Good case for 1500 chip set (1 Viewer)

Kolb

Reaction score
I see alot of posts for cases but most top out at 1000. Does anyone have any recommendations for a 1500 chip count set?

That many chips are rarely needed. Is it for tournament play or cash? How many players?

It works for us, we dont really use it all, but its what we have, and having it in a nice case would be useful.
Sorry, poor reading on my part. Didn’t realize you were looking for a case for an already existing set

once you are over 1000chip territory your options likely will take you to the hardware store.

These cases hold 2600 and 3600 respectively
1643023363890(1).png

the good part of the hardware store are the readily available measuring tapes to size out racks in various set ups.

Last edited:
Display or travel? 1500 chips @ 10g per chip comes to15kg (33 lbs). If travel, you're going to want to split that across a couple cases (or hire a Sherpa).

Display or travel? 1500 chips @ 10g per chip comes to15kg (33 lbs). If travel, you're going to want to split that across a couple cases (or hire a Sherpa).
And the Apache 4800 is 10 lbs. itself. I'm sure the Nanuk or Pelican cases are lighter, but likely not enough. 1,500 chips in anything is still heavy.

I still move and store my chips in a fully loaded Nanuk 930 around my basement. If that’s the plan and you only want one case, you’ll probably be ok

Custom from @alecnetwoodworks

This one holds 1,400 but I’m sure he could add another row.

View attachment 1267922
Typically I go to a double decker box for over 1000 chips. Keeps the footprint to something a bit more reasonable when moving it around. Currently building a 1600ct box (800 top in nice removable tray and then 800 more chips underneath that). I'm definitely not the cost-effective option though.

Finally plucked my 5800. Left some room for DBs and bounty chips. It’s heavy but has wheels which help a lot. This is 1600 IHCs.

IMG_6718.jpeg

I’ll post more pics of the whole thing later

Last edited:
You can fit 800 chips into the Nanuk 910. Compact and easy to move around. Buy Justin racks to go with them. 2 of these will get you where you need to be.

1707963524813.png

Finally plucked my 5800. Left some room for DBs and bounty chips. It’s heavy but has wheels which help a lot. This is 1600 IHCs.

View attachment 1273942

I’ll post more pics of the whole thing later

-The 5800 only has two clasps in the front which I really like. I did not like that the 4800 had the side clasps that always got in the way when opening.

-The handle on the 5800 that extends to roll the case isn’t super sturdy but it’s enough for 1600 IHCs.

-The 5800 is not as wide as the 4800 but it is thicker/deeper which allows me to stack racks sideways.

-One con about the 5800 is the area inside cannot be utilized all the way to the sides because of the wheel wells. Where I have my racks on the left is the furthest they can go on the bottom.

-5800 having wheels is the biggest convenience since they are so heavy when filled. I imagine this case full of chips weighs 50lbs. Being able to roll it on the sidewalk is a huge plus.

-Another downside is that the 5800 cost significantly more than the 4800. The 5800 retail is $99.99 and I don’t think I’ve seen them on sale.

Overall I really like the size and convenience of the 5800 over the 4800. Some might not considering the price jump but I don’t want to hold a 50lbs briefcase back and forth so being able to roll it is worth the additional cost to me.

IMG_6732.jpeg
IMG_6733.jpeg
IMG_6734.jpeg
IMG_6735.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom