My experience with Tina's hybrid RHC (Trigger Warning) (5 Viewers)

SoupHQ

Pair
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to share my experience with ordering from Tina. This may trigger some of you, because I ordered Top Hat & Cane Chips. I got some samples before ordering - I disliked the Cards Mold, although I liked the idea of having a mold. I liked the texture of the NoMolds so I came across their hybrid RHC and I loved them.

Ordered 800 Chips at a price of 0.32c/Pc to Germany. Chips were $256 + Shipping $166 = $422
And I just had to pay $25 Tax so all in all I paid about $450.
Ordered on 5/4/23, on 5/18/23 they were ready for shipping and got the Chips 4 Days later on 5/22/23.
Instead of 800 Chips I got 830.

And what can I say - they look absolutely fantastic. Perfectly aligned edges on every Chip I looked at. They stack like bricks. I tested it until I had 125 Chips stacked and just stopped because my cat jumped on the table (and because I started to feel like a psycho sitting at my table stacking chips with a huge smile on my face..). Not a single Spinner so far.
Now i have to order the inlay stickers - already got some samples from a company in Germany.

I ordered some different designs because I had the idea to build two small Cashgame Sets:
10c / 50c / $2 / $10
and
25c / $1 / $5 / $20 .. just to have enough Chipdesigns to be flexible. And why not.. it was cheap. Designwise I stole some ideas from other designs (Mirage, Bally's, Bellagio, etc) and they all look fantastic.

Tina told me afterwards she thought i was a Shopowner. Maybe that’s why I got samples beforehand, some extra Chips and the shipping was so fast?

Here some Pictures:
IMG_0300.jpeg
IMG_0301.jpeg
IMG_0302.jpeg
IMG_0303.jpeg
IMG_0304.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats on your chips. Looking forward to seeing what labels you settle on. FYI the Paulson mold these were copied from is the RHC mold however the reverse hat has been unreversed so to speak. Top Hat and Cane generally refers to the SCV/LCV molds that o PCF are generally grouped together and are referred to as THC.

I still find it so strange that who ever from PCF commissioned or assisted in commissioning this mold didn't even have the foresight to "fix" the issue with the RHC mold to begin with. I really hope these dont suffer from the same flea bite issue, but I kind of hope they do just so we can laugh at the irony of copying over a defect. Kind of like copying someones homework even the parts they got wrong.

Last edited:
Ceramic is extremely hard. Can not imagine that flea bites will be an issue.
They are plastic. The word ceramic is a marketing word.
The black chip look cool. Are the little white dots dust, part of the design or imperfections of the printing?
Those are to replicate the metal flakes in a Paulson chip.

Wow. This is awesome. I had no idea this was an option! Can you order the chips with inlays? Or do you have to find/apply your own label?

You can order the Inlays too but from what i saw they dont have a good quality.

Absolutly. I assumed that everybody knows that. But maybe not everbody. Always good to clarify!
Yeah, I just get nerdy sometimes. In an old life, I did some nerdy things that involved hardness calibration. Ceramics can actually be 2x-4x harder than stainless steel.

Ok, I’ll stop spamming and nerding this thread up

Yeah, I just get nerdy sometimes. In an old life, I did some nerdy things that involved hardness calibration. Ceramics can actually be 2x-4x harder than stainless steel.

Ok, I’ll stop spamming and nerding this thread up
Yep…now my mind is in the gutter. Again.

They look great, I wonder if they will garner the attention of Angel now?

The bellagio no molds are plastic? I thought they were ceramic.
Not a single “ceramic” chip, is made of ceramic. Ceramics are in an entirely different atmosphere of hardness compared to many things we use of a poker table.

I’d say the use of the word ceramic in plastic poker chips is like reading “military grade aluminum” on other things. It’s a gimmicky angle shoot to garner attention and promote a desire to purchase. Marketing shenanigans.

Actual ceramic while very hard is also quite brittle. I think I'd prefer my chips made of plastic than ceramic.
Yes, this. That’s why I state not a single “ceramic” chip, is actually ceramic. They would flea bite and crack constantly, way worse than real clays.

Ceramic would be a horrible choice for chips.

Last edited:
These chips look very tempting... and I hate them from the bottom of my heart at the same time.

In my humble opinion, using the top hat and cane is a line that should not have been crossed. For me that is where counterfeiting, pirating and faking begins. I think we can all imagine pictures being slightly more blurry than these being used on eBay to trick buyers.

In another forum where i have been a member for a long time there is a policy in effect, which i like a lot. It is a forum around watches, not exclusively luxury ones but mostly. As lots of people like the timeless design of a Rolex or Panerai, there is of course an abundance of chinese replicas and lookalikes available for more or less any of their models (and a couple of other companies). Posting pictures or classifieds of those replicas is allowed under only one condition and that is: no fakes/trademark violations. Making and selling a watch that looks exactly like a Rolex Submariner is actually completely legal, as long as it doesn't pose to be one. So clean replicas without company name or trademarks (like the crown or similar) are fine.

Whether PCF will adapt a similar policy is not my decision obviously and as a very new member most likely even one where my opinion doesn't matter at all, but i still wanted to share my point of view here.

Disclaimer: I don't even more than a handful nor do I plan to purchase any RHC chips. All the chips i have more than a shuffle stack from are L-Mold, Nevada Mold, HHR, Hub Mold, T Mold or Borland Suits Mold and CSQ. So I am not affected personally.

I doubt this forum is where those kinds of guidelines need to be put in place, eBay or marketplace would be the most likely culprits. This is PCF, and, like it or not, these chips will be used in the home market as scoring pieces for various card games. Post pics of your chips, whatever they may be. Perhaps in the "classified" section there could be a need for pertinent legalese.

Without getting into the “triggering” aspects of this issue, I think they’re strangely ugly. Something about the hats and canes being not quite right, and the fact that this chip has more shoulder than an RHC, which makes that hats and canes look a bit small, and the fact that they’re not centered on the shoulder - there’s a lot of things about this mold that aren’t quite right, so I guess I’m seeing a fairly flawed copy of a mold that’s flawed to begin with.

So triggering or hot, there’s something about them that is very displeasing to my eye.
088C599D-1391-4F34-AAD0-A05C1EF9981A.jpeg

Without getting into the “triggering” aspects of this issue, I think they’re strangely ugly. Something about the hats and canes being not quite right, and the fact that this chip has more shoulder than an RHC, which makes that hats and canes look a bit small, and the fact that they’re not centered on the shoulder - there’s a lot of things about this mold that aren’t quite right, so I guess I’m seeing a fairly flawed copy of a mold that’s flawed to begin with.

So triggering or hot, there’s something about them that is very displeasing to my eye.
View attachment 1138716
That's kind of where I am...I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but, they don't quite look right, to me. I would never confuse those colors with Paulson chips.

View attachment 1138716

I get there will be hate on the top hat and cane mold, but that looks like legit cross hatching.

Recessed inlay to cut down on spinners and cross hatching to reduce slippery-ness, that's a plus in my book.

Yes, this. That’s why I state not a single “ceramic” chip, is actually ceramic. They would flea bite and crack constantly, way worse than real clays.

Ceramic would be a horrible choice for chips.
So. All “ceramics” are just plastics? As far as chips are concerned? Asking because it seems you have expert knowledge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom