SOLD Palais des Congres 500 chip rare Leaded THC Set (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonysquander

Full House
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
AUCTION ENDS ON
Jan 1, 2024
AUCTION ENDS AT
9:00 PM Eastern Time
STARTING BID
$4000
MINIMUM BID INCREMENT
$25
PAYMENTS ACCEPTED
  1. PayPal F&F
SHIPPING TERMS
Winner Pays
SHIPS VIA
USPS Medium Flat Rate Box
AUCTION GUIDELINES
    1. The highest bid at the closing time listed above will win. If there is a bid within 5 minutes of the closing time (original or extended closing time), 5 minutes shall be added to the time of the last bid, until there are no bids within the final 5 minutes. Because seconds are not displayed on post timestamps, these examples will be used as a reference.
    2. No Reserve. The Starting Bid of this auction will be treated as the Reserve Price.
    3. Bids must be placed in whole US dollars, using numbers in minimum increments as stated above. (bids using images or spelled out numbers are not valid)
    4. All bids are to be placed openly in this thread. No bids via Private Message/Convo. Sellers are not permitted to bid on their own auctions.
    5. The seller reserves the right to edit the listing to clarify statements or correct any errors.
    6. Once a valid bid is made, the auction can not be canceled. Bid edits and/or retractions are not permitted. Violations of this rule will result in discipline at the discretion of PCF Admins and/or Moderators.
    7. PCF (its Owner, Admins, and Moderators) are not responsible for any actions or outcomes that take place in this auction.
IIFgaHg.jpeg

Hello all,

I have agreed to assist PCF member @HoofHeartedInHere sell his beloved Palais des Congres 500-piece poker chip set. He is unable to handle these matters himself due to ongoing health issues, which are discussed more fully in this thread he posted last year (and which also has additional pictures of the chips):

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/paulson-thc-palais-des-congres-pdc-500-chip-set.100688/

As you can see in that thread, he suffers from a terrible and debilitating disease. Although he offered, I declined to accept any sort of payment for my involvement in assisting him. He arranged to have the PdC chips delivered to me today, and I am in now possession of the chips as you can see from my photos. Rest assured, they are real and they are spectacular.

The auction winner will make payment directly to @HoofHeartedInHere's PPFF account. If the buyer wants to pick them up in DFW and pay cash, that is acceptable as well. Once he tells me the funds have been received, I will ship the chips out at actual cost to the buyer utilizing whichever service the buyer wishes. I will obtain quotes and the buyer will reimburse me for the actual shipping cost. I use Pirate Ship so you will be receiving the best discounted shipping rate available.

I recommend shipping in a USPS MFRB, but the buyer will have the option to utilize other shipping services if they wish. I also highly recommend the buyer purchase insurance for the full value of the shipment, but that is also their choice. Risk of loss will pass to buyer upon my handing the package over to the postal service. I will personally hand them over to a counter attendant and obtain a receipt which will be provided to the buyer.

This lot includes all chip denominations made for this set, including a rack plus of snappers and original $1s, which I have never seen listed for sale in this quantity before. These are original, leaded THC textured and shaped inlays. There is a random flea bite here and there on a few of the $1s, see pictures for condition (rack shots rotated 180 degrees). The total bank of $4,937.50 is more than enough for a respectable home cash game.

The chip breakdown is:
$1 x 125
$2.50 x 125
$5 x 100
$10 x 50
$20 x 50
$50 x 50

More historical information and additional photos of what these rare chips look like when fully cleaned up can be found in this thread:

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/unofficial-palais-des-congres-pdc-pr0n-thread.47489/

If you would like additional photographs or need additional information, please do not hesitate to reach out. This is a rare opportunity to purchase a unicorn set and, I think more importantly, a rare opportunity to help out a fellow chipper in his time of need.

Good luck with your bidding,

TS

DqNTsPV.jpeg
2p3V4nB.jpeg
UaTt6R9.jpeg
ppHGdjc.jpeg
Z5eisTy.jpeg
KehOm2G.jpeg
Re2nOCY.jpeg
T7casnS.jpeg
V14llgB.jpeg
cV61hpQ.jpeg
tXL3h0v.jpeg
i4H2cSJ.jpeg
ybt8vZV.jpeg
RTjH0yc.jpeg
JPoo2pJ.jpeg

IFnWlVf.jpeg

GLWA! If anyone is on the fence about these, I can tell you that they are spectacular leaded Paulsons. They were my first set, and I stupidly sold them years and years ago, only to finally reacquire a set a couple of years ago. They are in my “never-sell” column, in the company of some other real heavy-hitters that I own.

Status
Not open for further replies.