Hoyle Harvest set (5 Viewers)

Awesome design! Thanks for sharing all your ideas, it’s all so well-thought!
I’m in love with the $25 ♥️

This inlay work is amazing, it just sets the bar higher for everybody. Easily one of my all time favourite inlay sets I have seen!! Great work and congratulations!

Phenomenal :love:

From the colours choice to the brilliant « same, but different » inlays… direct bookmark in multiple categories as reference and exemple to follow.

May all the thoughts, work, and passion you put into them bring you luck at the table.

Wow, I love your different label designs for the different denoms, fantastic work!

I am very pleased wit the textured inlay option from Gear. Great feel, and they add a level of authenticity over non-textured options.

Some of the colors are a bit duller than hoped, such as the lime green on the $100. The peach on the $5 was a bigger problem, and remains a compromise even after re-running. This is just a limitation of printing. In general, I would tend to suggest using more monochrome colors or those which are easier to replicate (reds and blues seem to do better than most).

Overall though I’m thrilled to have this finally nearing completion. I expect to felt these in a couple of weeks, also with a new table.

The chips are pretty much set, thanks to @Josh Kifer, @Nanook and @Gear … I’m expecting to get a few more brown $5s and mustard $25s soon, but have enough for my 2/5 game to switch from my PCR set to the Harvests.

The room is rounding into shape, too — moved the game from our house to our renovated barn/studio. Some components, plus chip pr0n…

* 4K projection screen, @GorillaGlenn super elliptical table, padded stacking chairs:

IMG_0094.jpeg

* Wood stove:

IMG_0097.jpeg

* Club chairs, and modified Versa case (ripped out the dividers, put in racks):

IMG_0095.jpeg

* More club chairs, with Ouija table/sculpture and geometric paintings by my other half:

IMG_0096.jpeg

* Sound system (in-ceiling speakers, floor subwoofer not shown) and clutter:

IMG_0100.jpeg

* Milled/inlay replaced spotted THC chippies, four-color COPAGs:

IMG_0088.jpeg
IMG_0087.jpeg
IMG_0092.jpeg
IMG_0089.jpeg
IMG_0090.jpeg
IMG_0084.jpeg

* Customized dealer tray:

IMG_0085.jpeg
IMG_0081.jpeg

* Bar, stools, art wall, bev fridge, storage:

IMG_5439.jpeg
IMG_5282.jpeg
IMG_5281.jpeg

* Lights out:

IMG_0101.jpeg

It’s been a long journey. I’m especially pleased that I was able to either build or design most elements myself… Still tweaking some stuff, but I sincerely think I’m coming to a resting spot where all the fruits of this labor can just be enjoyed.

Thanks to all who have followed and offered suggestions.

Last edited:
Few more pics to round out the scene, as long as I’m taking a lap…

* Hoyle book collection… I have to move this out to the poker barn now. I have no real attachment to Hoyle’s Rules of the Game, TBH. But coincidentally I live on Hoyle Road, named for a family that owned most of the land nearby 100 years ago. So that’s how this all got started:

IMG_0111.jpeg

* Barn exterior from last mud season:

IMG_0110.jpeg
IMG_0105.jpeg

* The space doubles as a studio; some sculpture components from my gf’s projects:

IMG_0109.jpeg

* Some shots of the bar build… I picked up two antique cabinets at a local shop, plus the bev fridge, then built a rolling base and frame around them. Also got a huge piece of walnut butcher block from a lumber place, which I cut to size and treated with multiple coats of tung oil:

IMG_0104.jpeg

IMG_0116.jpeg

IMG_0114.jpeg

IMG_0122.jpeg

IMG_0108.jpeg

* Bar with art wall, filled out… Going to make a piece to fit over the hatch to a storage area at top center:

IMG_0103.jpeg

* Woodshop adjoining the poker/studio room, renovated last Fall to prepare for this and other projects. Also have a chop saw and drill press to go with the band and table saws. (So I’m ready to punish angle-shooters on the spot…) It’s a total mess now compared to this post-reno shot:

IMG_0107.jpeg

* Lastly… Firewood! Love having a fire going during a Fall game…

IMG_0106.jpeg

Last edited:
It’s been a long journey. I’m especially pleased that I was able to either build or design most elements myself… Still tweaking some stuff, but I sincerely think I’m coming to a resting spot where all the fruits of this labor can just be enjoyed.

And enjoy it I'm sure you will!

as long as I’m taking a lap…

... of honour.

Take a bow indeed - simply stunning :cool

Way back in 2017, when I was new to this site, I posted that my ideal poker room would look like this:

IMG_0135.png

All I need to do now is paint the walls of our studio black.

Seems maybe my tastes haven’t evolved at all in six years…

Some finishing touches... Here, an Apache 9800 picked & plucked to fit the set, which had grown too big for my modified 1,000+ Versa case. I may at some point order one of those custom inserts if the foam doesn’t hold up well enough:

IMG_0146.jpeg

IMG_0154.jpeg

IMG_0147.jpeg

My final breakdown, all 39 mm unless otherwise noted:

200 NCV
200 $1
100 $2
500 $5
300 $25
100 $100 (43mm)
20 $500 (48mm)
20 NCV+ (48mm)
——
1,440 total chips

(Plus a few extras set aside in case of any loss/damage)

Total bank, without high denoms: $20,400

With high denoms: $50,400

The 200 gold NCVs are meant to be flexible as either 25¢ or 50¢ chips for micro stakes, or $20s in a limit game.

The 20 NCV+ (48mm) could be used for any amount $1K or higher, though I doubt that will ever be necessary. Those were designed as more of a flyer.

This will be mainly used for a 2/5 game but I wanted lots of flexibility, and also to get a lot of chips in players’ stacks (hence the high number of $5s). I find games play more splashy that way, and my players enjoy stacking towers.

Last edited:
I wanted a way of powering the Gorilla table’s LED without having a cord running to the wall, which would look ugly and people would trip on. Started researching battery products online, then realized I already had a solution in my woodshop:

https://egopowerplus.com/nexus-escape/

1699019785754.png

I had gotten one of these as part of some EGO promotion a while back, but never used it. The unit is quite small and lightweight, with a swinging handle that can be used as a stand or a hanger.

I have a ton of EGO batteries and chargers of various capacities for power tools (pole saw, chainsaw, string trimmer, zero turn mower). The largest of these is 12.5Ah and the smallest 2.5Ah.

For starters, I just plugged the transformer for the table light into the 150W outlet on the inverter, with a 7.5Ah battery inserted. I scrounged around and placed these in a wastebasket matching my concrete floor, under one of the table legs.

At my game last night, we played for 8 hours, with the light still going strong while I was doing some cleanup after.

There are also a couple of USB ports on the EGO inverter. (A newer version has two USB-Cs and one USB-A.) So I might coil some long cords under each side of the table for a kludgey phone solution.

Last edited:
The EGO batteries are quite expensive, so this is probably not a solution for someone who isn’t already using their tools. I believe there are similar adapters for Dewalt batteries, though an initial search only turned up third-party units.

Long-term, I will probably figure out a way to strap, mount or just hang the unit (from the handle) under the center of the table, so there is nothing visible on the floor.

Here are some pics of the ad hoc setup used last night:

IMG_0291.jpeg
IMG_0293.jpeg
IMG_0294.jpeg

Come to think of it, I could maybe just strap this to the angled table leg supports with Velcro.

The EGO batteries are quite expensive, so this is probably not a solution for someone who isn’t already using their tools. I believe there are similar adapters for Dewalt batteries, though an initial search only turned up third-party units.

Long-term, I will probably figure out a way to strap, mount or just hang the unit (from the handle) under the center of the table, so there is nothing visible on the floor.

Here are some pics of the ad hoc setup used last night:

View attachment 1219382View attachment 1219383View attachment 1219384

Come to think of it, I could maybe just strap this to the angled table leg supports with Velcro.
Wish I had a solution for my shuffletech

Wish I had a solution for my shuffletech

I can’t see why this same inverter/battery combo wouldn’t work for anything which uses a two- or three-pronged plug. I assume Shuffltechs use more power than an LED, but one of the larger EGO batteries ought to be able to last the duration of a poker game... And I have about a dozen batteries, anyway.

But per above, if you don’t already use EGO batteries this solution could get pretty expensive. I’m only using it because I already had all the gear on hand for other purposes.

Last edited:
885411AC-5F24-4391-9607-F2E2DB2D3486.jpeg
9515A4A9-12F4-4B2E-9A19-D8AC435BD467.jpeg

I just picked a Ryobi inverter up on sale. Actually picked 2 up. I bought mine to power my cpap if the power goes out. Really small and lightweight. I have Ryobi tools, so I have a million batteries.

This would work great for the lights. I haven’t tried it on my cpap yet, but I read a 4ah battery will run about 5 hours for the cpap. I would think shuffle tech would use less juice.

I decided to add some phone chargers to the table, so I now have a battery pack attached to each leg during games.

The install was straightforward though pretty annoying, dealing with all the clips and arranging the wires.

One thing which helped (only thought of this about halfway through) was to trace the legs so that I could work around them without them being folded down.

I opted for a pack of 6 pucks from www.sitncharge.com … I prefer to host 8max games with a dealer, and arrange these so that anyone who needs a charge to be close to one.

IMG_0382.jpeg
IMG_0388.jpeg

The battery packs are secured to the leg with these heavy duty twist ties from Lowe’s, for which I find all kinds of uses on my property. They come in lots of lengths and are surprisingly strong. The nice part is that they are easily untwisted and removed unlike old-fashioned zip ties:
IMG_0409.jpeg

I mostly used the SitnCharge provided screw-in clips for the cords, but in a few places I used these, which are pretty easy to find at Target, Walmart, etc. I’ve tried a lot of products like this, and this brand is the only one I’ve found which really stick. Downside is they do leave foam/glue residue behind on surfaces like wood, if you remove them after a while:

IMG_0410.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom