Where can I find the chips used by the Tony soprano crew (1 Viewer)

ThrowBack

Two Pair
Reaction score
I’m looking to find these bad boys. They were used in the games Tony ran. The only executive game and the games with Tony B.

Always liked them and want them for limit set. Not looking to buy now just dreaming

514D1228-8DA3-4904-8D70-152F66A3CB64.jpeg
C0F8E397-A549-4CB7-9E03-D707767D4D5D.jpeg

I could definitely be mistaken, but they look like they could be Langworthy chips. See below.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/are-these-langworthy.63683/

I owned a few thousand over the years and they weren't slugged. Not available in retail stores, but usually available on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace
Very possible, thanks for the info. I didn't know a decent version of these existed.

Still, OP should be aware that the vast majority of these sold as "sopranos" were basically dice chips and pretty low quality.

One later version was a bit more 'rubbery' than the others; don't recall which one it was or if it was slugged. Still undenominated that couldn't be labeled or easily hot-stamped (deal-breaker for me).

There are/were worse chips than the Soprano six-stripe sluggos. But not many.

I’m looking to find these bad boys. They were used in the games Tony ran. The only executive game and the games with Tony B.

Always liked them and want them for limit set. Not looking to buy now just dreaming

View attachment 1197204
Always hated how shitty that table was. They're flying guys in, game has been going for a decade and you dont have nice table? Especially running overnight, give em a rail! Scatino would lose twice as fast but comfortably!

Maybe the same material as Richie's jaaaaccckeettttt, now that was a quality piece.

Always hated how shitty that table was. They're flying guys in, game has been going for a decade and you dont have nice table? Especially running overnight, give em a rail! Scatino would lose twice as fast but comfortably!

Maybe the same material as Richie's jaaaaccckeettttt, now that was a quality piece.
That’s true! Throughout the series they always had some famous cameos, from Frank Sinatra Jr. , Lawrance Taylor, David Lee Roth, etc.

Rent out a suite, but throw down a green tablecloth and call it a game? :mad:

One later version was a bit more 'rubbery' than the others; don't recall which one it was or if it was slugged. Still undenominated that couldn't be labeled or easily hot-stamped (deal-breaker for me).

There are/were worse chips than the Soprano six-stripe sluggos. But not many.
The "rubbery" ones were one of the best cheap chips made. First chips I bought and I still have them. Probably only second to the faux clay.

Those chips were originally made by RT Plastics (originally headquartered in Venice, CA and later moved to Las Vegas). They made relatively high quality plastic chips that were sometimes used in licensed card rooms. They were copied by Chinese manufacturers probably by the late 1990s, and the company went out of business in the early 2000s.

The "Soprano" style chips were originally called Six Stripes or Six Tab chips. The three tab chip on the on the right was the one called "Langworthy", because the design was owned by and proprietary to the Langworthy Co. and later Gamblers General Store.

I think I remember reading that the Chinese copies could be identified because the two outer stripes did not always align with the inner stripes, and that the edges of the Chinese chips were sharp, while the RT Plastic version was slightly rounded, if I recall correctly.

1697007036191.png

Last edited:
Ahh, memories..

These 6 stripers were my first set that served from my college years through my late 30's.

I was told by the store purveyor all those years ago that they were "clay". I believed him. Obviously, now I know better, but still they served me well at the time.

Am rewatching The Sopranos (for maybe the 10th time) - and the concept of a Soprano's "Executive Game" set of chips seems interesting. I am not talking about replicating the chips they used in the show - but something like a tribute set of sorts. Colors / spots relevant to the show and its characters. Anyone ever pursued this before?

Am rewatching The Sopranos (for maybe the 10th time) - and the concept of a Soprano's "Executive Game" set of chips seems interesting. I am not talking about replicating the chips they used in the show - but something like a tribute set of sorts. Colors / spots relevant to the show and its characters. Anyone ever pursued this before?
Am rewatching as well! I thought about starting from a color tribute, then just ditched them completely and slapped a Bada Bing! logo on a set of 800 custom Tinas I --just-- ordered!

badabing!_colormatched.png

I think "the jacket" is my favorite line from the entire series.
Either that or this one

Most chips used in most films are just crap, as you 'll find out in this forum.
Even in the "glamorous" Havana film, starring Robert Redford and gorgeous Lena Olin, the poker chips are plastic slugged dice-chip excreement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom