Presenting: The Camellia Club (Bicycle Club tribute) (1 Viewer)

daschuck77

Two Pair
Reaction score
I love the 1980's 3D14 dominated Bicycle Club house mold Paulsons and want to tailor them to reflect elements of where I live in Virginia...even though it is a Cali set! I live in the Camellia Gardens area of Norfolk, Virginia and also quite close to Norfolk Botanical Gardens which is the state's largest botanical garden.

https://norfolkbotanicalgarden.org/collections/camellia/

My wife also built out a cottage garden at our house (yup its got Camellias) and so graciously allotted me a portion of the garage to 'degen-trify' and host games once again. She's excited about the name I chose and it all just fits for us.

BC.png

The cash set will be big enough to support 25c/25c and all the way up to a tame 2/5, however, I mostly see us playing .50/1.

Designer: @mattross1313 Top class talent! Totally awesome to work, laugh, and learn with as we worked (and continue work) on this project. He seemed to connect with the idea also and worked meticulously on so many details. Even though I figured this to initially be a simple tribute set to design, there was so much eye-opening work to be done on each chip...there were different fonts to hunt down, varying denomination number sizing, and varying degrees of de-bossing treatments to get right so the faux house mold and inlay border effects looked right on each chip. It was fun to get in the weeds with this. We're shooting for a retro vibe with a slightly natural white color to the inlays on the non-hot stamp chips and think it will really deliver that vibe as well. I have "no ragrets" working with Matt. Not even one letter. ;) :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

@Sprouty. What a gem! Owned a bunch of Bicycle Club chips and a full paulson color sample set. Took the time to line up the OG Bike chips and color samples to really help us better visualize and dial in the correct colors as best as we could. Such an impactful and kind assist. I'm deeply appreciative!

2. Family/Friends focus group. Wife, Brother-in-law, and @brains613 for their eyeballs and advice as we worked through various iterations.

Production: @BR Pro Poker. They certainly must be busier than a termite in a saw mill during this time of year but Gene has been pretty great to work and communicate with as well!

Current Status: DELIVERED! See photos below!
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...-club-bicycle-club-tribute.92800/post-1993378

I am very happy. Simple, clean, and retro.

Thanks for checking out the Camellia Club and I'd love to discuss or answer any comments or questions!

39mm

25c, 50c, $1, $5, $10, and "Camellia Club Poker Garage" Ball marker/souvenir chip

Asset 7.png

43mm
$20, $100

Asset 5 (2).png

60mm Dealer Buttons

CCDBR.png

ccdbwht.png

Last edited:
Kristil has been great to work with since she's returned from maternity leave. Everything is finalized and they are doing the final printing of the chips and dealer buttons now.

Meanwhile, some new custom signage showed up yesterday.

IMG_20220921_193046005.jpg

Last edited:
The Camellia Clubs have arrived! It took 5 rounds of prototypes and some major finessing but we got over the finish line! Big thanks to @mattross1313! We also instantly benefitted from the triumphant return of the mighty Kristil from maternity leave to quickly get the project buttoned up and me out of @BR Pro Poker's life (for now ;) )

Also to repeat, I am grateful to @Sprouty for tons of color matching help and to @brains613 for his input and help getting my garage ready to roll!

CAMELLIA CLUB FAMILY PORTRAIT:

1666618560027.jpeg

Overhead Drone shot:
1666618689269.jpeg

Dealer Buttons - 60mm (Rosetti's Design on the left and an old Bicycle Club Match book inspired button on the right)
1666619196317.jpeg

39mm 'Challenge Chip' (Inspired by the Bicycle Club 'Poker College' Ante chip)
1666618763955.jpeg

25c - 39mm:
1666618950593.jpeg

50c - 39mm:

1666618979583.jpeg

$1 - 39mm
1666619046979.jpeg

$5 - 39mm
1666619072581.jpeg

$10 - 39mm
1666619101212.jpeg

$20 - 43mm

1666619132413.jpeg

$100 - 43mm
1666619166402.jpeg

$.50/1 splashed pot (simulation)

1666640708408.jpeg

*****Extra Credit Assignment*****

If I can ever find more info on its mysterious existence, there may be a 43mm $25 dollar chip on the horizon inspired by the Bicycle Club $25 dollar chip. I discovered it existed well after the project started. This is the only photo I could find.

1666619976886.png

If any old school Bicycle Club fans have any amplifying information, photos, or other artifacts on its existence, I'd be deeply appreciative!

I will be working getting sample sets together soon if anyone is interested. I hope you all enjoy the chips!

Last edited:
As someone who's interested in faux-house molds, these are fantastic to see! Very nicely done and that $1 is just a beaut!

Kristil has been great to work with since she's returned from maternity leave. Everything is finalized and they are doing the final printing of the chips and dealer buttons now.

Meanwhile, some new custom signage showed up yesterday.

View attachment 991122
Super Jelly, would you share where / who you got the signs from? o_O
Pa-weeese!

These turned out great! The $1 is beautiful. My daughter's name is Camellia. Love the inspiration behind the set.

*****Extra Credit Assignment*****

If I can ever find more info on it's mysterious existence, there may be a 43mm $25 dollar chip on the horizon inspired by the Bicycle Club $25 dollar chip. I discovered it existed well after the project started. This is the only photo I could find.

View attachment 1012272

If any old school Bicycle Club fans have any amplifying information, photos, or other artifacts on its existence, I'd be deeply appreciative!

I will be working getting sample sets together soon if anyone is interested. I hope you all enjoy the chips!
@TRKingChips @leo822 @ReallyGoodUsername

Great chips to copy
Great inspiration
View attachment 1013209

Those are absolutely beautiful :love: and easily my favorite fractional chips! They have it all, great base and spot colors, 3D14, beautiful stamps, and a great house mold! It was a mild bummer that we were a little limited in not being able to get day glow peach or fluorescent type colors (arc yellow spot on 25c) on the ceramics but we gave it our best shot and am very happy with the result!

IMG_20221023_090910510.jpg

Last edited:
Can't help it...already doing add-ons! I didn't see any help with the Bicycle Club $25 earlier so I am taking a shot at it based on that rare, obscure photo of it. I think the 43mm $25 will turn out well! Also, doing adding in a blue 'memberchip' chip as well...it better matches the aesthetic of the garage a little bit better. Thanks to @Machine for some color code assistance. Many thanks once again to @mattross1313. Can't recommend him enough for your custom project ideas and to savagely take several of your PCF comments to the 'out of context' thread! :LOL: :laugh:

Screenshot 2022-11-10 at 14.20.10.png

1668177860607.png

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom