It's been a long time... (2 Viewers)

RudysNYC

Flush
Reaction score

It’s been a loooooooong time since I’ve been on PCF. As the great Steve Somers would ask, “and who’s fault is that?” Mine, no question. Good to be back—I hope to reconnect with many of you individually over the next few days. I missed you all (and poker) dearly.

I think I mentioned it a few times, but the first year of law school really rocked me. Even though I largely put poker to rest by the end of my first year, I went “monk mode” thereafter. My only duties for the past two years have been to read, eat, and sleep (in that order). I can’t recall the last time I played live poker, and outside of one trip to AC (for the NJ State Bar Convention, “networking”), I haven’t even touched a poker chip. (I can’t really complain, as I certainly pulled everything together and am now thriving.) The whole Poppin thing was a real punch to the gut too.

As I geared up for the start of my last semester (“3LOL”), I started feeling the indescribable pull of the felt again. I lurked PCF a few times just to check in on the State of the Forum, but hesitated on logging back in for good (that I lost access to the signup email until yesterday didn’t help). A few nights ago, though, I got a sign from Someone that I must return to PCF. I’m in a group chat with a handful of friends and friends-of-friends—all of a sudden one of the latter announces that he’s bought into a private, no-rake game in a major American city for a substantial sum of money… Consider my interest piqued.

He follows up by sending a picture of his starting stack. Being a chipper is like riding a bike; doesn’t matter how much time you spend away, you never lose the underlying muscle memory. First thing that caught my eye—the THC mold, unmistakably present on the customized chips at this high-stakes home game. “Holy sh!t,” I said, “no shot this guy sent a picture of @Krish’s home game.” Then, almost instantaneously, my eyes caught the ceramic nips on the sides, the one dead giveaway of China ceramics. “No f*****g way I disappear for a bit and Tina develops a THC mold.” I was all of floored, amazed, proud, and mildly disturbed. (For the record, I doubt that either Krish or Tina are behind this.) Only a chipper goes through the hassle to get THCs (however fugazi) in their home game, and only a chipper or (dumb) counterfeiter would pay to have that custom mold made.

IMG_8951.JPG
8dd645bdfe4a5daef416207008ae2879.JPG

I don’t know what you crazy bastards have been up to while I’ve been monk’ing it, but I’m glad to be back (damn THCards mold, ffs!). Hope to reconnect with many of you soon!

Good to see you back bud, I hope things are going well with law school!

Welcome back to PCF,

The "THC" mold does look a little bit different from the "RHC" tina version mold or is it just my eye playing trick on me ?

Also, it looks like ARIA was the base for those chips too

Good to see you back bud, I hope things are going well with law school!
Irish my man, the Prince of PNYs! Things are stellar. Hope all's well on your end too!
Welcome back to PCF,

The "THC" mold does look a little bit different from the "RHC" tina version mold or is it just my eye playing trick on me ?

Also, it looks like ARIA was the base for those chips too
Are you telling me that since I've been gone, a f*****g H&C mold was knocked off BY TINA? What next, you're going to tell me Paulson is serving the home market again?

Welcome back! The ceramic game has definitely taken a huge leap. Lots of great options that give great value.

Welcome back!

Personally, I think the TinaHC chips are the perfect compliment to my collection of fake Rolexes, counterfeit Louis Vuitton handbags and knock-off Nike shoes. Now all I need is a Porsche 911 Turbo S body kit to convert my 1998 Honda Civic with and I’ll be truly living the dream!
I generally agree with you--although I think it's f'n hilarious and now that my 2021 chipping lens has been shattered, I'm tempted to give it all a pass. If "the company" hasn't sent legal notices to people buying them and people are just doing fun sh!t with it, is it that bad?

If I tuck myself into a fake Hermes blanket at night because it's warmer than the Amazon Basics one, is it the same as wearing a fake Rolex to Peter Luger's? I doubt it.

(“3LOL”)
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Welcome back. And don't worry about the upcoming bar exam. Everything any professor said in the last 3 years and anything that was in any textbook, plus more will be on it. Wait, do you guys even use textbooks?

Anyway, I'm sure you'll do fine.

In reality, so many dumb mfers pass the bar every year. It's about preparation, not memorization. You'll kill it.

so many dumb mfers pass the bar every year.
Last year, the least functional human being I've ever encountered got a high enough score to practice in any UBE jurisdiction... reassured me to say the least.
It's about preparation, not memorization. You'll kill it.
Which is why I signed up for the same prep course he took! Thanks for the encouragement!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom