Poker Chip Grading Scale (1 Viewer)

Yeah, but then what would be the purpose of a thread entitled Poker Chip Grading Scale?
you misunderstand me, I am all for a poker chip grading scale, and as someone already mentioned, The CCA definitions are fine. In the chip world, mint is mint, which means unused. Once you use them, they are no longer mint, but slightly used, and then all the various grades after slightly used.....

There is no standard grading because the hobby has successfully resisted slabbing. My nice single chips are all exposed to air, I handle them regularly, and the condition has not degraded even .01 on a 10-scale on any of them. This can never be true for almost all other collectibles such as on card action figures, coins, ccg cards, stamps, or sports cards.
Yes! Down with airtites! Let the chips breathe! Touch them!

A member once offered these chips to me and claimed them as mint. They originally provided me with pictures of the faces and only sent me this photo after asking for it. When I questioned their assessment of "near mint/mint" they told me that chip condition is "subjective" and basically doubled down. I don't know much around here but I know that these chips should never, ever be referred to as mint.

Be careful out there, folks.

View attachment 1278034
Don’t deal with dummies.

I use a pretty simple grading system

1708531036604.gif

1708530815882.gif

1708532087912.gif

1708532204559.gif

1708531295193.gif

1708531334361.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom