What is your opinion about four-color decks? (2 Viewers)

Love 4 color. Couple players complained when they were first introduced but I haven't heard anything in a long time. There is a noticeable benefit in using a 4 color in complex split pot games. I like to dress a table with one 4 color and one 2 color deck for variety, and a 1 joker deck on standby if there happens to be 8-handed sohe called.

I mainly play online, and 4-color decks are a big help there. Especially since the games move so fast, every bit of additional clarity is a must. But even if you have more time like in a live game, more clarity is always better imo.

I see absolutely no reason to stick with traditional 2-color decks when the new thing has only potential advantages and no drawbacks vs. the old style. With physical cards, the worst case is that under bad lighting conditions you cannot tell the colors apart well enough and effectively fall back to a 2-color deck, having to identify the symbols instead of only the color. That's not making it any worse than it was before.

Definitely yes online. Haven't ever played with a four-color deck live, but that should change this week. I expect it will be positive as well.

A player gave me a setup as a gift. We've used it once. They don't appeal to me at all.

I like the faded spades 4 colour deck. Haven’t had a complaint yet. Also rail lighting helps the colors standout when peaking at then.

Vomit.

I've never used one online, but I'm willing to bet I'd be more open to using them on a computer screen, for whatever reason.

I use them online as many of you.

I have used them live and don't mind. For me they are the same as jumbo indexes. Not visually appealing, but I realize they are helpful for some people so I don't mind using them. If I decide it's two colors and regular index.

I thought there was another thread with a Poll on this exact question but couldn't find it....anyway, this would be a good Poll question.

I thought there was another thread with a Poll on this exact question but couldn't find it....anyway, this would be a good Poll question.
We'll need 4 categories for some reason even though 2 would do just fine.
I'm unreasonably tilted by the 4 color decks.
They fly in the face of hundreds of years of tradition! I fear change! Ahhhhhh!

Gosh, I threw these out for my last home game, and my group was ready to throw rocks at me. Had many grumbles, moaning and complaining. Unbelievable!

I truly liked the change. I can focus enough to see the different suits, but a few others were treating me like some kind of heretic.

I like em, but looks like I cant use them!

Any buyers? One time used 4 color decks? Hahaha. I may have to consider selling.

Cant force people to change from a proven formula of black and red

Gosh, I threw these out for my last home game, and my group was ready to throw rocks at me. Had many grumbles, moaning and complaining. Unbelievable!

I truly liked the change. I can focus enough to see the different suits, but a few others were treating me like some kind of heretic.

I like em, but looks like I cant use them!

Any buyers? One time used 4 color decks? Hahaha. I may have to consider selling.

Cant force people to change from a proven formula of black and red
If poker size / jumbo index, I 'll buy them:)

I'd like to play with whatever deck puts everybody else on tilt, which seems to be about 60% of the forum.
That settles it, I'll put them in play yet again, for my next home game. Tilt em to beat em eh??

I've been knocked out of every one of my home games in embarrassing fashion..

I've often thought the best way to do a 4-color deck would be to do it in 2 colors, but the diamonds and clubs would have blue and green (respectively) shadows, glows, or outlines.

The copags I have are 4-color in poker sized.

I started playing more seriously online, and so got used to 4-color. Its what we use at home for live now as well.
Sorry, I'm so brainwashed by Desjgn I forget about other brands even existing, on my own shelf Infact. Modiano, Gemaco, COPAGs, KEMs, Bicycles, that have almost zero chance of being used since I got Desjgn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom