What video games are you playing? (6 Viewers)

Meme.jpg

I keep talking up this game but I can't help it. Easily in my top 5 favorite games of all time. I've never felt the same satisfaction of beating a single (mini-)boss fight (after a ton of attempts) in any other game like I have in this one.

Fuck Radahn though.

Finished my first playthrough of Elden Ring yesterday. Already started on my second now and looking through online resources, boy oh boy did I miss A LOT (as expected). Let's do it again!

Finished my first playthrough of Elden Ring yesterday. Already started on my second now and looking through online resources, boy oh boy did I miss A LOT (as expected). Let's do it again!
I'm 70 hours in and trying to explore as much as I can. I can see this taking me a lot of time to complete. I'm just now transitioning to a midgame build focusing on sorceries and the moonveil katana.

I can see this taking me a lot of time to complete.

Ditto. The amount of content is just insane. I still don't love all the open world stuff, but there is enough areas to hit up to make it tolerable. I just spend as little time as possible in the open world. The NPC quest lines confuse the hell out of me and I never know where to go. Half the time I just kill them for loot, since I know I am going to f up their quest anyway lol.

But the good parts - the legacy dungeons and some of the smaller areas, and the random bosses in the open world - god those parts are fun.

My favourite legacy dungeon first time through was Leyndell. If you haven't been there yet, enjoy!

My favourite legacy dungeon first time through was Leyndell. If you haven't been there yet, enjoy!

Nope, not yet. I just finished Caria Manor, which was quite short and the boss was a joke.

While I don't have time to devote to the monster that is Eldin Ring (and I want the PC performance to get better), I bought a game in a similar vein, Tunic.

If you haven't heard of this game, it's like if you took 75% of Dark Souls and 25% of a 2d Zelda and mashed them together. It's played in an isometric view with an art style similar to the Link's Awakening remake on Switch.

It has all the Dark Souls trappings. Stamina, estus flasks, dodge rolling, bonfires, and it is extremely cryptic. So cryptic in fact that the in game text is mostly in an indecipherable in game language. And the way you figure out how stuff works is by finding instruction manual pages lying around. Which when you view them look like an old NES manual. And they are also mostly in the same indecipherable language.

Unlike Dark Souls though, you get maps and do not really upgrade weapons (so far). Plus it plays a bit more like Zelda in it's combat and exploration. It plays with is isometric view in some amazing ways though. Several times I've found a shortcut back to an area that I could have done all along, but was cleverly hidden by the isomeric view.

So far, very impressed!

I took the plunge on buying Crusader Kings 3 and I'm blown away by the tutorial already.

Case in point:

1648741889129.png

And I found the perfect wife to fulfill my destiny as king:

1648741992666.png

I then went to war with a rebellious baron who SHOULD be my vassal but wasn't respecting my AUTHORITAH. I conquered the region, took over the lands, and imprisoned the son of the baron of which now I can ransom him for more gold!

This is basically giving you a Game of Thrones power fantasy and I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into it more!

I took the plunge on buying Crusader Kings 3 and I'm blown away by the tutorial already.

Case in point:

View attachment 887651

And I found the perfect wife to fulfill my destiny as king:

View attachment 887653

I then went to war with a rebellious baron who SHOULD be my vassal but wasn't respecting my AUTHORITAH. I conquered the region, took over the lands, and imprisoned the son of the baron of which now I can ransom him for more gold!

This is basically giving you a Game of Thrones power fantasy and I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into it more!

I played Crusader Kings II and enjoyed it. Still busy playing Stellaris so haven't picked up CK3 yet, but it's on my wish list. Glad you're enjoying it!

While I don't have time to devote to the monster that is Eldin Ring (and I want the PC performance to get better), I bought a game in a similar vein, Tunic.

If you haven't heard of this game, it's like if you took 75% of Dark Souls and 25% of a 2d Zelda and mashed them together. It's played in an isometric view with an art style similar to the Link's Awakening remake on Switch.

It has all the Dark Souls trappings. Stamina, estus flasks, dodge rolling, bonfires, and it is extremely cryptic. So cryptic in fact that the in game text is mostly in an indecipherable in game language. And the way you figure out how stuff works is by finding instruction manual pages lying around. Which when you view them look like an old NES manual. And they are also mostly in the same indecipherable language.

Unlike Dark Souls though, you get maps and do not really upgrade weapons (so far). Plus it plays a bit more like Zelda in it's combat and exploration. It plays with is isometric view in some amazing ways though. Several times I've found a shortcut back to an area that I could have done all along, but was cleverly hidden by the isomeric view.

So far, very impressed!

this looks very cool, was completely off my radar. adding it to the "if i ever finish elden ring" pile.

I think The Witness is still my favorite puzzle game of all time. But this new game, Patrick's Parabox, is giving it a run for it's money.

So I finished Tunic and have almost finished Patrick's Parabox. So I finally took the plunge and bought Elden Ring. I look forward to not finishing it due to life constraints. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: ;):)

Moved on from Elden Ring for a while…now playing PGA Golf 2K21.
Less stress. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Just gotta embrace the stress. My 6yo kept pushing me to do things he knew would get me killed. I'm sitting fighting some shadow boss in the over world and he keeps saying "that boss is so fast. Is it hard fight? You're out of healing flasks. You're going to die!" Then I got hot by the bridge ballista and he said, "you got blown up!"

Great gaming partner. I had to banish him to his room for a lot of the game anyway. So hopefully won't be dealing with much more of that. Because that was more frustrating than the game.

Moved on from Elden Ring for a while…now playing PGA Golf 2K21.
Less stress. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
PGA 2K21 is pretty awesome. I love fooling around in the course designer.

As for Elden Ring, just brace for the million deaths. The game is obviously intentionally brutal, but that's what makes it fun! I get it though. I was sick all last week and basically couldn't play it because it was just too intense.

i finished elden ring. it was a great experience, but i stand by my sentiment that i didn't love the open world aspect. i will continue to play every game FromSoftware puts out, but i hope they don't fully commit to open world games. very much hoping bloodborne 2 is next up.

i played elden ring strictly melee, so i just fired up a new game with a mage to see how that feels.

going to try salt and sacrifice next i think.

Last edited:
Got back into Humankind now that they've patched a lot of the playability bugs. As a huge Civ series fan, this game is interesting.

Anyone playing Diablo 2: Resurrected since they started the first ladder season?
I'm playing a little D2R here and there, but I've never gotten into the ladder. 2.4 update is pretty fun though as there's a few new viable builds now. Probably going to start up a HydraOrb Sorc soon.

Ladder is a grindddddd. I’ve committed to War Cry (Singer) Barbarian but not sure how far I’ll get with a new league coming tomorrow for Path of Exile

Anyone playing Diablo 2: Resurrected since they started the first ladder season?

I was planning on it but never ended up getting started. I'm in the same boat with the POE league starting this weekend, I probably won't play D2R again until the next ladder (if even then).

That said, I'm moving to the stix with no great internet options so I may be stuck playing single-player games for a while here!

Kept my Stellaris game on the previous version to avoid the latest update causing any issues with my current playthrough.

Doing a Driven Assimilator run on Grand Admiral difficulty with 5x tech costs and 25x strength end game crisis.

Opened the L-Gate and it was the Grey Tempest, I managed to contain them fairly quickly so they wouldn't bork all the populations I still have left to assimilate into The Collective.

Just restored a Ruined Sentry Array which allowed me to select the Unity Ambition for the other Mega-Structures so I can start prepping for the eventual fleets in the multi-million strength marks from the Unbidden.

borg.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom