State of the Current Union/Chip Buying Advice (1 Viewer)

Doesn’t matter. Seems like everyone is moving toward auctions instead of straight sales anyway.
Honestly, I don't understand the strong dislike that many here have for auctions.

Given how difficult it often is to assign "fair market value" to chips, auctions seem to be the best, easiest way to get there. It's not perfect, of course, but it seems better than looking at old or incomplete past sale data and just guessing.

Honestly, I don't understand the strong dislike that many here have for auctions.

Given how difficult it often is to assign "fair market value" to chips, auctions seem to be the best, easiest way to get there. It's not perfect, of course, but it seems better than looking at old or incomplete past sale data and just guessing.
I don’t really care one way or another. But I agree with your assessment on FMV.

Only for them to drop the price when it doesn't sell. The irony.

But yes, otherwise agreed. Good and well deserved love for CPCs, they are awesome!

Honestly, I don't ever remember seeing a single listing where someone posted a set of chips using the "this is what it would take for me to let these go" pricing followed up with "if there are no takers at this price, I'm keeping them", only to later bump the listing with "price drop, taking offers" or something similar. I'm not saying it's never happened, but I don't recall ever seeing that happen and if it did, I would assume it is an extremely rare occurrence and likely has some sort of reasonable explanation behind it (e.g., recently lost their job, or are now dealing with a family emergency of some sort). I think you are conflating these "pay me X or I'm keeping them" listings with othereise normal listings where someone simply posts some chips for sale and later lowers the price simply because the demand is lower than they had anticipated.

Honestly, I don't ever remember seeing a single listing where someone posted a set of chips using the "this is what it would take for me to let these go" pricing followed up with "if there are no takers at this price, I'm keeping them", only to later bump the listing with "price drop, taking offers" or something similar. I'm not saying it's never happened, but I don't recall ever seeing that happen and if it did, I would assume it is an extremely rare occurrence and likely has some sort of reasonable explanation behind it (e.g., recently lost their job, or are now dealing with a family emergency of some sort). I think you are conflating these "pay me X or I'm keeping them" listings with othereise normal listings where someone simply posts some chips for sale and later lowers the price simply because the demand is lower than they had anticipated.

I’m not. Literally has happened on some very sick sets ;)

For me I’m just trying to figure out where the market is given all the craziness in money printing over the last 1-2 years.

Maybe chip values have fallen actually and we just don’t know it.

But it’s good seeing all the chips coming out now after a few racks having traded at really high prices (i.e me selling ESPT 5K’s for $20/chip). People seem to want to catch the high’s (including me). Certain chips I’m definitely willing to sell “at the highs” and rebuy if it’s close to where they were 1-2 years ago.

Sometimes what buyers are willing to pay and what sellers are willing to sell at are far apart… spreads are wide… which seems to be the case right now. Hence, the “at the high’s” prices are not transacting.

Maybe I should dump some chips “at the lows” just for fun, to see what will happen.

For me I’m just trying to figure out where the market is given all the craziness in money printing over the last 1-2 years.
I think it’s rather simple, people are starting to have to use their “monopoly” money for the increases in gas, food, shelter and everything else they use and need on a regular basis.
Can’t wipe our asses with BTPs, Chickens or Boats last I checked.

I think it’s rather simple, people are starting to have to use their “monopoly” money for the increases in gas, food, shelter and everything else they use and need on a regular basis.
Maybe not, but I’m saving $18 per month on deodorant by just sticking Truman’s House Paulsons under each arm every morning.

Plus, they’re oiled perfectly. WIN WIN.

(Waiting for Kifer to post angry feedback here so I can cleanse my conscience about sending the armed drone to Iowa or wherever the hell the straw stack is that he lives in).

Maybe not, but I’m saving $18 per month on deodorant by just sticking Truman’s House Paulsons under each arm every morning.

Plus, they’re oiled perfectly. WIN WIN.

(Waiting for Kifer to post angry feedback here so I can cleanse my conscience about sending the armed drone to Iowa or wherever the hell the straw stack is that he lives in).
Do it.... you Stay Puff Marshmallow..

You've never heard of the three poker chip method? It's very similar to the three sea shell method.
I need six chips, because there is alot of fried food you gotta pry out.....

I need six chips, because there is alot of fried food you gotta pry out.....
dry-heave-throw-up.gif

Let me know when you’re done filming your latest Man vs Wild….
Are you going to keep replying to the same post as your medication kicks in, you Christina Aguilera wannabe.....

Last edited:

Iowa?

Everybody who is anyone on these forums knows that Josh lives in Sasquatchgulch, Idaho

You look like the back of a hippo’s balls.
Meeting you at a meetup was like being on a episode of The Apprentice and the goal was unplugging a toilet with a shoe. It was disappointing, fat, and smelled horrible......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom