Strategy for transporting a 2000 chip set? (1 Viewer)

NoNamePokerGuy

Two Pair
Reaction score
My set seems to keep growing, and the players at my game are a big fan of having more chips in front of them even if they are worth the same. Are there any options other than apache/pelican cases for a set with 1500+ chips? I love my Bestine cases, but carrying 4 of them to someone elses house seems a bit much?

Yeah that's kind of the answer I figured. 2 tables and having starting stacks that the players feel like they have the amount of chips "people see on TV" on the table. I know, I know, tis silly, X amount is still X amount no matter if it takes 15 or 150 chips in front of them, but I enjoy more chips too and my collection is growing.

Highly advise learning to leave some home and letting them know that not every one of your 20 friends can start with 75 chip stacks, but you do you! Yup, strap them to a handcart or little 4 wheeled cart, whatever works. These can pretty easily fit in two Apaches.

Highly advise learning to leave some home and letting them know that not every one of your 20 friends can start with 75 chip stacks, but you do you! Yup, strap them to a handcart or little 4 wheeled cart, whatever works. These can pretty easily fit in two Apaches.
Yeah, I get that. You're right, starting stack is 50-75. Still, I like letting them have chips. Sounds like I'm doomed to Apaches and something that looks better (my opinion of course, to each their own.)

I'm the primary organizer, cards & chips supplier, banker, etc. of the regular home game I've been a part of for over a dozen years, but I don't have room to physically host, so we rotate hosts between 2-3 other players.

I'm usually bringing no more than 500 chips, so don't have the problem you're facing, but if you're in a similar situation as I am, and the "someone else's house" is relatively consistent, could you leave a 500-1000 chip set (assuming they're not crazy valuable) at the physical host's house, and you can bring a supplemental 500-1000 chips if your friends want to have a ton of chips in front of them?

2000 chips for a single table game? Really?
Sorry, I didn't explain well. 2 tables of players and a cash game breaks out afterwards with 1-2 tables. So only about 500 chips per table for the tournament and another 500 for the cash game. Cash game plays very small, so different set of chips from tournament

1500 - 2000 seem excessive for 2 tables, It will felt the same as having to be seated in a 11 player table plus a dealer

Sometime Less is More

That's aside, multi case like Nanuk Apache will properly your best choices still since not many options is going to be good with 15-25 kg of chips load

The small one on the left holds up to 2600 and the big one on the right up to 3600 chips each. They are amazing chip cases, room for everything and can be carried to/from a car by most adult men or further with 2 people from the side handles. You can lock them and very few will be able to pick them up and run. I give you the big red tool box. Lately the larger size is hard to find and possibly discontinued. (My review https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...p-actually-2600-chips-cap.66206/#post-1745875)

I have bought the Nanuk/Pelican/Apache style cases but I personally not used them for chips (guns instead) mainly because of past experience with the pluck foam separating/breaking down with paintball gear which would likely see my chips spilling all over and I have never been so ambitious as to use spray foam. Otherwise 2-1000 chip cases or birdcages may be another option.

1643023363890(1).png

Apaches with a wheeled cart.
This isn’t practical for many reasons.

I would use the same strategy that you would’ve used to transport 1999 chips and just stick one chip in your front pocket. It could be the right front pocket. Also could be the left front pocket. That part is entirely up to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom