Poker Racks (2023) (4 Viewers)

I have about 60+ chipco and 50+ unique racks I’ll be selling next week bc they are bit thicker than spinettis 66.7 and I can fit 5 deep vs 4 deep in my tool chest drawer

Very prudent. Best to not waste money on buying a rack that might not work.
...and you're in Vegas, so you can use that money check-raising stupid tourists and taking huge pots off of them. Playing all-night high-limit Hold'em at the Bellagio, 'where the sand turns to gold'. Stacks and towers of checks I can't even see over.

...and you're in Vegas, so you can use that money check-raising stupid tourists and taking huge pots off of them. Playing all-night high-limit Hold'em at the Bellagio, 'where the sand turns to gold'. Stacks and towers of checks I can't even see over.
1696786643548.gif

Kind of new chipper with 1000 CPC on the way (A mold). I was tearing my hair out trying to find what the right racks were. Already have Versa 1000 birdcage case, but no racks. Apparently molds are different thicknesses so still not sure on racks. After forum searches am now more worried about all kind of rack-related things. Will no lids damage the barrels below? Will lids be too annoying? Rack width too tight result in marking the chips? What if 20 don't fit, twitch twitch. Gaaaah. I think what I need is rack samples. But Australia doesn't have local access to makers and postage is a killer. I almost ordered suitable racks (no idea on manufacturer) from David Spragg but postage alone on 10 racks was $140.

Kind of new chipper with 1000 CPC on the way (A mold). I was tearing my hair out trying to find what the right racks were. Already have Versa 1000 birdcage case, but no racks. Apparently molds are different thicknesses so still not sure on racks. After forum searches am now more worried about all kind of rack-related things. Will no lids damage the barrels below? Will lids be too annoying? Rack width too tight result in marking the chips? What if 20 don't fit, twitch twitch. Gaaaah. I think what I need is rack samples. But Australia doesn't have local access to makers and postage is a killer. I almost ordered suitable racks (no idea on manufacturer) from David Spragg but postage alone on 10 racks was $140.
The racks from CPC are great, but yeah that’s expensive. Cant be combined with the chips you have on the way?
I’m not sure the size of CPC racks, maybe someone else can chime in.
There has been plenty of talk on PCF about damage to chips below, with the overwhelming majority saying don’t worry about it. I’ve seen a couple photos that were claims to show damage, and for piece of mind, I put clays in Warneke-style paper boxes for long-term storage. But that’s me…there’s tons of members that use regular racks stacked 3, 4 and 5 high without issue.

Justin’s rack suck for CPC, this is due to the artisan nature of CPCs.

I love a top for racks because of storage. I love Justin’s racks for Paulson and at the $15 mark per chip I want the best. My TRKs fit well too.

I think the OP should include @alecnetwoodworks racks. Alec asks what kind of chips and double checks the measurements. The look the best and if you’re only stacking 2 or 3 deep they are great for storage.

The racks from CPC are great, but yeah that’s expensive. Cant be combined with the chips you have on the way?
I’m not sure the size of CPC racks, maybe someone else can chime in.
There has been plenty of talk on PCF about damage to chips below, with the overwhelming majority saying don’t worry about it. I’ve seen a couple photos that were claims to show damage, and for piece of mind, I put clays in Warneke-style paper boxes for long-term storage. But that’s me…there’s tons of members that use regular racks stacked 3, 4 and 5 high without issue.
Yeah, I asked David for shipping racks with the chips. But he said he would still ship them separately. Perhaps something to do with cost of the size/volume of the package. I didn't push, didn't want to irritate him, and thought I may be able to order the same racks elsewhere. Alas, his website doesn't elaborate on the rack's manufacturer so I can't search for an alternate seller.
/ thanks for your other insights too.

Shipped chips in racks in inherently unsafe for the racks. They travel fine in a birdcage, but people don't throw birdcages as much as postal services throw packages.

I've had chips stored 7 high in topless racks for years. Both sloppy fitting and so tight it is impossible to pull out a single chip. No damage to any chip (bottom shelf of a bookcase, temps between 55 and 75 degrees year around.

I do have Bud Jones chips in racks with a lid. I don't hate the lid, but I'm not incentivised to pay more for them.

I currently only use racks for storage, not display, and even that will change greatly once my chip cabinet arrives. The Justin racks are the ones I like for storage in Apache cases because no pressure is put on top of the chips on the lower levels and all are protected from potential degradation from the foam touching them.
i've asked this elsewhere ... i've seen plenty of pics of BrPros or SunFlys or other ceramics in Justin Racks; does anyone know how they work with @Apache China Clays (Dunes, Pharoaohs)?

Shipped chips in racks in inherently unsafe for the racks. They travel fine in a birdcage, but people don't throw birdcages as much as postal services throw packages.

I've had chips stored 7 high in topless racks for years. Both sloppy fitting and so tight it is impossible to pull out a single chip. No damage to any chip (bottom shelf of a bookcase, temps between 55 and 75 degrees year around.
Cool info on temps, haven't seen such posted before. This is for particular chip materials? Ceramics vs clays, or both?

Cool info on temps, haven't seen such posted before. This is for particular chip materials? Ceramics vs clays, or both?
  • Paulsons and BCCs (both clay) are stacked in racks, 7 high (maybe 8 high, I'd really have to check)
  • Bud Jones (soft plastic) are also stacked, but in covered racks.
  • RT plastics are stacked in racks, but only 2 high (in a Pelican-style case).
  • China Clay are stacked in racks in birdcages, 5 high.
  • ABS plastic chips, ceramics, Milanos, and cheap plastic chips are in aluminum cases.

Someone please help! I’m trying to finalize an overseas package and they asked for “And should there be any space left and I'd happily take as many 66.7mm racks

What are these Paulson 66.7 racks? What will they say?

Looking through my racks, all the Paulsons say 24010. Are those the same?

image.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom