Poker Racks (2023) (2 Viewers)

doublebooyah85

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I know there are several threads about poker racks, but a lot has changed since many threads have been posted. Here is my favorite ones and why...would love to hear your opinions/thoughts.

Chipco

PROS - they fit the chips nicely, when players cash out and I throw them a rack its never an issue. A barrel of 20 fits perfectly, with a little bit of spacing left behind.

CONS - there is always plastic nipple or two in each barrel of the rack you must break off to prevent chips from sticking up. They don't fit snug, definately some wiggle room

Paulson / 66.7?

PROS - People seem to love them?

CONS - Hard to find

Unique racks

PROS - Fit very nice and snug, no wiggle room, no shaking. Great for storage / visually

CONS - Tigers and other NAGB chips are so snug, players have a hard time putting a barrel in them for cashing out.

APACHE

PROS - Stack them high, top cover protection, super clear plastic
CONS- lots of free space, you need spacers

@justincarothers Justin Racks

PROS - Fit perfectly, snap in nicely, nice and snug
CONS - Lot of plastic, do you like top covers?

Last edited:
Both my 43mm and Apache case biases shine through, I've loved the justin racks. I definitely think the racks without tops look better. When I settle down someday I hope to have my sets nicely displayed, but for now these are king. Would rather have something rugged that I don't have to worry about versus something prettier that I have to move/adjust.

Both my 43mm and Apache case biases shine through, I've loved the justin racks. I definitely think the racks without tops look better. When I settle down someday I hope to have my sets nicely displayed, but for now these are king. Would rather have something rugged that I don't have to worry about versus something prettier that I have to move/adjust.
The Apache is more clear, shiny nice showcase plastic, but way too much room in them. I think that's what you are saying?

I'm all-in with the Justin racks as well. Covers are not a con, because you can stack them sky high and not worry about the weight of the rack above on the chips.
Plus, take a top off, flip it over, and you have another open rack to bring chips to the tables.

I also us the Versa birdcage cases, and the Justin racks are very easy to grab out of the bottom section.

Last edited:
I currently only use racks for storage, not display, and even that will change greatly once my chip cabinet arrives. The Justin racks are the ones I like for storage in Apache cases because no pressure is put on top of the chips on the lower levels and all are protected from potential degradation from the foam touching them.

I'm all-in with the Justin racks as well. Covers are not a con, because you can stack them sky high and not worry about the weight of the rack above on the chips.
Plus, take a top off, flip it over, and you have another open rack to bring chips to the tables.

I also us the Versa birdcage cases, and the Justin racks are very easy to grab out of the bottom section.

Since I am the new owner of a 1300 set, I was looking for a solution. I was thinking racks in the versa birdcages, but did not know which racks would fit well. This answers that. Thanks!

Since I am the new owner of a 1300 set, I was looking for a solution. I was thinking racks in the versa birdcages, but did not know which racks would fit well. This answers that. Thanks!
Justin racks are ideal for Versa birdcages. They fit snug, protect and are versatile.

I forget who I was going back and forth on this with but here’s pic of Justin rack with used/VG TRKs and Paulsons showing a bunch of room, especially with the TRKs. Yes, that’s 20 hundos with that much room.

It’s not egregious, and they’re the perfect size for most chips but I don’t find them perfect for TRKs and they’re too small for some ceramics and some older stuff like most HHR I’ve tried.

IMG_3990.jpeg

Paulson/unique for used chips

I prefer something a bit looser for new condition chips (ie bud jones racks with rails)

I just went looking to purchase versa bird cages and can only find 600 and 1000. Does versa not make an 800? I was hoping to get two 800 birdcages.

You forgot to include everyone's favorite Brybelly Chip Racks!

PROS: cheap as hell
CONS: very loose fit for paulsons or BRPro chips.

I ordered Justin racks. I love the design. They fit my DDLMs, HHR, and Paulsons. But, I mostly got them to store a ton of "All-in" chips - and they don't fit! :( The All-in chips are a bit on the fatter side and a barrel is about half a mm too wide.

Can anyone recommend a set of racks that are wider than the Justin's AND will fit in Versa birdcages? Apaches, BryBelly, or the generics sold on Spinettis and Apache?

I want to avoid buying a bunch of different samples.

I just went looking to purchase versa bird cages and can only find 600 and 1000. Does versa not make an 800? I was hoping to get two 800 birdcages.
If you're looking at the Versa 1000 birdcage, it comes with a large foam piece in the top that keeps it pretty secure inside even if only transporting 800 chips so I often use mine with less than the full amount depending on the exact breakdown of the tournament that i'm bringing chips for.

Okay, so it is worse than I thought. I put a barrel of the All-ins against a barrel of sharp RHCs and the All-ins are almost an entire chip taller. I recounted the stacks to make sure and yep, 20 in each. So I need racks that are so oversized you can cram 21 Paulsons in them - about 69mm or more. And still fit in a Versa birdcage. Anyone have any suggestions for stock racks out there?

My other options are put 19 per row (I don't like this) or 3d print custom racks - which I could do.

20 of each:
1696277089706.png

21 of RHC (green) and 20 of All-ins (red) - the RHCs are just a hair taller.
1696277146330.png

I don't have calipers, but measuring just under 66mm for RHCs
1696277268181.png

And about 69mm for All-ins!
1696277340553.png

For most chips that are produced in china etc. I've never really heard anyone complain about these racks. This is what most people buy at my work for chips like that. We only sell the 66.7/67.7mm racks online and most people that are buying those know what they should be used for.

Might be worth checking out: https://spinettisgaming.com/product...ray-for-100-chips?_pos=1&_sid=876292324&_ss=r

Outside dimensions:
-8 1/8" Length
-3" Width
-1 1/8" Height

Inside Row Width 68mm

Screenshot 2023-10-02 131528.jpg

For most chips that are produced in china etc. I've never really heard anyone complain about these racks. This is what most people buy at my work for chips like that. We only sell the 66.7/67.7mm racks online and most people that are buying those know what they should be used for.

Might be worth checking out: https://spinettisgaming.com/product...ray-for-100-chips?_pos=1&_sid=876292324&_ss=r

Outside dimensions:
-8 1/8" Length
-3" Width
-1 1/8" Height

Inside Row Width 68mm

View attachment 1204250
Thanks. Those look great, but astoundingly, 68mm may still be too narrow.

Outside dimensions:
-8 1/8" Length
-3" Width
-1 1/8" Height

Inside Row Width 68mm

View attachment 1204250
I picked up a couple of these racks from Spinettis. Good racks, but still not wide enough for these chips.

I did find racks that work: Da Vinci racks off Amazon. One of the reviewers complained that they were too wide and measured them at 70.64mm. So I ordered. My chips fit great. And the racks still fit in the Versa birdcages - a little hard to get in and out though. Design-wise, though, I prefer the Justin racks. Wish they made that rack in a wide design too.

Here is link in case anyone is looking for wide racks.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007XXV7Y

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom