The Canoe Club-Tournament Set (CPC) (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score

Manufacturer: Classic Poker Chips (CPC)

Inlay Designer: @timinater

The Story: Growing up, I lived in a town in which a river runs through and divided the two sides of town. Around the corner from my childhood home, there still stands a small log cabin sitting on the river bank that has been a canoe rental business since before I was born called (Hometown name redacted) Canoe Club. For many generations, those that lived in my hometown and the towns surrounding took advantage and rented out the canoes, and as of just a few years ago, kayaks as well from Memorial Day onward throughout the warm months of summer until it was too cold to be out on the water. This place has been a mainstay in the community for more than the past 100 years. It was one of my favorite places growing up as a kid to go to. It was a rite of passage to be able to take a couple of canoes out with friends without supervision of parents and successfully be able to tip each other over into the dirty green/brown water of the river. This was of course in the days before everyone carried a cell phone on them at all times, so it was all in good fun. Some of my fondest memories from my childhood with my friends and family of going out onto the river on the canoes and kayaks are associated with this place.

To this day, I try to get out on the water with a kayak as much as I possibly can. It’s my go to activity whenever there’s a large open body of water around. There’s something relaxing to me about being out on the water with just the sounds of nature but otherwise being left to just your own thoughts. There’s peace and quiet with none of the peripheral noise usually encountered in daily life. Having a full-time job and family doesn’t make it feasible for me to own my own kayak or canoe, but one day, part of my ideal retirement is to be living close to a body of water to be able to get out there as much as I can to splash some water with the paddles and oars in addition to splashing pots, to be left to my own thoughts and enjoying only what is around me.

If you don’t know me by now, all of my customs and relabel projects in this hobby all have a significantly deep personal significance to them. This set is no different. This set is an homage and a reminder of those care free days going out on the water with friends and family. In designing this set, I tried to incorporate colors going through the active canoeing and kayaking seasons, from the greens and blues of spring, to the yellow/green of summer, to the oranges, reds, and pinks of the fall of the end of the season. @timinater was awesome to work with and was very patient in putting up with my fickle, yet picky self, but at the end of the day, it as well worth the work and thought put in. I can’t wait to get these onto the felt and to share the game action shots with the community here. I want to thank all of those whom I bounced ideas off of, sought counsel with, and helped make this set come to life. You all know who you are!

Without further ado, the pron:

Here are the individual denominations first:

T5: Base: DG Yellow, Spot Pattern, ¼ Pie, Spot Color: DG Pink

T25: Base: Light Green, Spot Pattern: 3V12, Spot Colors: Green, Canary

T100: Base: Light Blue, Spot Pattern: 3D14, Spot Colors: Blue, DG Tiger

T500: Base: Blurple, Spot Pattern: 4D14, Spot Colors: Bright White, Retro Red

T1000: Base: DG Peach, Spot Pattern, 314318, Spot Colors: DG Peacock, DG Yellow

T5000: Base: Charcoal, Spot Pattern: 8D18, Spot Colors: DG Pink, DG Arc Yellow

T25000: Base: Bright White, Spot Pattern: 312, Spot Color: Retro Blue

Bounty: Base: DG Peacock, Spot Pattern: 412, Spot Colors: DG Yellow, Bright White

Member: Base: Black, Spot Pattern: Trimoon, Spot Colors: Mandarin Red, Imperial Blue, Gray

Set and splash photos are in the posts below:

I absolutely love sets that have a personal connection to the creator. When I saw this initial design I was trying to figure out what it's connection to you actually was. I was hoping that you'd post a story like this, and here it is.

So well done! Each chip, each inlay! Congrats to you and also hats off to @timinater for the inlay work!

edit: and, of course, interested in samples if available! :LOL: :laugh:

Blurple chip is the surprise favorite for me. Nice and clean inlay too. Great set Joe
This is a thought that crossed my mind. The biggest surprise (in a good way) to me was how well the T500 chip came out. Way exceeded my expectations.

So well done! Each chip, each inlay! Congrats to you and also hats off to @timinater for the inlay work!

edit: and, of course, interested in samples if available! :LOL: :laugh:
I'm not sure yet, but I already have a small add on for this set planned. The numbers may not work for me to do a run for sample sets unless there's a huge amount of interest in them, and even then, I wouldn't be too keen on reshipping tens of packages.
very, very well done.

"B" mold for "Boat"??
Precisely!

So here's the thing about sample sets.

I have a cash set with the same "Canoe Club" theme in the works that I plan on placing the order on next year, maybe 6 to 9 months from now depending on how things go. That order is going to be on the smaller side, maybe 700 or so chips plus extras, just a single table set that can cover a variety of stakes. 200 each fracs and $1's, 250ish $5's, and 50 or so $25's. Four different denominations.

Doing sample sets for this set would add seven different, unique chips to the order for a total of eleven unique chips. A T5, T25, T100, T500, T1000, T5000, and T25000. Per CPC and David's rules, the order would have to be at least 1100 chips for the order to go through (average 100 of each denomination). I was already planning on doing a small add on of this set. Initially I was only going to do 40 or so more T1000's, as I know that I'm a bit light on those at 120 only, even if the intent is to be able cover two 8 player tables. If I add 60 T1000's, 40 each T25's and T100's, and 20 more T500's to give the set a complete two tables of 10 players capability, that would be 860 chips. If my math is correct, that would entail needing to order 240 more chips for the order to go through. That would require at least 35 folks interested in sample sets. Attainable? Yes, I think, but I'm not so sure. I'll put up an interest thread at the end of the year and if the numbers work and there's sufficient interest, we'll do it. I'd take payment ahead of time and shipping expenses to be paid upon receipt of the chips and being mailed out. I'd also ask for a couple of volunteers to be regional re-shippers. For example, I'd ask one EU member to take all EU orders and distribute to receive from a re-shipper of theirs.

I have a cash set with the same "Canoe Club" theme in the works that I plan on placing the order on next year, maybe 6 to 9 months from now depending on how things go. That order is going to be on the smaller side, maybe 700 or so chips plus extras, just a single table set that can cover a variety of stakes. 200 each fracs and $1's, 250ish $5's, and 50 or so $25's. Four different denominations.

Doing sample sets for this set would add seven different, unique chips to the order for a total of eleven unique chips. A T5, T25, T100, T500, T1000, T5000, and T25000. Per CPC and David's rules, the order would have to be at least 1100 chips for the order to go through (average 100 of each denomination). I was already planning on doing a small add on of this set. Initially I was only going to do 40 or so more T1000's, as I know that I'm a bit light on those at 120 only, even if the intent is to be able cover two 8 player tables. If I add 60 T1000's, 40 each T25's and T100's, and 20 more T500's to give the set a complete two tables of 10 players capability, that would be 860 chips. If my math is correct, that would entail needing to order 240 more chips for the order to go through. That would require at least 35 folks interested in sample sets. Attainable? Yes, I think, but I'm not so sure. I'll put up an interest thread at the end of the year and if the numbers work and there's sufficient interest, we'll do it. I'd take payment ahead of time and shipping expenses to be paid upon receipt of the chips and being mailed out. I'd also ask for a couple of volunteers to be regional re-shippers. For example, I'd ask one EU member to take all EU orders and distribute to receive from a re-shipper of theirs.
Amazing Tourney Set. Can't wait to see the cash set. Hitting 35 people for samples will be a breeze. Count me in already!

I would be happy to reship to the EU :tup:

IN

(i love sample sets, details are irrelevant)

Congrats again Joe, great set! Best of luck dragging many pots your way - just never against me ;) :LOL: :laugh:

Love it ALL!!! ‘Well done’ is not nearly enough of a compliment. Fantastic set with a wonderful personal connection. I’m really digging that T100 and T1000.

P.S. Post that Member Chip here.

Love it ALL!!! ‘Well done’ is not nearly enough of a compliment. Fantastic set with a wonderful personal connection. I’m really digging that T100 and T1000.

P.S. Post that Member Chip here.
Done :tup:

I'm in for samples. Really, really well done! Man that hundo is a stellar chip

This is a solid line-up.

It’s reminding me of:
1629171658111.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom