LED Table Lighting--Good, Bad or Indifferent (1 Viewer)

LED Lighting--Good/Bad???

• LED lights are incredible and a must have for any table.

• LED lighting is a gimmick and completely overrated.

• I like LEDs, have them, but have gradually gotten bored with them and sometimes do not use.

• LEDs are good but not worth the extra cost.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tonysquander

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to get some feedback from those who have the LED lighting on your tables. I am considering getting a 2nd table and am on the fence about lighting (and don't even know if I can find a table with lighting w/ the configuration I want). Those who have the table lights, what are your thoughts on them? Sure, they look cool, but in actual play do they take away from the chip colors, make it difficult to read cards, become annoying, or are they the best thing since sliced bread and you cannot believe you ever played without them? What light color do you usually play with (white or other). Do you find yourself not using them in play even though you have them? Were they great at first but after the novelty wore off you find them to be meh? All comments and experience using them in play are welcome. Thanks.

As an aside, if I went with a lighted table, my ideal table would be a 60" round table w/ a raised rail and no racetrack at all with the cupholder either in the padded rail or flip out from underneath. I cannnot seem to find any tables in the market with that specific configuration. There are plenty with a racetrack but none that I have seen with lights/raised rail and an all felt playing surface all the way to the rail. I don't know if that is because it cannot be done with lighting in place, or whether no one else on earth wants this specific configuration except for me. If you have seen a table like this out in the wild, let me know.

Thanks.

IMO
I was always in the camp of thinking they were a gimmick, and once you get over the wow factor their isn't much use for them.
But since I have had a table with lights I will probably always have one. I don't use all the 1000 different fancy themes and colors you can make them do. For me it is just the straight white light that is easy to get used to.
I have good lighting in my poker room but if we sit down to this table and the lights are off it is definitely darker and nicer to have them on.

20210519_021614000_iOS 1.jpg

I wanted to get some feedback from those who have the LED lighting on your tables. I am considering getting a 2nd table and am on the fence about lighting (and don't even know if I can find a table with lighting w/ the configuration I want). Those who have the table lights, what are your thoughts on them? Sure, they look cool, but in actual play do they take away from the chip colors, make it difficult to read cards, become annoying, or are they the best thing since sliced bread and you cannot believe you ever played without them? What light color do you usually play with (white or other). Do you find yourself not using them in play even though you have them? Were they great at first but after the novelty wore off you find them to be meh? All comments and experience using them in play are welcome. Thanks.

As an aside, if I went with a lighted table, my ideal table would be a 60" round table w/ a raised rail and no racetrack at all with the cupholder either in the padded rail or flip out from underneath. I cannnot seem to find any tables in the market with that specific configuration. There are plenty with a racetrack but none that I have seen with lights/raised rail and an all felt playing surface all the way to the rail. I don't know if that is because it cannot be done with lighting in place, or whether no one else on earth wants this specific configuration except for me. If you have seen a table like this out in the wild, let me know.

Thanks.
Check out Pharaoh Manufacturing in Glendale, CA. They will literally build anything, though it will probably be around 3-4k

Check out Pharaoh Manufacturing in Glendale, CA. They will literally build anything, though it will probably be around 3-4k
I love your round table, and I was trying to see if it had lights but it looks like it just has that nice metallic looking trim around the playing surface. Is that correct?

I just tossed a string of rope lights underneath my rail years ago. It eventually had dead spots so I removed it. My players complained. So I replaced it with a new rope light string. They prefer the lights. Even if they aren't fancy.

I think table lights are the kind of thing where you don't know you want them until you have them and then don't have them.

Last edited:
I’m planning on a lighted raised rail in my next build. Going to try to keep it in the .75-1” range though, I don’t like high raised rails.

I’m planning on using a string of UV LEDs though, hoping they’ll make the chip colors pop in stacks for a little more player enjoyment - haven’t seen this done, but would love to hear if anybody has tried it.

My 55" round.

View attachment 1082611

View attachment 1082612

I'm actually selling this table with 6 poker chairs for $1850.
Comes with the reversable blue/green suited speed cloth insert. I'm keeping the BB and PCF inserts.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/media/albums/55-round-poker-table.1600/
Want to make me a 60”? I have a 55” now and found it doable but a little tight for 8 people which is why I wanted a 60” size. Your table (other than the size and not having cupholders) is exactly what I am thinking of. What do you use for cupholders, bar carts?

I’m planning on a lighted raised rail in my next build. Going to try to keep it in the .75-1” range though, I don’t like high raised rails.

I’m planning on using a string of UV LEDs though, hoping they’ll make the chip colors pop in stacks for a little more player enjoyment - haven’t seen this done, but would love to hear if anybody has tried it.
Yeah not looking for a really high rail, ideally one just big enough for the lights/diffuser

I enjoy a darker room so the light makes it possible to see everything important to the game very well without having a super bright room. If the room is already well lit then they're more for show.

Screenshot_20221209-030739_Gallery.jpg

But yeah if you use anything but white things can change colors on you including your cards which as you know can be hazardous!

20191103_184231.jpg

I didn't vote on this but if I did I would check the box that said "love them & always use them but not necessary in all situations"

20230130_005013.gif

I installed led strip lights on my original table, but disliked the spacing between the lights. Even with a diffuser, you could see the spacing. I found FCOB led's that are a solid string, and look amazing with or without a diffuser.
My lights are on a dimmer, so they are adjustable. Much easier to see the cards when peeking at them.

Attachments

• 20221109_155046.jpg
    20221109_155046.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 97
I love your round table, and I was trying to see if it had lights but it looks like it just has that nice metallic looking trim around the playing surface. Is that correct?
Yes. 60" round with 3/4" raised rail. No lights.

My personal opinion with the LED lights is it reminds me of a Honda Civic with a spoiler on the trunk. Though some people love the LED light look.

They will do anything you want, so LED lights aren't an issue to install with Pharaoh.

Difference between typical Led strip lights vs FCOB led's.
Yes. 60" round with 3/4" raised rail. No lights.

My personal opinion with the LED lights is it reminds me of a Honda Civic with a spoiler on the trunk. Though some people love the LED light look.

They will do anything you want, so LED lights aren't an issue to install with Pharaoh.
Depends on the type used. I agree if typical Led Strip lights are used, but if COB led's are used, it's solid light.
Here is a comparison.

Attachments

• s-l400 (2).jpg
    s-l400 (2).jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 102
  • s-l400 (1).jpg
    s-l400 (1).jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 115

Thanks.

Can def be done.

This one's an octagon obviously, but a round table is no different.

0515de_ba3cac8bd47649a2b5c303118eba8cb6~mv2.jpg

Want to make me a 60”? I have a 55” now and found it doable but a little tight for 8 people which is why I wanted a 60” size. Your table (other than the size and not having cupholders) is exactly what I am thinking of. What do you use for cupholders, bar carts?

Tony Bishop from Diamond Poker tables in Arizona made that for me. I don't think he's making poker tables anymore. The last time I talked to him was about 2 years ago.

Isn't that why the raised rail was invented?

So Fast SO FURIOUS!!!

View attachment 1082652

Oh & also know most people hate the racetrack but at least I can easily change my playing surface?
I like having a racetrack. I would never remove mine. I will remove the cup holders from it however, and put them on the rail.

My light channel is not really for the purpose of providing extra light, but rather for highlighting the animal house theme. I am so glad I added it. When the lights go on, cards are in the air! When the lights go off, time to get the f*#k out. Haha. players love the lights.
8BC2B5C0-6426-4159-A8CA-69168E997E1E.jpeg
94B4D2F9-1FF0-430E-9405-12266C384B93.jpeg
59ADB6AB-B59F-4D95-92BF-297D459A6CA9.jpeg
9A3D59F0-033F-4301-9BA5-92A4A28E4E5E.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom