What video games are you playing? (4 Viewers)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3, any thoughts or takers? I'm always looking for interesting Switch games, because my kids hog the Xbox and leave the Switch to me about 97% of the time.

Made it through Biome 2 in Returnal. Got some good stuff on that run and beat the boss on my first try. More stuff is now available to me in Biome 1 when I inevitable die. Game is a ton of fun.

BE23DB5B-9FFE-4DA2-A685-D7A75A5ECFA8.jpeg

Let me know what you think of a Returnal after you get it.

I've got about 4 hours into it now, and I still have no clue what's going on lol. The gameplay is fun, but the progress is very confusing, to start at least. I think I may have got to the boss once? But I'm not sure. I said "wait is this the boss" and he one-shotted me and I haven't found him again since.

I've played totally blind so far, but I might need to check out a guide or some tips or something just so I understand what the hell everything does.

Just started Horizon Zero Dawn on PC
Really fun game. I suggest stealthing enemies as much as you can. Fighting head on can get pretty difficult especially when you're up against a group.

Some skills are must haves that you should try to get right away. For example, silent strike, concentrate, critical hit. Pick up everything you find to start off, and start upgrading all your pouches soon so you can hold as much as possible.

Really fun game. I suggest stealthing enemies as much as you can. Fighting head on can get pretty difficult especially when you're up against a group.

Some skills are must haves that you should try to get right away. For example, silent strike, concentrate, critical hit. Pick up everything you find to start off, and start upgrading all your pouches soon so you can hold as much as possible.
I started it a couple weeks ago and agree with all of the above. Also, use elemental arrows to blow up fuel cells, not only will that get all machines in the area, sometimes it will get some animals too. Fantastic game.

i have a steam deck arriving wednesday. i don't really need a steam deck, but i love gadgets. my 11 year old is already trying to figure out how to dock it and turn it into his own PC.

i tried, but returnal didn't do it for me in the long run. if someone wants a discounted copy, PM me.

i plan to play slay the spire: downfall next. happy to find out there is so much more to do in that gem of a game.

I cannot wait for Starfield. I'm a huge Bethesda fan, especially Skyrim...but this looks insane.
I missed this video back in June....oh, man.

Ugh Bethesda. For me after the excitement of "what's over that next hill?" wears off, I feel like I'm playing in a world I'm not invested in, with characters I don't feel anything for.

I enjoyed the shit out of Fallout New Vegas, but that was pre-Bethesda

I feel their games for me just ring too hollow. Tried Skyrim, Fallout 3 and 4. Now I just don't buy their products

I was playing Apex Legends for a while, then switched to a classic - Star Control 2.
I played a few rounds of Fortnite the other day too, but I‘m not really a fan anymore.

I finished Returnal. Was a good game, but unlike a lot of other roguelikes, it doesn't really have a ton of replay value for the main campaign. The runs are just too long. And that's totally fine. It felt more like a AAA game that used rogue mechanics in a way to justify is story. Which I'm impressed by.

But not I'm on to all sorts of order random stuff like Trials of Mana and World of Final Fantasy. The later has some pretty great writing for it's main cast of characters.

I have been a gamer going back to the Atari 2600 days. Eventually moved on to Coleco, Intellivision.

Eventually got the NES when it came out with super mario. Loved the Zelda series, contra, tecmo bowl, double dribble. Many others. Had Super Nintendo and Genesis. Lots of Street Fighter, mario world, Donkey kong jr.

Got the Playstation 1 for Mortal Kombat 3. Ended up playing more Tekken 2. Eventually got Doom on there.

After playing Doom and Duke Nukem back in the mid 90's, got really into Quake1, team deathmatch and CTF. Started taking IT courses and got my first job working for AT&T doing dial up tech support by answering questions about how to play Quake online, what is lag, ping, etc. Been working in IT ever since.

I got my kids into gaming because we played Diablo 3 together for a few years. They play on PC, PS4, Occulus, nintendo switch. So I'll play random games with them sometimes.

My current addiction is the Call of Duty series. Cold War is my favorite. Also play Modern Warfare19 and some Vanguard. Looking forward to MWII coming out. Hopefully it will live up to the hype and not be another Vanguard.

Downloaded Little Nightmares as it was a free to download PS+ game. The title is definitely accurate.

Got a Switch over a year ago. First console after many years.

Been getting into tactical strategy/puzzle games for a while now; absolutely love Into the Breach, one of my all time favorites now. Also loving XCOM 2, Invisible Inc, Battle Brothers, Slay the Spire, and Baba is You. Really been enjoy indie games much more than most first party games.

Mario+Rabbits Kingdom Battle was great, and looking forward to Sparks of Hope.

Hey actually first post/reply here and figured I cant really screw up video games ahaha. Anyways I been playing "Escape From Tarkov" with a buddy of mine and I just downloaded "Hitman 3" and that has been really fun also!

Got a Switch over a year ago. First console after many years.

Been getting into tactical strategy/puzzle games for a while now; absolutely love Into the Breach, one of my all time favorites now. Also loving XCOM 2, Invisible Inc, Battle Brothers, Slay the Spire, and Baba is You. Really been enjoy indie games much more than most first party games.

Mario+Rabbits Kingdom Battle was great, and looking forward to Sparks of Hope.
Breath of the Wild is an incredible game. Thats in my group of all time favorites with the PS5 God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, and the Last of Us 1 and 2.

Just broke out the SNES and playing Super Mario World View attachment 985860
Nice! Never had a SNES growing up but had C64, Nintendo, Genesis and such. The last 10 years or so I rarely use consoles. Recently I decided to install Emulators on my PC for PS1, PS2, PS3, Genesis, and Nintendo. So much fun going back through some of these old games and have the ability to tweak some graphical settings. Pretty awesome stuff.

https://vimm.net/

Hmm...I think they added DayZ to XboX PC Game Pass so I might have to fire it up. Haven't played since Arma 2 days. Are modded servers easy to access?

Other than a couple months of playing Battletech when it was released, I think DayZ standalone is the only game I have played since the its release.

Mod servers are much easier to access now. The launcher will list each mod the server has and prompt you to download and Install them automatically. If you like survival aspect, I would highly recommend the DayZ map: Namalsk.

These days I watch more of "Smoke" streams on twitch than actually playing. His adventures are the best!

Breath of the Wild is an incredible game. Thats in my group of all time favorites with the PS5 God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2, and the Last of Us 1 and 2.
BotW was the first game along Smash Ultimate I got first for Switch. Love the Zelda series but this one was more like the original where you explored more it's great but the dungeons/puzzles I loved about the previous games are the weakest aspect here even though there are clever ways to solve them.

Personally, I think The Last of Us make good stories, but not games. Same with Unchartered, which I like more for the popcorn factor.

One of my favorites from around 20 years ago was SSX Tricky. I had it on the xbox1. I need to get that running on an emulator.

I would unlock everything, then get bored one day, delete my game save and do it again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom