Union Station Sun-Fly hybrid rolling edge poll (poll closed) (1 Viewer)

Original rolling edge without Circle on the $500 and a line $1000? or updated version with?

• original (without for both)

Votes: 26 51.0%
  • updated (with for both)

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Updated with on $500, original without on $1000

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • original without for $500, updated with on $1000

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

p5woody

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
What do you think original or updated?

Original without the circle and line on the $500 and $1000 chips

Updated with circle and line on the $500 and $1000

Compared side by side (original vs updated)

Interesting poll results so far.

See if this changes anybody's mind, I made both a little smaller.

I'm really liking Union Station. Will the artwork be available for other uses?
I'm sure we will be able to work something out.

I have some 43mm hybrid samples. Not sure I like them, although they might be growing on me.

I'm wondering if the artwork could be dye-sub printed onto ceramics.

Also, for some 18XX board games, I might need the $1000's along with the $20's and I think there could be dirty stack issues with that. So I'd either need to change the color or switch to a $2000 (which is the recommendation of a big brain 18XXer).

EDIT: I'm discussing this in the wrong thread. Sorry, I'll stop now.

Last edited:
Interesting poll results so far.

See if this changes anybody's mind, I made both a little smaller.

View attachment 247029

Still feel as before, chips with 5-8 edge spots groups don't need the dots/lines/diamonds they just make the edges look cluttered (why wasn't the $5 considered?..., cause it doesn't need it). But if you are going to add them to the 500 & 1K at least the smaller dots/lines/diamonds are better than the regular sized one.

BTW the blue 25K is a cracker!

Still feel as before, chips with 5-8 edge spots groups don't need the dots/lines/diamonds they just make the edges look cluttered (why wasn't the $5 considered?..., cause it doesn't need it). But if you are going to add them to the 500 & 1K at least the smaller dots/lines/diamonds are better than the regular sized one.

Yes! Totally forgot about the $5. Let's add the half circle to the rolling edge!

@p5woody I think everything you do looks good. Either way looks fine, but I see your upper denoms don't have extra edge spots either, so my vote would be no spots to tie it in with the other chips . I just wish the chips came out looking as vibrant as your pics. Which chip maker are you going with ?

@p5woody I think everything you do looks good. Either way looks fine, but I see your upper denoms don't have extra edge spots either, so my vote would be no spots to tie it in with the other chips . I just wish the chips came out looking as vibrant as your pics. Which chip maker are you going with ?
These will be 43mm Sun-Fly hybrid chips.

Reactions: ovo

Don’t the Boardwalk $5s have extra symbols on the edge with a 6 spot pattern?

Yes, the BW 5 has 8 edge spots all of which have the "-" between them.

In fact, the only BW chip that does not have an edge design between the spots is the 1,000 which has 8 triple edge spots (similar to the original yellow 1k here).

In the case of that chip, I tend to agree that an edge design in addition to that many edge spots is very busy.

Those chips have enough going for them already to stand on their own.

Last edited:

Yes, all of the BW denoms have dots/lines/diamonds, etc....

........ so I guess that means that because it was done before...... must mean that it is right to do it again...... flawless logic.

Yes, all of the BW denoms have dots/lines/diamonds, etc....

........ so I guess that means that because it was done before...... must mean that it is right to do it again...... flawless logic.

No, not all... per my post above.

That said, the 5 does have it (and I think should keep it, as it looks great even on the smaller 39mm chips)

That said, I do agree with you that the Union Station 500 and 1000 should not have the edge designs... I've changed my vote from earlier.

Still feel as before, chips with 5-8 edge spots groups don't need the dots/lines/diamonds they just make the edges look cluttered
Totally agree.

Big difference between using filler spots/symbols/lines on a three- or four-spot chip (fine, imo) vs using them on a six- or eight-spot chip (too busy, imo), especially if the spots are multi-color (which makes it even worse, bordering on gaudy). None of the Boardwalk chips are the latter configuration.

all of the BW denoms have dots/lines/diamonds
See above.

Note that all but two of the Boardwalk chips are 4-spot chips except the $5 (6-spot single-color) and the $1000 (8-spot multi-color, with no extras).

If using the same guidelines as the Boardwalks, the following Union Station chips should no contain extra spots: $5, $500, $1000, $5000, $25000, NCV....... and as originally designed, they don't. Perfect.

For my .02, my OCD would rather see the 5 have symbols even if it means changing the spot pattern...

All of the chips look incredible though... great job as Always p5woody.

Has there been any further thought between adding a $20,000 denom between either this set or the Old School?

Would be great to have one of each for flexibility.

For my .02, my OCD would rather see the 5 have symbols even if it means changing the spot pattern...

All of the chips look incredible though... great job as Always p5woody.

Has there been any further thought between adding a $20,000 denom between either this set or the Old School?

Would be great to have one of each for flexibility.
Yes, I will change one of them. Not sure which one yet.

Seeing the Boardwalk $1K above, I'm now leaning to no extra spots on the $1K

Still on the train for the $500 though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom