View Outside My Window (3 Viewers)

Okay, not quite from the window, from the tree stand. No deer this morning, but I never get tired of the view

20201016_091540.jpg

Okay, not quite from the window, from the tree stand. No deer this morning, but I never get tired of the view

View attachment 553751
I've always heard that meat hunted is the best meat.

I tried hunting once. ONCE. It sucked. My feet were freezing, and the grocer told me to take my shotgun and get out of his freezer.

I've always heard that meat hunted is the best meat.

I tried hunting once. ONCE. It sucked. My feet were freezing, and the grocer told me to take my shotgun and get out of his freezer.
I much prefer gun hunting over bow hunting, at least with gun hunting you get to make a big boom and all the freezing is quickly ended with little to no tracking. Bow hunting = sleeping in a tree stand for 2 hours freezing to death hoping you'll see a deer come through the area close enough you can at least put a range finder on it before it sees hears or smells you. But, I'll try again this afternoon :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Oh and I forgot to mention I got greeted by some unhappy coons this morning. I'd say within 1 foot of my boot

I much prefer gun hunting over bow hunting, at least with gun hunting you get to make a big boom and all the freezing is quickly ended with little to no tracking. Bow hunting = sleeping in a tree stand for 2 hours freezing to death hoping you'll see a deer come through the area close enough you can at least put a range finder on it before it sees hears or smells you. But, I'll try again this afternoon :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Oh and I forgot to mention I got greeted by some unhappy coons this morning. I'd say within 1 foot of my boot

Yikes given the prevalence of rabies in regions that would be too close for comfort for me.

Yikes given the prevalence of rabies in regions that would be too close for comfort for me.
I wasnt a fan of the hissing when stomped at. However they seemed otherwise overly intrigued. Have to find a way to remove them, since they've been destroying my corn feeder

We had a scare last night, where a fire started and grew to over 7000 acres in only a few hours, this was the view from down our street, the headlights are cars leaving the area with the fire in the background....... we almost left our house to head to nearby family, but the winds were favorable and we made a last minute decision to stay home around 10:30pm... Luckily this morning the evacuation areas were going the opposite direction of us, so I think we're in the clear (for now).....

IMG_4283.jpg

I never thought I'd have to choose which chips to save, but here they are ready to go (they had been in racks minutes before....)

IMG_4282.jpg

We had a scare last night, where a fire started and grew to over 7000 acres in only a few hours, this was the view from down our street, the headlights are cars leaving the area with the fire in the background....... we almost left our house to head to nearby family, but the winds were favorable and we made a last minute decision to stay home around 10:30pm... Luckily this morning the evacuation areas were going the opposite direction of us, so I think we're in the clear (for now).....

View attachment 555502

I never thought I'd have to choose which chips to save, but here they are ready to go (they had been in racks minutes before....)

View attachment 555506
Shit I’d grab all lol

7AFF2B98-78EE-4454-9C64-ECBB0E28621F.jpeg

These guys lived in my yard all summer. One of them has tiny antlers. Like really tiny. Like so tiny he probably over compensates when he's hanging out with his deer buddies. We are surrounded by public land where people hunt so this time of year The deer retreat into the neighborhoods. Smart little bastards.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom