The Canoe Club-Tournament Set (CPC) (2 Viewers)

Did I totally miss a design thread for these?

Congrats on a great job. Inlays and clay design are both awesome.

Did I totally miss a design thread for these?

Congrats on a great job. Inlays and clay design are both awesome.
Yes and no.

I did put out a thread initially soliciting feedback for a quarter pie design with a similar theme to the BCC Riverboats.

Link here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...tions-for-my-1-4-pie-edge-spot-cpc-set.56046/

I fell in love with those chips but was able to snag a playable single table set off of eBay just a few weeks later. I think I unintentionally used up my "one time" on being able to acquire that set :p

As I no longer had a need for a quarter pie set, things kind of snowballed from there to make it a fully custom set with various spots instead of a singular spot, and after at least 20 different mock ups soliciting feedback from a small group of local PCF'ers, what you see here is what I ended up with.

I have a cash set on the MD-50 mold in the works with a J5 designed inlay coming up next year that I'm really excited for. I'm only seeking feedback here and there from my same group of locals, but I will say that the cash set came together much quicker than this set did. Also have cash set equivalents of this set and a tournament set equivalent of the MD-50 set that I have in the works, but with the exception of just asking one singular chipping friend to make sure that there are no dirty stack/pot issues in the set, I'm essentially going at those two totally alone with the exception of having J5 help out with the inlay artwork. Stay tuned!

lol, I was looking back through the pics and noticed that little canoe again. You have to figure out a way to integrate that thing into a game. Maybe when a person goes all-in, they have to ask for the canoe, put their chips in and float it out to the middle of the table. :D

lol, I was looking back through the pics and noticed that little canoe again. You have to figure out a way to integrate that thing into a game. Maybe when a person goes all-in, they have to ask for the canoe, put their chips in and float it out to the middle of the table. :D
I have lots of ideas for the canoe. It can be used for all ins, chips go into the canoe and if the person going all in loses and busts, the winner can tip the canoe and the chips over and "capsize" them as the bounty indicates.

For cash games when that set gets made, I can use it as the bomb pot object indicating when a bomb pot is taking place. It gets passed around the table and put in the middle when everyone puts their antes in preflop.

Joe, this set is really something. I have similar fond memories of my youth, growing up on the rivers and lakes of Northern Michigan. I am absolutely inspired. Copycat set coming soon! :cool

Joe, is it just me, or is your hundo inspired by the Coke Giraffe $20?

20210814_220210.jpg

20201021_222117.jpg

Damn:eek::eek: This set is just insane! Very well done and congrats.

PS: Also interested in a sample set

Well done. Very nice set and backstory. Enjoy them, and hope they will be lucky for you and that you will pull many big pots with them

Incredible set! Gorgeous!

fyi
not sure if already mentioned, there is an error 5000 chip in your pics

Incredible set! Gorgeous!

fyi
not sure if already mentioned, there is an error 5000 chip in your pics
Can you show me which picture? If it's where I think it is I think I already know about that one. If it's something else, I missed it lol

@JMC9389 your T25 and T100 chips are among my favorite custom CPC chips of all time, and they look great next to each other too!
Thank you! I was concerned initially with how light green and light blue would blend together, especially next to each other in a stack, but I think they played well off each other. A little hard to tell if there was a T100 in a stack of T25 if there was a dirty stack from across the table, but if the chips are all laid out in the pot and not next to each other, no problems at all trying to see how much someone has left or how much is in the pot.
20210912_181052.jpg
20210912_185257.jpg
20210912_210054.jpg

@JMC9389 your T25 and T100 chips are among my favorite custom CPC chips of all time, and they look great next to each other too!
The unconventional light blue 100 is my favorite. This is what I love most about custom sets here. I get to see others ideas... whether it be inlay design or color combos that I wouldn’t have considered put to life. It’s when you see this creativity put to life you realize how awesome it is.

The unconventional light blue 100 is my favorite. This is what I love most about custom sets here. I get to see others ideas... whether it be inlay design or color combos that I wouldn’t have considered put to life. It’s when you see this creativity put to life you realize how awesome it is.
I definitely found motivation from other chips and custom sets in building this set. My next project, though, I'm totally building from the ground up without any motivation or tribute to any other chip. I'm nervously excited to have it brought to life....in 2023 lol. Gotta save up the cash first!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom