Spades and Clubs Difference (2 Viewers)

NotRealNameNoSir

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Good discussions being had about how different the suits should look. Wanted to post this: not an exhaustive list but a good comparison of KEMs, Faded Spade, NTP, Copag, Desjgn, KING, and Broken Arrow.

You can see that Broken Arrow are significantly closer to eachother than any of the others. Didnt think it was that bad but peeking them today, it was noticable. This isnt an attack, just conversation about how different they need to be to still be functional.

My photography sucks, no idea how y'all do it.
20230824_224830.jpg

20230824_225203.jpg
20230824_225217.jpg

Can you post what order these are in? I’m curious what decks the 3J and 1010 are

Interesting observation about the Broken Arrows. I agree they are more similar than the others you've shown. Not having owned a deck myself, I wonder if that's enough to increase the likelihood of misreading them.

The Fournier strike me as the most spadely of the spades and the clubiest of clubs
The Fournier EPTs, since I picked up a set from @JRald07 , have been in the running for favorite cards ever. Very tough to beat. Great snap and stiffness, love the colors and back art. Just wow. Extra credit cause it matches my tourney set.

These are plastic Chinese Texas Hold’em cards from The Poker Store. These feel good to me and a 10 pack runs $40. I don’t like fat spades and hearts and the red is a nice deep red color.

Attachments

• IMG_3867.jpeg
    IMG_3867.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3868.jpeg
    IMG_3868.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 67
The Fournier EPTs, since I picked up a set from @JRald07 , have been in the running for favorite cards ever. Very tough to beat. Great snap and stiffness, love the colors and back art. Just wow. Extra credit cause it matches my tourney set.
The EPTs are my favorites right now, but I'll probably be putting the NTPs into play this weekend, so we'll see.

Yeah my concensus is just how short and fat they both are on BA, the tip of the spade and the clover bits get mushed.

Love the cards but just noting perceptions, having good convos about ease of access.

Isn't that quite unusual for an Acetate card to be firm vs. soft???
I don't know! I love cards but really am a layperson when it comes to materials or stock. They're not as stiff as Faded Spade but markedly stiffer than any Kem, copag or NTP Ive felt.

Played 7 hours w/the NTPs. I may be biased because I had a good session, but these were probably the best shuffling decks I played with. I think they are my top choice for bridge-size, with EPTs being my top choice for poker-size.

No confusion between spades and clubs (, though one of my guys thought he hit a flush when he mistook a river heart card for a spade. He said the red looked black to him. They are security red, but no one else agreed that they looked black. He might have had a few too many drinks. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Played 7 hours w/the NTPs. I may be biased because I had a good session, but these were probably the best shuffling decks I played with. I think they are my top choice for bridge-size, with EPTs being my top choice for poker-size.

No confusion between spades and clubs (, though one of my guys thought he hit a flush when he mistook a river heart card for a spade. He said the red looked black to him. They are security red, but no one else agreed that they looked black. He might have had a few too many drinks. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I really like the NTPs but yes, their red is the closest I've seen to black.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom