Tiffany and Co. Chip set (4 Viewers)

Eh, if it brings someone joy and is within their means, then I won't judge.

I just paid more than $1k for an empty film can and couldn't be happier!
Not judging. Saying it would go for me. Collect red yarn balls if it makes you happy. Still would pass my test. Enjoy your film can, BTW.

You have got to explain this.
It's a piece that fits right in the intersection of two of my favorite things, Star Wars and The Beatles. Back in 1983, John Williams brought an orchestra to Abbey Road's film recording studio, Anvil Abbey Road Screen Sound Productions. This was from what was likely the 3rd day of scoring, a film can that contained the 3rd reel that they recorded. Hand labeled "Revenge of the Jedi" as it was just barely after Lucas decided to change the name of the film, and has the Anvil Abbey Road logo.

I'm sure some people would look at an empty film can as a stupid purchase, but I freaking love that thing and the history it represents.

It’s what he wanted you to ask, though.

1627429974613.png

Looks like you found my chipset that was given to me by my in-laws. Seems that this set was purchased by my wife's grandfather who passed in 1979. So it was purchased before that time.
IMG_4725.jpeg
IMG_4726.jpeg
IMG_4729.jpeg
IMG_4732.jpeg

Last edited:
Cool pictures! Given the close-ups, I'm prepared to say that those chips are absolutely died mother-of-pearl and not any sort of plastic. Sometimes sets like this are plastic, but not this one!

Cool pictures! Given the close-ups, I'm prepared to say that those chips are absolutely died mother-of-pearl and not any sort of plastic. Sometimes sets like this are plastic, but not this one!
Thanks! They're not plastic at all. It's a very interesting set that I know nothing about. Could be worth a lot, could be worth nothing. Who knows? Just sits on a shelf right now.

Saw this set on Reddit.

I'm sure it's valuable to someone who collects Tiffany and Co. stuff but I'm doubtful anyone would buy this to use in a home game. I could be wrong though.

What's your thoughts on this set?

Link to the Reddit thread with additional pics. The comments are likely to make most chippers here cringe but that's to be expected.

View attachment 402308
Wow. Quite a collectible, the jewelry market is hot so you could sell for a premium if you ever decide

I wouldn’t mind it, but the problem is I have no idea what it’s worth
I wouldn’t mind it, but the problem is I have no idea what it’s worth.
If you don't need the $ keep it, that's a nice display, maybe have a provision in your estate for it so the kids or heirs don't let it go for nothing, or that they must keep it

That's the plan so far. I more was interested in what it is worth and what it was used for. Was it poker, or another game?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom