Sunfly Cards?!? (1 Viewer)

Definitely curious to know how they compare to other cards.
I’ve played with Kem, Copag, Fournier, Piatnik, Modiano, Dal Negro, Da Vinci, Guild, and Desjgn so will have a decent base to compare against.

Haven’t used Faded Spade, Bicycle Prestige, or Bullets yet.

The card faces and design looks like it would be faded looking from a distance. Up close they look really cool.

I got the cards last night and took a few pics.

The box says the cards are their “Duke Series”. Not sure what this means and no clue how many offerings will be a part of this series and whether other series exist.

A57AF4D7-AB5D-4B87-B1B1-3A1198487911.jpeg

First impression is that the box is pretty nice. The design on the back of the cards is fairly intricate and well done.

The one major drawback is the pips. I find the swirls make differentiating the spades and clubs harder.

19118EAD-1611-43ED-B6BE-C312ED162212.jpeg

I think the card stock is good. Thickness is average (thicker than Copags/Cartamundi Bravo...comparable to Fournier/Desjgn/Dal Negro Monkey...thinner than DaVinci).

The cards have more texture than Kem/Copag/Cartamundi and it’s very similar to Fournier. Riffling is nice and the cards snap back quite well.

EF0C93F3-2B69-4A24-BC6A-6BEFB001717B.jpeg

98F2AAF0-5707-4561-B6FE-FFF247A3FC57.jpeg

5FD80322-751E-4C84-820C-2760D6CD4382.jpeg

Overall, I think the cards are good. If solid pips are available then I think this deck would be a decent option depending on the price point.

I’m curious to see what the price differential (and minimum quantities) would be to make a semi-custom (backs only) or full custom deck.

Would be interested in something custom... thanks for the review, I agree the club/spade from a distance is a bit confusing so for players opposite end of the dealer or poor of sight could have an issue.. otherwise they look good to me. Glad to hear they handle well and have some texture. I do like the back design as well

Watching with interest. :)

Just from the pics posted.
Like the backs but the faces (both font and pip design) leave a lot to be desired. Font is too thin and the pip design would be tough to see across a table. Also the colors look very muted/faded (maybe the pics).
Sounds like the feel/stock may be good if you say they are close to Fournier.

But we would need to have an agreed upon group buy design (which might be tough) unless you want hundreds of decks to yourself

Something PCF-related would make the most sense in this instance, no? I'd leave the actual design details to those more qualified than myself. If they are halfway decent, I'd buy a setup or two. Sounds like they are solid in a lot of areas. Like others, the font and pip design is not ideal for me, but I'd still be interested in owning some. I really like the back design - even though a custom buy would have its own art...

I didn’t end up pursuing this because of the relatively high MOQ on semi-customs / full customs.

I didn’t end up pursuing this because of the relatively high MOQ on semi-customs / full customs.
Here's what they told me just last week :

For Sun-Fly standard design of Lucky Dragon cards, minimum quantities would be one full box of 144 decks.
But for custom cards, minimum quantities should be 2,000 decks per back color.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom