An Open Letter To Chipguide Concerning My Banning (1 Viewer)

Do I have the right to ask for my photo submissions to removed from Chipguide?

• Absolutely, They are still your property and that submission form is invalid

• Nope, You signed those suckers away.

• Can we get back to talking about Chipped Beef?

Results are only viewable after voting.

leo822

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
This whole mess over at @FDLmold 's thread https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/this-is-a-trk-chip.100284/ is just another example of @ChipGuide thinking and acting as the sole owner of CG and its photos and not as it's curator. Thank you for demonstrating these attributes I expounded on last year. Also, the hypocrisy of you claiming copyright on our photos WHILE also lifting images from Auction Houses, Chip Chat catalogs, Facebook posts, emails, magazines and brochures is numbing. Because someone lifted those images for you, or you attributed them to a long gone member does not relieve you of their theft. I have examples of all of the above.

You are upset with me because I criticized you and CG/MOGH and posted about the whole ordeal here last year. So much so you have escalated this to the point of banning me from logging on to the very entity that is using MY PHOTOS. Another example of you using CG as a weapon. And this really is the crux of the problem isn't it? Your inability to take criticism and admit you are wrong. You would rather just dig in deeper.

A member here was also a target of the CG weapon machine when someone over there obviously was annoyed with a dealer and decided they would post about that on an actual CG entry. This is the first time I have ever seen CG list that quantity was found and a what price it was purchased for. Is that what CG is doing now? You are a price guide and pricing police? Funny how I've only seen that action taken out against one person and not against the multitude of old dealers you have photos from or who are members selling chips themselves. If I was that singled out dealer I would have been furious.
felix.jpg

I'm going to make this simple. Even after our disagreement I have continued to help CG with information and attributions to the California section of CG. @Jeff in Iowa I'm sure can attest to my continuous help with CG and our many texts on card room histories...simply because I love chips and history. But that now has come to an end. I AGAIN respectfully ask you remove my photos and I will agree to your parting of ways. If you do not....expect a plethora of DMCAs from myself and a multitude of others.

Emilio Soto
R-8784

#FREEMEFROMCG.

Last edited:
This has gotten totally out of hand. @ChipGuide, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that while your intentions may have come from what you thought was a good place, you have gotten way too far out over your skis. Simply put, your claim of copyright regarding images on the ChipGuide does not comport with law. In fact, it is clear that you do not hold the copyright to the images, for the myriad reasons posted in various threads on this forum and on thechipboard.

If it is true that you have banned a long-time and upstanding member because of a disagreement--where you are in the wrong--then I am saddened to learn that you have weaponized the ChipGuide. Please give up this quixotic and foolish quest. It serves no one. Not the ChipGuide, not the MOGH, and not the collectors that are the lifeblood of this hobby.

This whole mess over at Oscar's thread https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/this-is-a-trk-chip.100284/ is just another example of @ChipGuide thinking and acting as the sole owner of CG and its photos and not as it's curator. Thank you for demonstrating these attributes I expounded on last year. Also, the hypocrisy of you claiming copyright on our photos WHILE also lifting images from Auction Houses, Chip Chat catalogs, Facebook posts, emails, magazines and brochures is numbing. Because someone lifted those images for you, or you attributed them to a long gone member does not relieve you of their theft. I have examples of all of the above.

You are upset with me because I criticized you and CG/MOGH and posted about the whole ordeal here last year. So much so you have escalated this to the point of banning me from logging on to the very entity that is using MY PHOTOS. Another example of you using CG as a weapon. And this really is the crux of the problem isn't it? Your inability to take criticism and admit you are wrong. You would rather just dig in deeper.

A member here was also a target of the CG weapon machine when someone over there obviously was annoyed with a dealer and decided they would post about that on an actual CG entry. This is the first time I have ever seen CG list that quantity was found and a what price it was purchased for. Is that what CG is doing now? You are a price guide and pricing police? Funny how I've only seen that action taken out against one person and not against the multitude of old dealers you have photos from or who are members selling chips themselves. If I was that singled out dealer I would have been furious.
View attachment 1095137

I'm going to make this simple. Even after our disagreement I have continued to help CG with information and attributions to the California section of CG. @Jeff in Iowa I'm sure can attest to my continuous help with CG and our many texts on card room histories...simply because I love chips and history. But that now has come to an end. I AGAIN respectfully ask you remove my photos and I will agree to your parting of ways. If you do not....expect a plethora of DMCAs from myself and a multitude of others.

Emilio Soto
R-8784

#FREEMEFROMCG.
@leo822

I think we know who was involved after many discussions regarding this posting. The posting has been since altered, changing the language and removing the pictures of MY chips, (Yes, they are mine) which I never "gave permission to use". The subject is also a member here at PCF, not mentioning any user by name, but I get that some people here, like myself, random internet people, develop opinions of each other all around the internet, ie. "Oh I don't have much use for that guy" or "I really don't care for that guy" (that I never met in real life and just don't like the stuff he posts", and I suggest that you may just be experiencing that?

A common explanation I've heard from other veteran chippers is that actions and comments are sometimes caused by jealousy, that you found a rare chip, that you found a hoard, and they did not, or are pissed that a chip they had was high value and now you found 1000 of them and they're pissed.

You have immense chip knowledge! You have found many rare chips, You are respected in the community of chipping. That alone could be a reason for, as you say, weaponizing the platform. At first I was a pit pissy that that happened but never made a deal of it really considering all the opinions here for the most part are just that, opinions, and from random internet people that have no use for getting to know someone IRL, rather just break out the pitchforks and torches. Is what it is, It's all good.

Interested to see how your revocation of permission to use your photos goes! As always friend (Here and IRL) here for ya if you need anything!

I believe @David Spragg is the president of the CCA still, yes? and that Chip Guide is under the preview of the CCA? Maybe he can offer some insight on this whole issue? Have you reached out to him @leo822

I wonder who the individual is under the handle here of @ChipGuide ? Is that user authorized to represent them here? Just wondering because I don't know the hierarchy of the CCA, I joined because I thought it was a worthwhile thing for chipping, but as with every "Club" of human beings drama and opposing ideas usually cause "Problems". I seem to remember someone named Charles Kaplan reaching out to folks, myself included, with some less than polite requests to "Always cite the ChipGuide" when using "Our Pictures". but not sure if he is still involved.

This whole mess over at Oscar's thread https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/this-is-a-trk-chip.100284/ is just another example of @ChipGuide thinking and acting as the sole owner of CG and its photos and not as it's curator. Thank you for demonstrating these attributes I expounded on last year. Also, the hypocrisy of you claiming copyright on our photos WHILE also lifting images from Auction Houses, Chip Chat catalogs, Facebook posts, emails, magazines and brochures is numbing. Because someone lifted those images for you, or you attributed them to a long gone member does not relieve you of their theft. I have examples of all of the above.

View attachment 1095137

Emilio Soto
R-8784

#FREEMEFROMCG.
You are not banned from the ChipGuide. There is only one banned individual, it is not you. That individual built a website taking 1,000's of images from the ChipGuide and refused to remove them. He also took many images (perhaps 50?) from another website and submitted them to the ChipGuide as his own.

I have sent in membership requests to look into this and posted publicly on Chipboard. Crickets.
Was then informed by a friend Charles wants nothing to do with me after posting our exchanges last year on PCF. Fine

Again. I do not like the direction of CG and it's handling of it's business. I want myself and my IP OUT!

I sent an official request to Chipguide.
I posted publicly on The Chipboard.
Why do I have to email you directly for normal site business? You told our mutual friend you are done corresponding with me. Fine. I'd rather handle these issues as a due paying member and not a friend or associate.

Last edited:
A member here was also a target of the CG weapon machine when someone over there obviously was annoyed with a dealer and decided they would post about that on an actual CG entry. This is the first time I have ever seen CG list that quantity was found and a what price it was purchased for. Is that what CG is doing now?

#FREEMEFROMCG.
@leo822 that was me! I bought those felix chips from danny. I wasn't really furious, just shocked that they would publish a sale price along with the amount. Disclosing an amount of a hoard that came up is understandable. I get that. But throwing out a sale price was pretty absurd. After that, I felt like a leper. I was about one year into buying and selling chips on eBay and locally, paid for a membership, and was enjoying the hobby. After that happened, and the way I was treated at the following CCGT, I gave up entirely.

Last edited:
There were a number of members whose status went to inactive, I don't know why. But it has been fixed. You should be able to login now.

Amaziing how you , Albert, Luke and anyone else at CG did not see this.
1678296286421.png

Confirmed. I now have been granted access to trade and use my own photos.

5548eaaf1911e5c7041876504ed0d039_w200.gif

Last edited:
Pcf to the rescue. Glad your membership was fixed!! Seems things can get overlooked there at the ol cca. My request must be in process
4428D388-320A-4240-9A1C-522A2D2D4CA2.png

Last edited:
I’ve used a bunch of photos from CG, to make my set, and hunt down chips.

If a grown man, came to me, another grown man, and said “hey that’s my internet picture” that they themselves got from the internet…. ELOOHHHHHEELLLLLL.

Here @ChipGuide, use MY ACTUAL PICS for free, and unfuck your current database of shit pics. SMH.

9873749B-FAF2-44B3-974F-4F840E5BE502.jpeg37EDE059-205A-4334-8BC4-1BAFDE836C89.jpeg54668FFD-E521-49A1-BEE4-CEE704F473D7.jpeg0A71C5D0-7274-44AE-810F-A8E09D274002.jpeg4C510FE9-E1EA-44B7-909B-8C66D9D5FC7C.jpegD719D6C6-8D30-4806-8214-040043ADE368.jpegF242662C-8DFE-4613-AA9D-487BEF66A79F.jpeg

You are not banned from the ChipGuide. There is only one banned individual, it is not you. That individual built a website taking 1,000's of images from the ChipGuide and refused to remove them. He also took many images (perhaps 50?) from another website and submitted them to the ChipGuide as his own.

Oh My God you banned yourself?

Because you are the one guilty of that exact same offense.

Banned? Are you kidding?
Your 1980s website is such amateur hour you could make another account and your sites level of tracking and screening would have no idea

Update your site to something modern
Spend some money and make it decent

Also your antics here make you look like a laughing stock

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom