What's missing here? (1 Viewer)

Screenshot_20210207_220901.jpg

@Poker Zombie got it right. Cops are people....some good, some bad.

I oppose the suggestion that all cops are dirty. I have family members that are (were--RIP) cops and a good friend who is also a member of this forum who's a cop.

Of the cops I know, none of them would ever steal a Mosin Nagant (or anything else) in a raid. But I know of slime ball cops and it certainly could have happened.

Since this is now evolving into a nice English lesson, how do you all call this? :)
Karotsaki.jpg

Box set?! Are you stuck in 2003? Netflix isn’t available in Scotland?
Scotland does not have Netflix?
Don't worry most of the new programing is the same 4 formulas, unless you want a source of cartoons for children.

*Apocalypse---pandemic---end of the world, with various twists, zombies, plague, meteors
*Gang/Crime/Drug glorification TV with gang wars or police fighting crime and vice versa
*Medieval/Fantasy/fictional history, English and or dubbed
* Future Science with robots/cyborgs

So unless you like all your movies/shows to be from those narratives or you like Japanese anime your not missing much.

Scotland does not have Netflix?
Don't worry most of the new programing is the same 4 formulas, unless you want a source of cartoons for children.

*Apocalypse---pandemic---end of the world, with various twists, zombies, plague, meteors
*Gang/Crime/Drug glorification TV with gang wars or police fighting crime and vice versa
*Medieval/Fantasy/fictional history, English and or dubbed
* Future Science with robots/cyborgs

So unless you like all your movies/shows to be from those narratives or you like Japanese anime your not missing much.
Just so everybody is clear. Scotland has Netflix. Mel Gibson took it off the English and gave it to us :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I’m on series 3 of Cobra Kai. What more proof do you need? :LOL: :laugh:

I don't see how this response contributes to the conversation. I also don't see how what I stated could in any way be viewed as being even remotely controversial. I never claimed to have everything (or anything) "figured out". I said I'd wager good money on the rilfe having been stolen by one of the officers involved. But you dodged my question. I'm sincerely asking you. What do you think happened to the Mosin rifle?

Here are the facts per @daschuck77's testimony:
- It was being admired by the officers during the raid
- It was confiscated by the officers
- Everything else that was confiscated was inventoried and accounted for (with the exception of the other missing gun)
- The Mosin rifle was not returned to @brains613
- The Mosin rifle was not even on the inventory list

The simplest and most obvious explanation here is that one of the officers decided to keep it for themselves. Can you come up with other explanations? Sure. Perhaps the officer hit a nasty pothole on the ride back to the station which caused his knee to slam up against the underside of the dash, causing the trunk latch to engage and the rifle hopped out of the trunk, crashing down on the pavement below and the officer didn't notice it. Perhaps the officer who was admiring it so dearly on site was, in fact, a stand-up guy, and he, in fact, did turn it in and it was actually the person in charge of the inventory at the station who decided to keep it for themselves instead. Or perhaps as the officer was grabbing all of the confiscated items from the trunk of his car Sigfried and Roy showed up and performed a magic trick that made the Mosin rifle "disappear" without him realizing it. Surely there are any number of possible explanations for what could have happened to the rifle. Some plausible, some ridiculous. But Occam's Razor would say that it was simply stolen by one of the officers.

Perhaps your bias would lead you to prefer to entertain the possibility that the entire story is made up and that he either never had a Mosin rifle to begin with, or that he did in fact get the gun back and is just lying about it. Sure, that's possible too. But you'd probably be the only person in here who believes that to be the case if so, and it'd be quite the assertion to make.

So I'll ask you again @DMack, how do you explain the missing Mosin rifle? And please refrain from resorting to personal attacks. I realize we don't see eye-to-eye on many things, but let's just leave that aside please. I'd prefer to discuss what you actually think happened here.

You ask for a serious response and then three posts later go on your typical cop hating, smart ass, two year old style rant. I won’t waste my time trying to have a cordial conversation with you, Travis. It’s not possible.

@Poker Zombie got it right. Cops are people....some good, some bad.

I oppose the suggestion that all cops are dirty. I have family members that are (were--RIP) cops and a good friend who is also a member of this forum who's a cop.

Of the cops I know, none of them would ever steal a Mosin Nagant (or anything else) in a raid. But I know of slime ball cops and it certainly could have happened.
I tried to get it back on track... the masses say, "NO!"

You ask for a serious response and then three posts later go on your typical cop hating, smart ass, two year old style rant. I won’t waste my time trying to have a cordial conversation with you, Travis. It’s not possible.

I thought you had left. Welcome back. Ah yes, another personal attack. Well played. Not interested in a bit of humor, I see. Don't think it was funny to suggest that they're just getting it refinished for him? You're the one who suggests that they're *must* be another explanation here because there's just no way the cops would have stolen his rifle. Everyone else here sees this for what it almost certainly is. THEY PROBABLY STOLE IT! Is it really that difficult for you to believe this? I get someone wanting to "back the blue", but at what point does it become apparent that you just need to pull your head out of the sand? You'd almost have to be a cop if you can't see this. If so, thanks for being one of the ones who doesn't behave like this. But ignorance also comes at a cost. Cops who think their peers can do no wrong are also a danger to society. Not as dangerous as the dirty cops though obviously.

Are there other plausible explanations for what happened to the rifle? Sure. See above. I offered a few: Sigfried & Roy, the pothole problem, restaingate, and @BonScot's couch theorem.

We still await your explanation detective Columbo...

So there is no legitimate, plausible explanation, like a mix-up in tagging it into the evidence room? It was either sinister, or fantasy?

So there is no legitimate, plausible explanation, like a mix-up in tagging it into the evidence room? It was either sinister, or fantasy?

Thank you, Wedge. It wouldn’t benefit Travis’ hate filled mind to think it could be anything different. He’s far too intelligent to even comprehend such thing.

Sure, and I said that too. Obviously there are countless possibilities. But what do you honestly think the probability of that is? I'm not a cop and I've never worked in an evidence room, but I'd wager good money that it's standard practice to bring in all of the items together. Accidentally tagging a gun or guns as evidence in the *wrong case* would be a pretty major fuck up. One that should be an extremely rare event. Babies occasionally get switched at birth too, but most of the time when a pregnant white couple comes home from the delivery room with a black baby, people start wondering what the pool boy looks like. They don't just assume the baby was switched at birth. It's a question of probabilities. The likelihood that the gun was simply stolen by the cop who was admiring it far outweighs any other possibility. Does it *prove* he stole it? No. But it sure as shit warrants a peek into his gun cabinet.

Thank you, Wedge. It wouldn’t benefit Travis’ hate filled mind to think it could be anything different. He’s far too intelligent to even comprehend such thing.

Who's the one with the hate filled mind here? You just keep on plugging away with all the personal attacks. Is that really all you have? I've literally said in every post that there are countless possibilities. Some plausible, some humorous. The point is, MOST LIKELY, it was simply stolen by the cops.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom