Best Chip Cases (1 Viewer)

brocck

High Hand
Reaction score
Hello, I currently run a small tournament at my local bar. I have a 500 chip set and have already broke two cases. Im wondering if anyone can recommend a good case for me. I will be adding some chips so it will need to hold 750-1000 chips. Thanks.

I currently fit 600 but you may be able to get something similar just deeper to fit 1000. This one cost me 85$ on amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_6464.png
    IMG_6464.png
    408.6 KB · Views: 106
Versa has 2 good options. I have one of each. The briefcase style is very sturdy, Room for extra chips. The enclosed bird type will need you to purchase chip racks if you don't have them. I like them both equally.
Screenshot_20231009_195205_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20231009_195731_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Screenshot_20231009_195247_Photos.jpg

I also love the Versa birdcage style. I have the 600 and the 1,000 chip versions.
Some owners complain that the bottom 2 racks are hard to remove, but it’s not too bad.
If you get the Justin covered racks instead of standard acrylic racks, they come out even easier.

Where do you these “Justin racks” and why are they better than the standard acrylic. Is it different material? Looking for a case and racks for bringing to table. I’m not even sure if Justin is a person or a company. Google did not show anything. Help is needed:)

I also love the Versa birdcage style. I have the 600 and the 1,000 chip versions.
Some owners complain that the bottom 2 racks are hard to remove, but it’s not too bad.
If you get the Justin covered racks instead of standard acrylic racks, they come out even easier.

It' somewhat true if you try to lift full racks out of the bottom part. I have the higher denoms in the bottom two racks, mostly used for color ups, and I leave the racks inside all the time, and put the bottom part with the racks inside besides the poker table. Never had the need to get the racks out during a game.

I just got one of the 1000 chip Versa cases and 10 racks from Justin. Seems solid, doesn't seem like the bottom two racks will be a big deal.

Now I just need my chips to arrive!

See my thread here. It might be a good option. Fort Knox tough, no hard cradles, Uber precision for a custom layout. It takes some time configuring these and a few weeks to get a case, but the wait is worth it. It's on spendy side but worth it IMO, and not the most expensive route you could take when you say, “best”.

Great Case Option

I second the Apache cases from Harbor Freight! My 3800 is set up for 800 chips and my 4800 is set up for 1200 chips currently. They usually go on sale every other month.

Here is my 4800.

View attachment 1207370

And an older pic of my 3800.

View attachment 1207371
I always have trouble with the foam … how much to pluck out… how many layers to use? Mine is just sitting around as I haven’t had time to figure out the Apache cases.

I just set my racks over the foam to get an idea of how much to pluck out. Then I came up with a basic design and started plucking. Now that I switched to Justin Racks, they take up just a bit less space than the normal racks I used to use. If I get another case I will probably pluck one row less of foam.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom