permission for every time they allow someone to view them

I think what they want it to mean is once you "donate" an image, they Chip Guide can use it in perpetuity. You can't change your mind later and prohibit the Guide from using it later. Well that's how I read it. I think Charles should step down as admin know. He is causing more harm than good. The problem is finding a replacement.

I think what they want it to mean is once you "donate" an image, they Chip Guide can use it in perpetuity. You can't change your mind later and prohibit the Guide from using it later. Well that's how I read it. I think Charles should step down as admin know. He is causing more harm than good. The problem is finding a replacement.
Again, not an IP/Copyright lawyer (or lawyer of any kind) but from my understanding:
Images are not "donated".
The original image is the property of the photo taker.
Permission is given to use the image. The ownership of the image is not transferred unless a different, specific agreement is made.
If the image they use on the guide is not considered a new derivative work with copyright protection, then they are using it with permission, but do not own it.
You can change your mind and a DCMA takedown notice could be given if it came to that.

Again, not an IP/Copyright lawyer (or lawyer of any kind) but from my understanding:
Images are not "donated".
The original image is the property of the photo taker.
Permission is given to use the image. The ownership of the image is not transferred unless a different, specific agreement is made.
If the image they use on the guide is not considered a new derivative work with copyright protection, then they are using it with permission, but do not own it.
You can change your mind and a DCMA takedown notice could be given if it came to that.

Sorry, what i meant when I quoted "donated" is that you really aren't donating the actual image, you are granting the Chip Guide permission to use that image. Should have been clearer. So the question is, can you "revoke" your permission after you submit it?

I'm trying to avoid needing to navigate the absolute dumpster fire TCB is. Does anyone know what the process is for becoming a CCCCCCCCCAG TCCACC whatever member? If it's not a ton of money, I'm considering just creating a membership and then just putting my hat in the ring for presidency because....CHAOS.

I'm trying to avoid needing to navigate the absolute dumpster fire TCB is. Does anyone know what the process is for becoming a CCCCCCCCCAG TCCACC whatever member? If it's not a ton of money, I'm considering just creating a membership and then just putting my hat in the ring for presidency because....CHAOS.
Pretty sure to qualify you just need to sell a single for an exorbitant price and you're in.

The CC&GTCC page you can go there and sign up for a lifetime membership if you want XD

Just create a fake listing and I'll buy it and then you can send my money back when we're done.

http://www.ccgtcc.com/promo/newmember.html

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom