Using the heat gun (1 Viewer)

tooth_doc

Two Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all,
I apologize if this has been covered (but I can't find it)
I have never used a heat gun. Can this be done alone? (my rail partner/stapler guy cannot do it anymore.)
Is there a instruct video?
I'm hoping to cover the rail Friday> i will post pics when done.
Thanks in advance and have a great rest of the week,
Charlie

It's as easy as using a hair dryer.
Not so fast...technically it is, it's shaped like one, high/low on/off toggle switch, but, the heat is much higher. You can easily melt, or, permanently deform materials. Use caution when heating vinyl, keep the gun at a distance until you get the hang of it. I'd recommend cutting off an excess piece and practicing first.

Edit: work area prep is important a well, make sure you have something to set the gun down on that won't burn, or, melt to the end.

Not so fast...technically it is, it's shaped like one, high/low on/off toggle switch, but, the heat is much higher. You can easily melt, or, permanently deform materials. Use caution when heating vinyl, keep the gun at a distance until you get the hang of it. I'd recommend cutting off an excess piece and practicing first.

Edit: work area prep is important a well, make sure you have something to set the gun down on that won't burn, or, melt to the end.
Yeah my comment was a little careless. Haven't used my mikita in a bit, forgot about the higher settings. If you keep yours on the lowest possible setting you shouldn't get into trouble. If your using whisper vinyl you probably won't even need it in the first place.

As someone who's in the lab and uses a heat gun regularly, be aware of your surroundings, and make sure to plan before you do it. Think about what comes next after you use the heat gun. That way, there'll never be an accident.

You can definitely do it alone, but as with all things, if you're unsure, make sure that there's someone around hanging out if something happens. Good luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom