To denominate or not to denominate (2 Viewers)

Just do what makes you and your game better. FFS! There is no right or wrong answer or way to do it.

I’ll take non denominated chips over murdered and relabeled chips every day of the week. If I want labels I’ll buy China Clay or hybrid ceramics( of which I have a set), not pay out the nose for Tigers just to relabel them. Yeah, I said it!!
Hell yes! Hallelujah!!!

Yep, if it's about the money, then a $13 set of interlocking plastic chips (which are dimensionally consistent and stack great, btw) plus a 59c Sharpie to add denominations of your choice (sorry @Taghkanic) are the true way to chip happiness.

Good grief, if only I had seen the light 200,000 chips ago.....
BGinGA, I know you for your great advice on tourney structures. But I don’t think I’ve seen much about what chips you have.

What’s your favorite set you have and what’s your most used set?

I’ll take non denominated chips over murdered and relabeled chips every day of the week. If I want labels I’ll buy China Clay or hybrid ceramics( of which I have a set), not pay out the nose for Tigers just to relabel them. Yeah, I said it!!
That's kind of where I landed too. I don't have to have Paulson, but part of that is my local public club uses Bud Jones and I think their chips are fabulous. And I found the sun-fly hybrids to be actually of good quality for what I wanted, even if not exactly the same material as Bud Jones would be. (Plus the 43mm hybrid option was great for my design idea.)

But I do think denominations are integral to the design, a nice convince for a well-run game, and not at all a sign of the "dumbing down" of poker players as other posters are insisting.

BGinGA, I know you for your great advice on tourney structures. But I don’t think I’ve seen much about what chips you have.

What’s your favorite set you have and what’s your most used set?
Of my current sets (20ish?), probably 20th Century or Four Queens (cash) and Aurora Star or Empress Star primary (tourney). None of the top-end sets get much prolonged use, because they are in play rotation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom