State of the Current Union/Chip Buying Advice (1 Viewer)

RHC SETS - BUY BUY BUY
THC SETS - HOLD SELL HOLD SELL
SOLIDS - SELL SELL SELL
BUD JONES - BUY BUY BUY
CAFFEINE PILLS - BUY BUY BUY
THC RACKS - BUY BUY BUY
RHC RACKS - BUY BUY BUY
NAGB SETS - SELL SELL SELL
new consolidated strategy...

ALL - BUY SELL REPEAT

RHC SETS - BUY BUY BUY
SOLIDS - SELL SELL SELL
BUD JONES - BUY BUY BUY
THC RACKS - BUY BUY BUY
RHC RACKS - BUY BUY BUY
You forgot to mention……..
Hookers……
Blow……….
and
TRKs……….
1635304093391.gif

Random thoughts from a 2021 chipper...

The good
  1. Forum a treasure trove of information
  2. People generally willing to help and answer your questions
  3. Great place to trawl through pictures figuring out what I like or don't like
  4. Still amazes me that I transfer thousands of USD to people I never know with the implicit trust that I will receive the goods. Only here and nowhere else
  5. Crypto transfers is my new preferred mode to save international PP fees and surprised at how many folks accept it here
  6. Good alternatives like card molds are a breath of fresh air
  7. Great place to find custom stuff like dealer buttons cut cards etc.
  8. Lots of really cool people

The meh

1. Nice clay chips are pricing out a lot of new chippers. Price to enter has gone up considerably
  2. Feels like lots of group think in the forum ---> must be leaded, must be THC, must be NAGB otherwise its meh
  3. Few opportunists selling certain racks/sets claiming they are trimming down or whatever, and then dibsing the same thing when someone else lists it for a good price, and then trying to resell for profit margin.---> go play with stocks or bitcoin imo, you are not great for the community.
  4. Feels like everyone must justify their sky high prices --> "Really don't want to sell this.. ", "It's okay if they don't sell, I'll just keep it"
  5. Hoarding. Part and parcel of collecting.
  6. Some really meh people

RHC SETS - BUY BUY BUY
SOLIDS - SELL SELL SELL
BUD JONES - BUY BUY BUY
THC RACKS - BUY BUY BUY
RHC RACKS - BUY BUY BUY
I am impressed, it is both an accurate statement and/plus a troll

Last edited:
Random thoughts from a 2021 chipper...

I share your opinion for the most part on both lists. The "Fair Market Value" has pushed me out of the chip collecting hobby. At least paulsons and TRKs.

I have one paulson set and one TRK set. If I sell those, I will probably never own another one. For the record, my paulson set is RHC, giant inlay. I couldn't be happier with it :)

Otherwise I'll be a cpc and ceramics owner!

I share your opinion for the most part on both lists. The "Fair Market Value" has pushed me out of the chip collecting hobby. At least paulsons and TRKs.

I have one paulson set and one TRK set. If I sell those, I will probably never own another one. For the record, my paulson set is RHC, giant inlay. I couldn't be happier with it :)

Otherwise I'll be a cpc and ceramics owner!

CPCs announced a price hike for 2022. Get in there now!

Feels like lots of group think in the forum ---> must be leaded, must be THC, must be NAGB otherwise its meh
While it does often feel this way, it's not true. There's still plenty of love here for ceramics, non-THC Paulsons, and CPC. And the good news is that these can still be had for reasonable prices of $1-3/chip, sometimes less.

Even CPC full customs, which used to be by far the most expensive option, can be had for considerably less than many Paulson chips these days.

Feels like everyone must justify their sky high prices --> "Really don't want to sell this.. ", "It's okay if they don't sell, I'll just keep it"
I'm fine with this approach. I see it as a way of setting a floor on the price up front and avoiding negotiation that is pointless for buyer and seller. "These chips are worth X dollars to me. I will keep them rather than sell for less." As always, vote with your wallet.

While it does often feel this way, it's not true. There's still plenty of love here for ceramics, non-THC Paulsons, and CPC. And the good news is that these can still be had for reasonable prices of $1-3/chip, sometimes less.

Even CPC full customs, which used to be by far the most expensive option, can be had for considerably less than many Paulson chips these days.

I'm fine with this approach. I see it as a way of setting a floor on the price up front and avoiding negotiation that is pointless for buyer and seller. "These chips are worth X dollars to me. I will keep them rather than sell for less." As always, vote with your wallet.
And don’t lose your shorts! :unsure: Right George?
1635342533462.gif

Only for them to drop the price when it doesn't sell. The irony.

But yes, otherwise agreed. Good and well deserved love for CPCs, they are awesome!

Only for them to drop the price when it doesn't sell. The irony.

But yes, otherwise agreed. Good and well deserved love for CPCs, they are awesome!

I just look at the price, description and pictures. I ignore all the narrative and the reasons for selling yada yada yada. Salesmanship is a game here just as it is anywhere else, and you really can't blame them for trying to get the highest price.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom