What’s going on with USPS? (2 Viewers)

Not yet. They told me to wait a week because the distribution center is so backed up.
Interesting. I filed on inquiry on a package I shipped and the USPS agent that called me told me to file a missing mail claim which gives the package a search id number. She said it may "encourage" them to find it, move it, or update it

Interesting. I filed on inquiry on a package I shipped and the USPS agent that called me told me to file a missing mail claim which gives the package a search id number. She said it may "encourage" them to find it, move it, or update it
Ok. I will do that.

Ok. I will do that.
It's worth a shot, I feel like 30 days is a bit extreme to say please continue waiting. Especially since they claim 30 days is the now allotted time frame to deliver a package, a package on hold that long shouldn't be acceptable. I'd probably write that in the additonal info lol

She also took a $400 plus box to the post office and dropped it off, they still said they never recieved it and that it wasn't in the system. A few days later after opening a case which they said she couldn't because the package was never shipped. It showed up in the system and was already in Texas. They said sorry we forgot to scan it at the original location... they go through 50 conveyors at each distribution hub. I know because I have done industrial electric work at a local hub. It is impossible for that package to not be scanned but make it to Texas. Absolutely unacceptable but hey they have high volume so go screw yourself!! We are busy you know!
Yeh for whatever reason if they don't scan it when received it may not show up in their system at all or not until its delivered.

No idea how but ran into that issue when a new employee who didn't know what to do when the system prompted them for a zip code on international packages. She ran into this "problem" over 5 days with me. Did she ask anyone what to do? Nope. Did she try to press the cancel button (the only button she could hit)? No. She just decided she shouldn't scan them at all and that was the best solution. :banghead:

Wasn't until I got her for the third time and kept seeing no updates on my international shipments that I asked them and they said "oh I just don't scan it cause it prompts me for a zipcode".:dead: So I asked one of her fellow employees about it and only then did they show the newbie how to scan in international packages.... can't imagine the outrage if someone lost something expensive over it after paying for tracking and insurance.

My 2c
I don’t even know where to begin. I have been selling coins and hockey jerseys on FeeBay for last couple months. Only a small handful were tracked from A to B. Of those that weren’t, only the ones I shipped to the US ever showed delivery.
On December 4 CPC shipped my Tournament set. On Dec. 6 they arrived at Jamaica, NY ISC and we’re then “held by customs”. Weird that an outgoing package would be inspected by domestic customs. On the same day they were released. Then nothing until Dec. 29 when the package left the facility only to re-arrive 2 hours later. Then leave again not to be heard from.
In that time two other packages were mailed through the same route and delivered. I’m told not to worry...
The Silver Club Buttons and High Hand buttons from BRPro were mailed to me Dec. 22. They arrived at my local post office and when I showed to collect them my buddy told me he couldn’t release them to me. Because somehow my tracking number has been altered by subsequent stickers that had been applied over the original. As such, the tracking number used had some guy’s, from Saskatchewan customs information and owed duties for car parts. So the package is enroute back to Vancouver on the other side of the country to have the appropriate corrections made. As it happens, customs called me back after I left a pretty pointed message on their voicemail. USPS, she said has started re-using tracking numbers. That they delete old tracking numbers after so much time from their system and CanadaPost does not. Because of this, our systems flag these packages but the information goes back to the address attached to the previous use???!?!??
I’m at my wits end with all of them. Yeah, Covid this Christmas that...I get swamped. I don’t get the amount we pay to ship stuff that had embedded services like tracking that they don’t use and delivery standards they know they won’t meet. Seems like gouging. And that is to say nothing of the hundreds of dollars I was charged for items clearly marked on the package that are duty-exempt. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Last edited:
do-you-want-5ffe0fb470.jpg

*edit: post office, not a political statement

Last edited:
Guess I can't really blame this one on USPS. This one is due to sh**ty people. My mailbox was stolen (and around 10 neighbors). One of the only things good about HOA is I don't have to pay for a new mailbox.

They need to use something more secure. Looks like it took a couple minutes to steal.

View attachment 863026

View attachment 863027
And it looks like they put a couple nuts back on the bolts? :unsure:

Guess I can't really blame this one on USPS. This one is due to sh**ty people. My mailbox was stolen (and around 10 neighbors). One of the only things good about HOA is I don't have to pay for a new mailbox.

They need to use something more secure. Looks like it took a couple minutes to steal.

View attachment 863026

View attachment 863027
Somebody didn’t want the wife to see the credit card bill…..

Or “sorry honey, your valentine gift was in the mail”.

View attachment 863026

View attachment 863027
Ummmmm
Wow

My story of USPS fukery in motion has nothing on that

This box almost made a full circle of stupid before exiting CONUS

Tracking details
USPS tracking #9400108205499104118066
Feb 9, 2022
12:29pm
PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
YBOR CITY FL DISTRIBUTION CENTE, 33605
Feb 8, 2022
11:29pm
YBOR CITY PACKAGE SORTING CENTE, 33613
Feb 6, 2022
7:18am
DEPARTED USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
OMAHA NE DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 68108
Feb 5, 2022
10:21pm
Feb 5, 2022
6:56pm
Feb 1, 2022
5:14pm
OAKLAND CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, 94615
Jan 31, 2022
2:53pm
SAN FRANCISCO CA NETWORK DISTRI, 94804
Jan 28, 2022
10:17am
ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
DES MOINES IA NETWORK DISTRIBUT, 50395
Jan 27, 2022
8:48pm
DEPARTED USPS REGIONAL FACILITY
CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION, 60130
Jan 27, 2022
12:42pm
CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION, 60130
Jan 27, 2022
11:27am
ORIGIN ACCEPTANCE
NAPERVILLE, IL 60540
Jan 26, 2022
3:25pm
SHIPMENT RECEIVED ACCEPTANCE PENDING
AURORA, IL 60504
Jan 26, 2022
11:40am
PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
NAPERVILLE, IL 60540
Jan 26, 2022
10:39am
SHIPPING LBL CREATED USPS AWAITS ITEM
NAPERVILLE, IL 60540
Jan 26, 2022
8:39am
Tracking number provided

All bets are off down there in California aren't they? the mailbox really? not even things that are big, heavy or bolted down are fair game. Did the government take to mailing money or gift cards at a certain time of the month for subsidy checks? I could see if the boxes were full of gift cards then they would be a unsecure bank....but how would those stealing be tipped off as to contents?
And it looks like they put a couple nuts back on the bolts? :unsure:

All bets are off down there in California aren't they? the mailbox really? not even things that are big, heavy or bolted down are fair game. Did the government take to mailing money or gift cards at a certain time of the month for subsidy checks? I could see if the boxes were full of gift cards then they would be a unsecure bank....but how would those stealing be tipped off as to contents?
It's your personal info they're after as identity theft is a multi-billion dollar industry. They often refurbish trucks to look like moving companies and then they drive across the country stealing community mail boxes. Anything they can liquidate from your mail they will including the selling of your info to technologically advanced crooks. They also attempt to reverse engineer the master lock so that they can open other boxes with a counterfeit key.

It's your personal info they're after as identity theft is a multi-billion dollar industry. They often refurbish trucks to look like moving companies and then they drive across the country stealing community mail boxes. Anything they can liquidate from your mail they will including the selling of your info to technologically advanced crooks. They also attempt to reverse engineer the master lock so that they can open other boxes with a counterfeit key.
I figure the timing supports this since I'm pretty sure at least one W2 was stolen. Luckily I don't get a ton of mail. No chips or anything else were expected.

Almost ordered something online this morning. Then I remembered I don't currently have a mailbox lol.

I figure the timing supports this since I'm pretty sure at least one W2 was stolen. Luckily I don't get a ton of mail. No chips or anything else were expected.

Almost ordered something online this morning. Then I remembered I don't currently have a mailbox lol.
Yah that makes sense
Tax time and everyone sending out tax papers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom