The Karl's are dead. Long live the Karl's..... (1 Viewer)

Josh Kifer

Royal Flush
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone loves the Karl's... But, those damn NCV and off denoms make them a little harder to use. So, as my first ever Milling project..
XxueyeR.jpg

(Picture stolen From jeep)

So. I built a rig, made a Jig.... And here we go!

IMG_20200124_163856.jpg

And.... Perfection.....

IMG_20200124_171047.jpg
IMG_20200124_151408.jpg

Now. Two more racks of THC yellows must be sacrificed!

Only time will tell if milling was the best or worst thing to ever happen to this hobby lol
I was against milling when I started. Took a few years to appreciate it but not really get it. @wonderpuddle kinda flipped the script. Then I got the HK 10s.... And the Claim Stakes.... And options being thin, these were perfect for a Frac.

I will never forgive myself for selling these! :( They were safe and sound in my chip china cabinet before they were unsolicitedly bought just to be sent to their doom.
If it makes you feel any better. They are going to be getting a Karl's Silver Club Laminated inlay, so it shall stay a Karl's club chip.....

The thought of milling chips was originally an unheard of idea... however I have completely changed my mind and think it might be the only way to bring otherwise unusable chips into the realm of playability !!!

You snag a rack of incredible hotstamped TH&C chips but they have some horrible denomination or they are a singleton and you won’t ever be bale to put a mixed set or complete set together... Mill ‘em!

Seems you're doing something right, those mill jobs look to be dead center.
Been thinking about milling myself but see a lot of off center results.
Did it take a lot of tries or adjustments to get it centered like that?
7 test chips. But, first chip was pretty dead on.

Edit - now, depth took a bit more....

Attachments

• IMG_20200122_162412.jpg
    IMG_20200122_162412.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 159

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom