Starburst tourney + cash set pr0n (1 Viewer)

Taghkanic

4 of a Kind
Supporter
Reaction score
Busy day tomorrow, so I got my set-ups out of the way today (it’s 95 and humid here in the Hudson Valley, so it’s all the easier to stay inside fiddling with chips). Finally got around to taking some pics to post to my game’s Facebook group, and figured I should post them here, too...

While there is a lot of trust in our group, I wanted to have two distinct color groups to make sure chips can never migrate from one game to the other... It took a long time to get enough of each. I have extras of all the colors shown except Mustard and Lilac (which have specialized use), but these are essentially what I need for each type of game:

tourney-set.jpg

cash-set.jpg

As you can infer from the above, our tournament plays pretty deep (if you’re on-time and also take the add-on at the break, you receive a total of 40K. However, blinds start at 100/200 and levels are 20 minutes for the first four and 15 minutes after the break. So it is usually done in about four hours.

There are no traditional rebuys, but players are allowed to take their add-on at any point before the break (1st four levels) if they either bust, or drop below 5K if they prefer.

(The tournament pic includes color-ups.)

By contrast, the 1/2 cash game starts out pretty shallow, with most people buying in for only 50-100 BB. But as people start busting and peeling, it gets to be a much deeper-stacked game (for some).

BTW, this pic does not do justice to the blazingness of Blaze Orange. In fresh condition, they are a really hot orange. I also have some radiant reds, which are similarly hot, but I didn’t have enough to use those as 5s, so I went with the B.O.s.

Originally, I used Day Blues as $2 chips, but found that the color was hard to distinguish from the Day Greens at night. So swapped them out for Light Blues (which are a darker and less vibrant blue).

Great looking set of solids here! Working on one myself - mixed set of starbursts, monos and cherries.

Heh. No, I was referring to the “e” in value which is tracked out too far to the right...

Heh. No, I was referring to the “e” in value which is tracked out too far to the right...
But now the lack of a $ is bugging you too, right?

If not, please turn in your OCD membership card.. your privileges have been revoked.

('e' placement looks fine to me...)

Sweet setup. Do you have a denomination chart for reference when you play?

I'd personally swap the sets to keep the colors more "traditional".

Before considering whether to run, I’ll need you to provide a copy of the election rules in triplicate, in Garamond font, on 60# cardstock.

Sweet setup. Do you have a denomination chart for reference when you play?

For the tourney, the group has been been playing so long together that there is no need for a denomination chart. Newbies/guests just have to get the hang of it.

I'd personally swap the sets to keep the colors more "traditional".

I could see that, given that the tourney colors match up with standard East Coast cash progressions... But it is too ingrained at this point. Also, I have a lot more of the white/red/green/blacks than of the cash set, so swapping isn’t feasible.

Now, if you have large stashes of the colors in my sets...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom