What I am grateful for this holiday season... (2 Viewers)

bivey

Full House
Reaction score
There are new CdN chips under the tree. I am so excited. These will likely be the last of the custom chips for me. Maybe a new set many years from now, but likely this is exit song for a bit. Too expensive, too time consuming, too much strain with children and other interests. I love this set and love to get it in play. Which leads me to a great-big thank you.

Tis the season for sharing. I would like to express my gratitude to John "J5" F. for all of his hard work on my set. His art direction and designs are superb, on all sets bearing his mark. The Chateau de Noix set was a dream for me, and J5 has helped this dream come true. I think that this process is fantasy for so many of us, and like most emotional pursuits, I place greatest emphasis on it. Thus with the highest of stakes, J5 delivers, time and time again. This holiday season, I am grateful to have been able to work with J5.

Happy Holidays all.

I'm thankful that there are more CdN chips in the world as well [emoji4]

It's a beautiful set. Just asked you a question under the Gallery but here might be better. How did you come up with the AOCs you chose? I'm assuming it's just favorites of yours, though I was trying to follow the logic (Côte-Rôtie and Côte du Rhone instead of just Rhone, Anjou instead of Loire, Burgundy instead of Bourgogne?).

Im grateful for my health and my job. I have two great jobs that allow me to do what I love most in life (poker, squash and drum).
I am also thankful for a great, strong chip loving community that is really knowledgeable and helpful

Your CdN chips are amazing! I am also thankful for his work

It's a beautiful set. Just asked you a question under the Gallery but here might be better. How did you come up with the AOCs you chose? I'm assuming it's just favorites of yours, though I was trying to follow the logic (Côte-Rôtie and Côte du Rhone instead of just Rhone, Anjou instead of Loire, Burgundy instead of Bourgogne?).

That's a difficult to answer succinctly. I battled with the AOCs for months. In the end, I wanted to have the cash set represent areas that were more known for white whines and the tourney set for their reds. I crossed sub boundaries for sure, but I picked recognizable names which I thought made the set appeal to more folks. I sacrificed some purity to achieve that. Most of my players would be asking "Bourgogne? Who's that?"

So there is no hard and fast logic here. I thought the result came out fine, but under scrutiny, the naming of the chips has more holes than swiss cheese. (Who also make lovely wine BTW, just not exported)

A snippet of CdN lore I suppose.

That's a difficult to answer succinctly. I battled with the AOCs for months. In the end, I wanted to have the cash set represent areas that were more known for white whines and the tourney set for their reds. I crossed sub boundaries for sure, but I picked recognizable names which I thought made the set appeal to more folks. I sacrificed some purity to achieve that. Most of my players would be asking "Bourgogne? Who's that?"

So there is no hard and fast logic here. I thought the result came out fine, but under scrutiny, the naming of the chips has more holes than swiss cheese. (Who also make lovely wine BTW, just not exported)

A snippet of CdN lore I suppose.

Hey it gives you a good story to tell. Obviously I'm deep into love of the grape too, which is why I brought it up. I didn't even give you a hard time for having Alsace on the lowly 1 chip! Or picking Vouvray instead of Anjou....ok, I'll stop now.

If your pals don't know from Bourgogne you need to educate them.......about the Willamette Valley!

Hey it gives you a good story to tell. Obviously I'm deep into love of the grape too, which is why I brought it up. I didn't even give you a hard time for having Alsace on the lowly 1 chip! Or picking Vouvray instead of Anjou....ok, I'll stop now.

If your pals don't know from Bourgogne you need to educate them.......about the Willamette Valley!

Funny Anjou was a real must for this set, but for all of the wrong reasons. There is a bakery near here that everyone assumes is French. Of course it is called Anjou - and the pastry is out of control amazing. But funny, that it's named after the Belgian Anjou, not the French. But since it's a local favorite, I used it. As for Alsace, the "lowly" one is my favorite chip, so go easy on me. It was a fun project, and when I realized that I would never get the names right, at least to meet a universal standard, it became much more fun. The 25k plaques and the new add-on uses Margaux, which is redundant when there is already a Bordeaux. It can be our secret. Don't tell ANYONE, ok?

J5 is amazing. I too have had an excellent experience with him.

This year I had to send my oldest son to boarding high school in Pennsylvania (no way he's spending his high school years in this sand box) while his brother, mom and I live in Saudi. We all miss him and take every chance my employer allows (not generous with time!) to see him. This is the first time we have all been together since he enrolled in August. It's very nice to watch them play Gary's Mod and Minecraft together. Today we'll go on a salt mine tour near Salzburg. It should be fun. We all fly out on the 4th and wait until the end of February to be all together again. I'm thankful for that too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom