Cancelled Tiffany & Co. Poker Set for sale or trade (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblingGardener

Two Pair
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
EDIT: Well, rather than selling this set, I ended up buying a few more Tiffany pieces to go with it. I suppose it's just not time to part with it yet. I appreciate everyone that came in to take a look. Definitely a cherished piece in my collection!

Do you already own literally everything? Maybe you're looking for something to do with that nice cash game set that is just lying around? Man, do I have a solution for you! Here is a link to Tiffany's listing for this poker set in their Everyday Objects collection. Retailing for $2,750 dollars before tax, I am ready to make someone a fantastic deal! I purchased this set from a Tiffany employee that won it from a company raffle and doesn't play cards. Since I collect both Tiffany stuff and chips, it was pretty much a no-brainer for me, and it has been living behind glass ever since in one of my display cases. This is more a piece of artwork than a functional poker set, and as such it will not be broken up or separated in any way.
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.00.19 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.40.56 PM.png

The set itself consists of the following:

Lockable leather case in Tiffany Blue. The silver lock accent even still has its plastic film for protection.
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.16.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.05.03 PM.png

Set of silver keys with Tiffany logo on a matching leather loop
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.04.35 PM.png

A sterling silver dealer button
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.03.16 PM.png

Two unopened decks of Tiffany playing cards foiled with silver
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.03.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.04.08 PM.png

100 porcelain chips in Gray, White, black, and Tiffany blue. Each chip is inlaid with a silver ring and the Tiffany logo
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.02.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.00.53 PM.png

Pros of the set:
  • Absolutely beautiful to look at
  • Fantastic statement piece for a chip collection
  • Starts a lot of conversation
  • Comes with a glass case
  • Holy cow is the dealer button nice
  • The chips look and feel super unique
  • This set will increase in value over time
  • It triggers the "yoU HaVe MoRE MoNey thAN SeNSe" crowd hard
Cons of the set:
  • Looking at this set is all your should do with it (obviously not functional for play... whatsoever)
  • Dealer button and silver elements tarnish (but cleans up perfectly with jewelry cleaner I will provide)
  • Telling lots of people no when they ask to shuffle the chips
  • Seriously, you don't want to play poker with this set
  • Gets mixed reviews from the luxury timepiece community, apparently

I am asking for $1,750 USD, fully $1,000 off the retail price. Please also feel free to reach out with trade offers! I love looking at this set, but it might be nice to actually have a set I could play poker with!

Last edited:
Kidding aside, @GamblingGardener , you’d be hard pressed to find someone here who would buy these because they’re poker chips.

I think it’s a lovely showcase piece for a Tiffany collector, but if you know watches, here’s an analogy: it’s like coming to a watch forum where larger sums are spent on collecting timepieces, and trying to sell a Chopard.

You’re relative price is actually great, but I think you’d have a lot more luck with that price on the Tiffany section of eBay.

Either way, welcome, and good luck!

Kidding aside, @GamblingGardener , you’d be hard pressed to find someone here who would buy these because they’re poker chips.

I think it’s a lovely showcase piece for a Tiffany collector, but if you know watches, here’s an analogy: it’s like coming to a watch forum where larger sums are spent on collecting timepieces, and trying to sell a Chopard.

You’re relative price is actually great, but I think you’d have a lot more luck with that price on the Tiffany section of eBay.

Either way, welcome, and good luck!
That's being a bit kind to the chips and harsh on Chopard lol, I'd say Burberry watch would be appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom