Hoyle Harvest set (3 Viewers)

One of the best creations I’ve seen on PCF!

Possibly the best custom inlay I’ve seen.

Wow these turned out awesome. I cant take my eyes of that 100!

This inlay work is amazing, it just sets the bar higher for everybody. Easily one of my all time favourite inlay sets I have seen!! Great work and congratulations!

Phenomenal :love:

From the colours choice to the brilliant « same, but different » inlays… direct bookmark in multiple categories as reference and exemple to follow.

May all the thoughts, work, and passion you put into them bring you luck at the table.
X1000

One of the best thought out inlay & sets on PCF. It’s just….. A+

Harvest chips in play… Had eight of us last night, plus a dealer. Perfect from my standpoint—nine players is too many, IMHO.

IMG_1763.jpeg

Though the photos don’t really show the problem, I’ve been getting a little tilted when I see players in my game with $100s under or on top of stacks of the $25s. Though the colors and spots are quite distinct, and the $100 is a bigger (43mm) chip, the colors blend a little too much to my liking.

Maybe I’m being too anal about this... Probably so. But now I’m thinking of changing the color of the $100s, as much as I like ’em. I have 60 black RPCs, and mocked this up:

PRC Black pic.jpg

I like this look—it is a bit similar to my original $100 using a dark gray chip. The problem is that my table felt is mostly black, which would introduce a different problem (the chip blending into the felt).

I dunno, maybe I should leave it alone. Or else find a 43mm option which is neither orange, tan, black (or mustard, brown, white or pink, for that matter).

Maybe bump the blurple $500 to $100 and find a white or blaze $500?

Is that RPC mock up a 43mm?

Here’s a shot of two black RPCs under a stack on the black felt. The spots help with detection, but I think this is not an improvement. Unless I switched to a blue or green felt I guess.

IMG_2829.jpeg

P.S. Photographing these mustard chips seems impossible. The shade of yellow is way off here, and in all pics I take of them. Not sure what it is about my phone sensor that does this.

Here are some more obsessive pics of various other 43mms under a stack of the $25s.

The blues don’t work too well with the blue spots in the $5s.

The greens... Just don’t like ’em.

The grays I do like, but I can’t justify murdering Jack Secondary 5Ks that are rare and sell for $30+/each...

I’m now thinking a change of the felt to green is the only solution! For now, gonna live with the original $100s.

IMG_2833.jpeg
IMG_2834.jpeg
IMG_2836.jpeg

I’m learning how to use a Cricut Maker 3, and produced this alternate $100 chip for my set. This involves printing on waterproof full-sheet sticker vinyl, applying a textured laminate, and cutting it with the Maker 3.

IMG_3052.jpeg
IMG_3050.jpeg
IMG_3051.jpeg

The learning curve has been steep, with the need to do a lot of fiddly adjustments. But now that I have a process and template down, this will be great for small batch designs, especially ultra-custom stuff like bounty/seating chips etc.

I submerged the chip for 30 seconds and oiled it—see the first pic. Seems to have held up perfectly.

Homemade dealer button using two hardware store items (wood round, doorstop), a Cricut-made laminated giant label, spray paint and a clear poly topcoat.

It has some flaws… I may actually remake it now that I’ve climbed the learning curve. But it’ll do for now.

IMG_3184.jpeg

When I make dealer buttons (this is my second) I glue cards to the bottom to help it slide. Nothing slides quite like plastic cards!

The new $100s got into play last night and were a big hit. I’ve never had so many people adding on to their stacks and so many rebuys. People were specifically asking for their extra chips in 100s rather than 25s. Had a record amount in play.

The power of design!

IMG_3103.jpeg
IMG_3104.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom