Trophy Poll (1 Viewer)

If you won a meetup Main Event, which trophy would you rather have?

• LED Fat Tire Sign

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Wooden Gear Trophy

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

Trihonda

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Help me decide on what to do for next year's MTTD. I initially planned on getting two of the LED lights (1st and 2nd), but for whatever reason, I only ordered one. I knew I needed a 2nd place award, so I set to work to build one using spare bike parts.

The LED trophies cost considerably more than the wood trophies. However, the build might take 2+ hours. (The first one took me much longer, but I was figuring everything out).

So given the cost and time/effort factors probably equal out, which trophy would you rather have if YOU won a meetup tourney?

ME Trophy 1.jpg

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0777.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

ps. I understand my woodworking skills are no way on par with lnlvr or redbelly. Those guys rock!

Anyone who complains about either should be kicked out and never invited back.

I know they're decent trophies, and a step up from previous MTTD awards, so I know people won't complain. I just wanted to know which people might prefer. That said, I also know that although cool, the trophy doesn't make the event.

The gold standard for meetups is the WCB, and @Jeff utilizes similar trophies to what I've used in the past. I wouldn't ever think his event is lacking of anything. Besides, that WCB trophy is one of my favorites! :)

My ultimate goal is to provide a fun atmosphere, and give folks some extra bragging rights for winning the main event, but I'll never come close to the Shootout. @Mr Tree definitely gets the award for the best trophies (hands down), and best bounties (freakin bullets, genius). I'm gonna get me that cannon one of these days!

Gear trophy was my vote - for 2 reasons. It's unique and it goes with your theme.

The LED sign is cool too, but you have to plug that in somewhere, I hate cords showing, and I'd have to turn it off when I didn't want the ambient light from it.

The LED sign is cool too, but you have to plug that in somewhere, I hate cords showing, and I'd have to turn it off when I didn't want the ambient light from it.

All these things are very true, but without a doubt I would figure it out: extend the cord, drill holes and hard wire to a switch, put it on a clapper, whatever, I don't care, I wantssss the light up one bad!!!

Also, the wood one has a fuckin' badger on it with no Pac12 school in site so fuck all that noise. ;)

I know they're decent trophies, and a step up from previous MTTD awards, so I know people won't complain. I just wanted to know which people might prefer. That said, I also know that although cool, the trophy doesn't make the event.

The gold standard for meetups is the WCB, and @Jeff utilizes similar trophies to what I've used in the past. I wouldn't ever think his event is lacking of anything. Besides, that WCB trophy is one of my favorites! :)

My ultimate goal is to provide a fun atmosphere, and give folks some extra bragging rights for winning the main event, but I'll never come close to the Shootout. @Mr Tree definitely gets the award for the best trophies (hands down), and best bounties (freakin bullets, genius). I'm gonna get me that cannon one of these days!
I dunno man, I like the bicycle chain trophy a lot. Brand committed!

Have you looked around for bike trophies or bike statues? I've used a couple different bulldog statues the last couple years and they ship with a customized plate where you can put the year, tourney, and place (1st, 2nd, etc.). The gear / wood block idea is innovative and is far better than I could do but it doesn't look as finished as the other trophies.

but it doesn't look as finished as the other trophies.

I agree. The first time is always sloppy... ;)

It was an experiment of sorts. Just to see what is possible, with on-hand materials.

I think any future iterations (if any) would be a tad more polished and thought out (sorry 2017).

LED trophy is very cool. Gear/chain idea is also cool, but looks a bit disjointed and almost incomplete. Maybe run the chain up and around the gear to tie them together?

Well crap... you guys aren't very helpful, lol... It's currently tied 10/10. :)

(actually, I do appreciate all the feedback).

I voted for the LED trophy, it's really cool and much more unique.

Obviously either is great as many have already said!

@links_slayer im not sure you were intending to be serious.

If you were joking, I laughed hard.

If you were serious, I actually like the idea. :)

The sign is very nice but I could see it being like a novelty signs I have in a box because it never gets plugged in. The plaque has a personal one of a kind touch and got my vote

Both are cool but I chose wood because:

1. As mentioned, it looks cool and...

2. I don't have to deal with plugging it in or switching it on/off.

I'm lazy.

Gear trophy. Nothing personal, but I'm a road bike guy, and I despise the beer.

I'm happy for New Belgium's success, but they used to brew so many much better brews...
:(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom